List Mgmt. Welcome Coby Burgiel (Pick 29, 2022 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully we've nabbed a speedster that has more than just a "set of wheels"👍

Petrucelle needs a breakout year. Between Burgeil and Long he now has two very good footballers with skills and footy IQ snapping at his heels. Not to menti9n Hewett who also can play half forward.

Go watch Burgiel's kicking. It is Rioli like in that he takes a bit of pace off the kick to allow a leading player to hit it without drilling it. Very composed kicking. His dad moved to the US chasing a punting career in football.

Without seeing him play the description of speed and disposal with an outside leaning burst game has me thinking of Chad Warner.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Hate to say it but he reminds me of Travis Colyer. 😬

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reminds me of Redden’s replacement
inception GIF

The highlights are quite impressive
Admittedly, they are highlights ,but still, looks to have speed but also a lot of footy nous and a very neat kick
Is he dual sided?

Lot to like about this kid, I have been keen that we pick him up for some time now.

There are three things that IMO make him not only a good pick up, but that should see him fit in well to an AFL system.

1. Obviously as his sprint times at the combine show, he is super quick.
2. Is an elite kick.
3. He is a one touch player with clean hands.

If we are going to transition into a fast moving game plan you need players with all of these three qualities.

Thrilled that we picked him up and as a player that has already shown that he can play on any of the three lines, half back, half forward and his best positional fit in the midfield, I think he ends up being a very damaging goal scoring wingman.

He also reads the play well and has a uncanny knack of knowing where the ball is going and thats indicative of high footy IQ.

Lot to like about this kid, I have been keen that we pick him up for some time now.

There are three things that IMO make him not only a good pick up, but that should see him fit in well to an AFL system.

1. Obviously as his sprint times at the combine show, he is super quick.
2. Is an elite kick.
3. He is a one touch player with clean hands.

If we are going to transition into a fast moving game plan you need players with all of these three qualities.

Thrilled that we picked him up and as a player that has already shown that he can play on any of the three lines, half back, half forward and his best positional fit in the midfield, I think he ends up being a very damaging goal scoring wingman.

He also reads the play well and has a uncanny knack of knowing where the ball is going and thats indicative of high footy IQ.

Nice summary and I will add a 4th quality

4 - Coby is very rarely beaten one on one ..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back