Past Darcy Cameron - traded 2019, to Collingwood for 4.4375 Craig Birds

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Darcy

ip_1820975.jpg

Looks to be able to take an overhead mark, we need that. The only other player at the Swans who can take an overhead mark in front of goal is Heeney, but too often his timing is way out.
images.jpg
This bloke goes alright.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 124
Looks to be able to take an overhead mark, we need that. The only other player at the Swans who can take an overhead mark in front of goal is Heeney, but too often his timing is way out.
What about Parker?

Isaac's timing in regards to overhead marks is as good as anyone's in the league...you don't take grabs the way he does, as often as he does, with his lack of height without brilliant timing.

Wait and see but pretty much a waste of a pick. Probably could have gotten him or a similar type in the rookie draft.
This bloke never gives up and I'll back him in. Would have ended up with a poo sandwich of a ruck if we waited for our pick in the rookie draft. Excellent move as darcy will have to likely play some games

This bloke never gives up and I'll back him in. Would have ended up with a poo sandwich of a ruck if we waited for our pick in the rookie draft. Excellent move as darcy will have to likely play some games

Agree with this. I thought taking a ruck in the ND was a waste of a pick, there would be heaps available in the rookie draft. Turns out it was an inspired decision as by the time our pick came around in the rookie draft we were down to the bare scraps. Glad he's here...

Straight swap for Nankervis, I don't think we've lost anything there as Cameron can step straight in and do a similar job to Toby.

Good selection

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big Swan pushing for pre-season opportunity

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-02-05/big-swan-darcy-cameron-pushing-for-preseason-opportunity

AFTER waiting four years for his name to be called out at the NAB AFL Draft, ruckman Darcy Cameron might get a chance early in 2017 to show his wares with Sydney.

Interrupted pre-seasons to Grand Final ruckman Sam Naismith and ruck-forward Callum Sinclair has raised the prospect of Cameron being given the opportunity to impress during the JLT Community Series.

He has trained well since joining the club with pick No.48 in the 2016 NAB AFL Draft and joined Kurt Tippett in doing most of the sessions in pre-season.

Coach John Longmire said the early signs from the 21-year-old, who played with Claremont in 2016, have been positive.

"Cameron has been really good so far," Longmire told AFL.com.au.

"He's still learning the game but he's been really good."

Competition for ruck spots will be hot in 2017 at the Swans with Tippett the only automatic selection at this stage of the season.

Looks to have a good balance between Key Forward and Ruckman. Hope he looks good in the JLT, if he does he seems a much more useful player than Sinclair already.

Think he's more of a ruckman to be honest.

But what does 'learning the game mean?' This s**t gets trotted out. He's been playing since he was a kid! His old man played for South Fremantle (but wasn't great) ffs!

Think he's more of a ruckman to be honest.

But what does 'learning the game mean?' This s**t gets trotted out. He's been playing since he was a kid! His old man played for South Fremantle (but wasn't great) ffs!

My take on that is learning the game plan.

Also I reckon with the ruck coaching in the AFL system, I mean look at what Pyke achieved, means there are probably some minor technique changes etc.... that you develop training and playing against the best

Steve Taubert coached players such as Greg Stafford, Jason Ball, Stephen Doyle, Darren Jolly, Mike Pyke, Mark Seaby and Shane Mumford.

Darcy Cameron gets some quarter-time instruction from ruck coach Steve Taubert @samnaismith35 is close by

C4SSCQ7UkAEJQND.jpg

There's a massive difference at AFL as well. So its going to be off the ball movement and making sure you don't let your opponent get goal side. Fitness aside, its almost always concentration and work rate where the big men lack when first starting.

Also learning the importance of tap placement and communication. Its not like he started 3 days ago, but going from semi-pro to pro is a massive step up. This isn't England where there's 2 pro levels before the EPL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back