List Mgmt. Welcome Clay Hall (Pick 38, 2023 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Reminds me of Ben Keays, which you'd take at 38 to be the workhorse behind the Thoroughbreds. Seems to have a huge engine

Don't understand the disappointment people are having with this pick.

Just picked up a midfielder the same size as Yeo, who has averaged 19 disposals over 9 games in WAFL seniors as an 18 year old.

Named in the U18s All-Australian Team - the only listed midfielder in that side that wasn't from the Allies squad.

Will complement the developing midfield cohort at the club whilst adding another element to it.

Plays hard on the inside (is a tackling machine), but still has the mobility and running capacity to be very effective on the outside as well.

If he had some more composure in his disposal he would have gone before D.Curtin.

To land this level of talent at pick 38, in a local product, with previous links to the club through his father, is exceptional.

Joins B.Hough as another from Harvey Brunswick Leschenault at West Coast.

Welcome to the Eagles, Clay.

May you have a long and successful career at the club.

So what. Even if we finish last, that's about pick 45 (another compromised draft in 2024)

We can offer F3 2025 if we need to get back into that round.

Pick purchasing could be available as well.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
I agree, I was being sarcastic. He looks great, some people carrying on about him being vanilla are full of it - he's big, explosive, huge tank, awesome physicality and a left footer to boot, what's not to like about him.

Reminds me a bit of myself back in the day😜

Dom Sheed 2.0
If you mean Dom Sheed 2.0 in that he'll kick the winning goal late in time on in the grandfinal then, yes, i agree.

If you mean style of play. Well not so much.

Also for all the grief Dom gets, if you picked a Dom level player at pick 38 in the draft you'd be absolutely thrilled.

Just picked up a midfielder the same size as Yeo, who has averaged 19 disposals over 9 games in WAFL seniors as an 18 year old.

Named in the U18s All-Australian Team - the only listed midfielder in that side that wasn't from the Allies squad.

Will complement the developing midfield cohort at the club whilst adding another element to it.

Plays hard on the inside (is a tackling machine), but still has the mobility and running capacity to be very effective on the outside as well.

If he had some more composure in his disposal he would have gone before D.Curtin.

To land this level of talent at pick 38, in a local product, with previous links to the club through his father, is exceptional.

That’s because we got addicted to Harley Reid types. lack of ability of recruiters to find a Harley Reid at every pick is disappointing.

At least we are drafting mids late. We are due to hit jackpot with a late midfielder pick

100%

One point not to be brushed away that I think is too often brushed away.

19 disposals per game in 9 WAFL SENIORS. SENIOR FOOTBALL. None of this...oh he dominates the Colts BS.

Because we know next draft we're splitting our first and trading out 2025 F1 for Busslinger....

Why both? Unless we're picking up Busslinger and an additional 2x first round picks in 2024 this is totally unnecessary.

So what. Even if we finish last, that's about pick 45 (another compromised draft in 2024)

We can offer F3 2025 if we need to get back into that round.

Pick purchasing could be available as well.

People getting worked up over losing a pick that at best will be pick 45 next year is crazy. Clubs should always be trading picks forward because you can essentially keep doing it.

People getting worked up over losing a pick that at best will be pick 45 next year is crazy. Clubs should always be trading picks forward because you can essentially keep doing it.

Exactly. Future 3rds are essentially worthless, hence why clubs just throw them around willy nilly. We'll be able to pick up a third next year from another club really easily if we want it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm excited that we picked him.

But I'm not in the know like some other regarding these young guys.

Can someone tell me why a top 5 rated mid (according to being AA) lasted to the pick he did?

Is it his ceiling? Was he torturing special needs animals? Does he like Hawaiian pizza?

Can someone tell me why a top 5 rated mid (according to being AA) lasted to the pick he did?

Is it his ceiling? Was he torturing special needs animals? Does he like Hawaiian pizza?
I heard they found his posting alias on bigfooty - Bender_. Didn't like the rubbish he's been posting.

Don't blame clubs for passing as a result.

Does he wear a hat?

Redden is actually a really apt comparison for Hall. Hall probably has Redden for pace and just needs to work on his composure. His kicking imo is not a worry. It's not spectacular but it's not deficient. Just average for AFL level.

His kicking looked a lot worse than it was this year in the champs because he was playing in such a s**t side tbh.

Now we just need someone Sanchez to have a great preseason and dominate the first half of next year. I firmly believe he can make a very good pressure forward who works further up the ground if his body holds up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back