Past Darcy Cameron - traded 2019, to Collingwood for 4.4375 Craig Birds

Remove this Banner Ad

Sinclair must be getting nervous.
Why? They play completely different roles.

Cameron is a competent ruckman who can reliably take a mark and have an impact up forward. Not sure what Sinclair's role is but it is not that.

Cameron has got to bulk up before he can be considered the 2nd ruckman. He was bodied easily off it in the 2nd half by Pruess, even though he held down his own in the 1st half.

I don't think he'll be involved much this year, but should be ready next season. In any case, was pretty good and kicked a well deserved goal.

Did Sinclair agree to an exclusive interview or something chumpy?
Watched him get ragged a few times and dumped in contests. Needs a bigger engine to be considered, could only play 50-60 minutes at AFL intensity.

Preuss was a big heavy body but there's plenty bigger and stronger.

Will be a good forward/ruck, certainly a lot better than Sinclair.

Watched him get ragged a few times and dumped in contests. Needs a bigger engine to be considered, could only play 50-60 minutes at AFL intensity.

Preuss was a big heavy body but there's plenty bigger and stronger.

Will be a good forward/ruck, certainly a lot better than Sinclair.

Mr Wet Blanket

I thought he looked sharp

They keep writing him up as mature age. I know he got drafted later than most AFL players but at 21 he's still super young....

Played real well. Showing so much potential, our rucks look to be in great stock now, HUGE difference on this time last year

its going to be difficult for him to break into the team as his rucking is actually not that good but his forward play is excellent. tippett, cameron and naismith in the same side is too big imo; reid or buddy would have to play on a wing. injury aside it is hard to see sinclair playing seniors this year. those making excuses for his continuing to drop marks (i.e., it was wet) failed to notice cameron clunking them in the same conditions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We can't have enough ruckmen on our list & we must remember he is a replacement for Nankervis who has suddenly become the saviour at Richmond, as they are that desperate for a win on the recruiting front. If he pushes Sinclair to 4th in line or Tippett to 3rd in line then that is only a good thing for the club going forward.
We don't get much wrong on the recruiting front & it's only early days but it seems we have recruited well once again while simultaneously managing our salary cap to fit in one of the games greatest players ever seen & building our membership levels to never before seen heights!

Even without premierships & only if he plays 6 years of his contract the recruitment of Buddy has been a win & I feel that Darcy Cameron will be a great win for us going forward!

We can't have enough ruckmen on our list & we must remember he is a replacement for Nankervis who has suddenly become the saviour at Richmond, as they are that desperate for a win on the recruiting front. If he pushes Sinclair to 4th in line or Tippett to 3rd in line then that is only a good thing for the club going forward.
We don't get much wrong on the recruiting front & it's only early days but it seems we have recruited well once again while simultaneously managing our salary cap to fit in one of the games greatest players ever seen & building our membership levels to never before seen heights!

Even without premierships & only if he plays 6 years of his contract the recruitment of Buddy has been a win & I feel that Darcy Cameron will be a great win for us going forward!
Certainly ups the pressure on Tippett because it means he is no longer irreplaceable.

I rate him but I don't see room for him with Naismith and Tippett, and then Buddy and Reid. He's been just about our best performer this pre-season out of the new kids and the rest of the younger players but none have really put their hand up yet
Although it looks like we are going to have a very tall forward line this year. Maybe this is the lesson learned from last season. WB have a very short aging backline and GWS are not particularly tall in the backline. Davis is their really only tall good defender. One of their tall defenders retired this season. Cant remember his name and cant be arsed checking. Reid will probably be pushed up the ground from half forward to the wing as a marking link man. So we could have three of them in the forward line at any time with Reid as a very mobile marking half forward link. Cameron has the surest marking hands for a tall we we have seen in the club for many years. He could be a real weapon on the forward line especially against the small defences, especially WB and GWS.

Although it looks like we are going to have a very tall forward line this year. Maybe this is the lesson learned from last season. WB have a very short aging backline and GWS are not particularly tall in the backline. Davis is their really only tall good defender. One of their tall defenders retired this season. Cant remember his name and cant be arsed checking. Reid will probably be pushed up the ground from half forward to the wing as a marking link man. So we could have three of them in the forward line at any time with Reid as a very mobile marking half forward link. Cameron has the surest marking hands for a tall we we have seen in the club for many years. He could be a real weapon on the forward line especially against the small defences, especially WB and GWS.

I see what you're saying but we've proven we just can't do tall forward lines. We actually looked more dynamic last year with just Buddy, XR being the decoy and a rotation of crumbers. We lost to the Bulldogs because of the individuals we had, not so much because of structures. Too many passengers. I just worry if we go too tall we'll revert back to the long bombs inside 50 rather than lowering our eyes and being smarter like we were last season. But I can see the benefits of having Cameron plucking a few in the goal square

We are already to slow
Depends on who plays with a three talls forward line. If we had Cameron, Tippet and Franklin on the forward line with Papley and Jack as small crumbing defensive run down forwards and Reid playing up the ground as a mobile strong marking link man, that is a forward line very hard to match up on with most back lines in the comp, particularly the small GWS and WB backlines. Even though it was a pre-season game and in the wet, the three talls up front caused real problems for GWS. It also puts more pressure on Mumford to stay back. Mumford's marking and his defensive efforts are not his strength. WB have no real strength in the ruck and are under-sized. Rohan should play off the half back line to give us real pace and to break the lines. We need a re-structured forward line to beat the two teams that beat us last year. In the three critical games against GWS and WB last season we scored 11, 9 and 10 goals. Its not just about more pace around the ground.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back