List Mgmt. Welcome Brendon Ah Chee

Remove this Banner Ad

great interview. Got onto some unsteady territory around the 3 minute mark with the Port Ebert, Wines, Powell-Pepper compared to Shuey...Hutchings....uum Dan Venables but recovered well.

So stoked to hear a player in our colours flat out claiming contested footy was their buzz.
Simmo won't like that kind of talk.

Thoughts on Ah Chee after three games?

We appear to be deploying him as a defensive HFF. I'm not sure it's working that well. Should we be rolling him through the midfield more often?

We appear to be deploying him as a defensive HFF. I'm not sure it's working that well. Should we be rolling him through the midfield more often?
If Shuey doesn't come in next week, I'd drop Hutch for Petrol and run Arch in the midfield.

Port tried the same thing and it doesn't suit him.

He's a natural midfielder

But doesn't seem to get much of it.

he's capable of 20-25 disposals on his day and a very handy resting forward pocket (great overhead)

the only thing I think he lacks is belief and aggression. Someone like Hurn could be a good role model for him.

He’s pretty unlucky, I think to not have played more with us so far. But given how well our midfield group have been the last 18 months it’s harder to break into.

Had he been here in 2014/15, he might have established himself as a regular. Timing is everything, I suppose.

He is doing his role for us if he keeps knocking on the door. As we come to the business end of the year- it’s those sorts of guys that end up being the good luck stories- only need to look at last year for examples of that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought he was great today, was involved in a lot of of our scoring opportunities, especially early.ended up with a goal as well. :)

Yep, he was very good. Was hard at it in difficult conditions, and I would like to see him stay in the team, at least until Hutchings is back.

Sneezy did well, showed potential, certainly better than Smith!
He's got some assets, looks like he needs more time in the pressure-cooker of AFL games.
Would like to see him in another couple of games, to get a fix on him-
eg - The Pies next week?

Last edited:
He's one of those guys that you feel if he had the same opportunity a Masten or Sheed has had throughout his career then he'd be better than a fringe best 22 player.
A bit of bad luck with us when he got injured last year pre-season and we've had minimal injuries in our midfield. I think he's better suited to the HF role we kept trying to put Sheed in to.

I think his ability is pretty clear - and always has been. It is his application over 4 quarters that has let him down IMO.
Very pleased about how well he played the other night. He earned himself a repeat entry on selection night. If there's a spot available of course.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back