List Mgmt. Welcome Brendon Ah Chee

jesterwester

Premiership Player
May 1, 2007
Australind
AFL Club
West Coast
Said it quite a few time during trade period...hes only ever had Hinkley as an AFL coach. For whatever reason, Hinkley never gave him a chance in his natural position at AFL level. Pretty much everyone can identify with a boss/supervisor that you just don't click with.

Reckon he'll be a great pick-up, perfect fit.
Ken Hinkley has his favourites. If you aren't on that list of favourites, it is very very difficult to get a clear run at it at Port. Ive heard that mentioned several times.

I think he's just needed a clear run in the midfield which he just hasn't got at Port but will with us. Pleasing to hear how hard he is working.

great interview. Got onto some unsteady territory around the 3 minute mark with the Port Ebert, Wines, Powell-Pepper compared to Shuey...Hutchings....uum Dan Venables but recovered well.

So stoked to hear a player in our colours flat out claiming contested footy was their buzz.

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
great interview. Got onto some unsteady territory around the 3 minute mark with the Port Ebert, Wines, Powell-Pepper compared to Shuey...Hutchings....uum Dan Venables but recovered well.

So stoked to hear a player in our colours flat out claiming contested footy was their buzz.
Tin foil hat in me does wonder if he's just talking that aspect up because he knows that's what the recruiters want him for.

Proof of the bull will be in the Yorkshire pudding I guess - excited to find out about all of the unknowns of this off season

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast

If ever there was a justification of a trade surely this is it. Recruit an inside mid who can't go on to name more than 1-2 established midfielders in his new team. To be a fly on the wall of opposition clubs as they discuss strategy against the mighty West Coast midfield :rolleyes:

Feb 5, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Coast (AFLW)
If ever there was a justification of a trade surely this is it. Recruit an inside mid who can't go on to name more than 1-2 established midfielders in his new team. To be a fly on the wall of opposition clubs as they discuss strategy against the mighty West Coast midfield :rolleyes:

You kidding? Opposition coaches are going to have no clue how to effectively plan for our midfield early in the season aside from hoping their midfield beats ours.

Previous seasons they could just focus on reducing Priddis' impact on clearances and setting up to intecept hack kicks from said clearances. They're going to have to do some real homework in 2018 for the first time in years.

I think we're a realistic chance to get off to a flyer next year as teams struggle to come up with new strategies for playing against us.

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
You kidding? Opposition coaches are going to have no clue how to effectively plan for our midfield early in the season aside from hoping their midfield beats ours.

Previous seasons they could just focus on reducing Priddis' impact on clearances and setting up to intecept hack kicks from said clearances. They're going to have to do some real homework in 2018 for the first time in years.

I think we're a realistic chance to get off to a flyer next year as teams struggle to come up with new strategies for playing against us.

I meant from the perspective of Arch coming from another club and having no knowledge of our mids. Makes me wonder if other clubs just laugh at us and say go win the footy and do whatever you like, boys. Agreed this coming season is the unknown and unpredictability and the requirement to adapt are things that work in our favour, much like our 2015 back line.

Just had to comment about the new avatar. Very awesome.

The People's Eyebrow!

Back