Toast Welcome Blake "Sherrif" Acres

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we’ve had makeshift wingman this year. Colyer, Bewley, Aish, Acres, Cerra...

that was the best game we’ve had off a wing. Not sure it’s a permanent fixture though. If he can maintain form, then I’d give him the wing spot permanently.
Cerra has a few rippers on a wing. Aish too. I do think Acres has a bit more pace and ablity to run and carry the ball than those two.

Really good game against the Tigers.
I have been thinking about the calls for him to play inside mid.
Some players give the impression that they should play in another position due to their physical attributes.
I remember a kid in my son's team who was played at half forward because he was really fast & a long kick.
One day at training, in a scratch match he played inside mid & played much, much better than usual.
It got me thinking at the time, so I am proposing that here for Acres.
Maybe his mindset is that of an outside mid, despite being built for the contest. He is not a shirker & his tackle on Cotchin was a highlight from the game. But still nothing compared to that Serong handball. Sorry to get back to that.
Acres is a wingman IMO

Just needs to avoid shirking contests and he’ll be alright. He wasn’t able to avoid that habit at WP and the Saints so it’ll be a really big feather in his cap if JLo can get him to commit to every contest every game.

Just needs to avoid shirking contests and he’ll be alright. He wasn’t able to avoid that habit at WP and the Saints so it’ll be a really big feather in his cap if JLo can get him to commit to every contest every game.
I very much doubt Josh Carr will be letting him get away with shirking contests ever again. I would have loved to be a fly on the wall when Carr did his Geelong review with him.

I very much doubt Josh Carr will be letting him get away with shirking contests ever again. I would have loved to be a fly on the wall when Carr did his Geelong review with him.

If Josh Carr can coach Acres to be as tough as Matt Carr then we've struck absolute gold. They have a lot of similarities and M.Carr was an absolute jet for us in 06

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m convinced, that’s 2 good games in a row. Apparently couldn’t do that at the Saints. It’s also 2 games in a row better than anything Brad Hill has put together this year.
He’s been great. Loves the freedom to roam and run. He’s an upgrade on Langdon tbh

Remove this Banner Ad

Back