Coach Don Pyke - over to the Eagles as new CEO

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully he's got enough of an itch to pursue a flag with this group. He doesn't sound absolutely desperate to be a head coach again but open to it if the situation is ideal. I'd wager the president/board drama at Collingwood might count against them in that regard - here's hoping anyway.

Bugger. Best of luck to him if he decides to go again. But gawd dammit, his influence has been felt throughout this year and I was hoping he'd see us through to another GF.
He's a very smart man and keeping his options open. If he decides he wants the job, he'll get it and he'll go with our blessing. Never stand in the way of someone bettering themselves. If he decides to stay, we all breathe a big sigh of relief.

Piss off Collingwood.
The last 4 Collingwood coaches have been big names in the league or at the club with Leigh Matthew’s, Shaw, Malthouse and Buckley. Pies seem to attract a big name to coach them. Would be a change in thinking for the Pies to go for someone with a lower profile.

I’m happy for him if that’s the path he wants to go but remember if he thinks the pressure he felt at Adelaide was bad Collingwood will dwarf that in the first week.

I can't remember which of the journos reported it but the other day I saw one of them had reported Collingwood had narrowed it down to four options: Michael Voss, Adam Yze, Adam Kingsley and Brad Scott.

If that's true then maybe Pyke has already rejected Collingwood? Or it could be a load of BS and they haven't settled on anyone yet.

I can't remember which of the journos reported it but the other day I saw one of them had reported Collingwood had narrowed it down to four options: Michael Voss, Adam Yze, Adam Kingsley and Brad Scott.

If that's true then maybe Pyke has already rejected Collingwood? Or it could be a load of BS and they haven't settled on anyone yet.
Pies board seem to think it's down to Kingsley, Scott and Pyke with Scott as the front runner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please please please pick Brad Scott

I come in peace to visit the Swans board in Derby week.

May I ask two dumb qus.

Is it the expectation of Swans members that Pyke is Horse’s successor as your HC?

And is that succession any time soon?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I come in peace to visit the Swans board in Derby week.

May I ask two dumb qus.

Is it the expectation of Swans members that Pyke is Horse’s successor as your HC?

And is that succession any time soon?

No probs.

Most of the talk that I've seen on here is that Cox is our next man, and that Pyke is here to help the transition/teach what he knows.

I assume that Pyke will eventually find a job somewhere else.

Unless the Swans have been more impressed than they thought and want to make Pyke the next successor, which is possible, but Horse is contracted until the end of 2023 from memory, so he would have to wait until then if he was the successor.

My opinion? Pyke finds a new head coaching role in 2-3 years and Cox takes over at the swans.

No probs.

Most of the talk that I've seen on here is that Cox is our next man, and that Pyke is here to help the transition/teach what he knows.

Unless the Swans have been more impressed than they thought and want to make Pyke the next successor, which is possible, but Horse is contracted until the end of 2023 from memory, so he would have to wait until then if he was the successor.

My opinion? Pyke finds a new head coaching role in 2-3 years and Cox takes over at the swans.

Horse as likely as not to have a Sheedy/Bellamy type tenure.

No probs.

Cheers Kapers - make sense.

Whatever happens this weekend, let’s hope the 2021 flag is coming to NSW.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back