List Mgmt. Welcome Coby Burgiel (Pick 29, 2022 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Xavier O’Neill was metro wasn’t he

He was: Oakleigh Chargers, Blackburn Football Club and attended Whitefriars College in Donvale.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coby's father, Hayden, had a short stint at the Hawks in the late 90s but a bout of arthritis meant he never really got a proper go at it. Nevertheless, he (along with his brother) turned into one of the best country footballers of his generation. Hayden was the best kick of a footy I've ever seen, inside or outside of the AFL. Real laser guided stuff, always to advantage and he could kick it a loooong way.

Anyway, get around young Coby and luck in the years ahead.

Spent a few years in Blackburn - I didnt realise

My young family and I lived there for a decade, when I was doing the corporate crawl thing, wonderful place, very underrated one of Melbourne's unheralded suburbs.

All the preseason hype has gone to Ginbey and Hewett + the belated hype of Chesser. Burgiel's name has barely been mentioned. I know he isn't injured - we likely to see him at some point this year or does he require time to bulk up?

I would suggest he's a good 12 months away. Very attacking player with an amazing ball pickup and skills, lacking in size and the defensive side of the game. Club has him developing with the backs and that could very well end up being his role at AFL level as a run and gun half back with great skills. If he hits his talent ceiling however he could well be a superstar high half forward. 20 disposals and a goal + a game player. Very high impact per possession.

I would suggest he's a good 12 months away. Very attacking player with an amazing ball pickup and skills, lacking in size and the defensive side of the game. Club has him developing with the backs and that could very well end up being his role at AFL level as a run and gun half back with great skills. If he hits his talent ceiling however he could well be a superstar high half forward. 20 disposals and a goal + a game player. Very high impact per possession.

This ⬆️

Fast and skillfull, but needs some time to develop his craft in the WAFL.

He has all the footballing attributes, to slot seamlessly into the current game styles, that are being played by the better teams.

Burgiel and Chesser have all the makings of a very aggressive and skilful wing combination.
Season 9 Idk GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back