Player Watch Tom Doedee - Departed for Brisbane, End of 1st Round FA Compensation

Remove this Banner Ad

You know what. you are spot on. I think the club will experience a mass walkout of supporters once Gov and Sloane leave. you can't keep hoping for the best and then get delivered the worst. I don't see any future for a club who keeps bleeding talent like the AFC does especially when you consider the disadvantages a non Vic club faces in this comp.

The days of blind, life long support of the Panthers and Glenelg are over. our free time is too precious.

anyhow, I totally agree with you, time for a holiday.
The only noticeable player that left was Dangerfield (and Sloane if he choose to). Lever, Cameron, Tippett, Davis, Gunston and McGovern (if he choose to) all have potential when they left so it's their new club that developed them into the player they will/have become. Bock was nearing the end, Stenglein and Mattner were best 22 players but not in the best 18.
But thank god the Crows are such a strong club that they can develop players to replace the ones that left, look at Sloane after Dangerfield left, Doedee after Lever, Milera is looking good after Cameron left, Jenkins after Tippett......but I agree, they need to start signing up the interstate potential youngsters in Doedee and Gallucci.

Last edited:

At about $850k/year
You are kidding!!!! That's close to what Lever wanted and is what Walker (the captain!!!!) is on......it will more likely $600K(i.e. similar to what B.Crouch and M.Crouch got after their breakout year), he has only one good year......other clubs might up it to $700K to lure him so he will need to decide what $100K is worth to him after tax.

The only noticeable player that left was Dangerfield (and Sloane if he choose to). Lever, Cameron, Tippett, Davis, Gunston and McGovern (if he choose to) all have potential when they left so it's their new club that developed them in the player they will/have become. Bock was nearing the end, Stenglein and Mattner were best 22 players but not in the best 18.
But thank god the Crows are such a strong club that they can develop players to replace the ones that left, look at Sloane after Dangerfield left, Doedee after Lever, Milera is looking good after Cameron left, Jenkins after Tippett......but I agree, they need to start signing up the interstate potential youngsters in Doedee and Gallucci.

Agree with this. But in the case of Sloane, and the recent contracts of Lynch and Douglas, it was actually in our best interest to move them on in exchange for draft picks. There is nothing wrong with our approach to drafting best available Victorians imo. But SA players are cheaper and this draft has thrown up 4 very good ones that we really should have been proactive in trying to secure 3 or 4 of them.

Really Danger was the only one that hurt. The others were all understandable. Danger going home to get better media opportunities and off field compensation is a slap in the face to our main disadvantage.

You guys are nutters, you really are. You don't even have a basic feel for how this game works

Last edited:
Agree with this. But in the case of Sloane, and the recent contracts of Lynch and Douglas, it was actually in our best interest to move them on in exchange for draft picks. There is nothing wrong with our approach to drafting best available Victorians imo. But SA players are cheaper and this draft has thrown up 4 very good ones that we really should have been proactive in trying to secure 3 or 4 of them.

Really Danger was the only one that hurt. The others were all understandable. Danger going home to get better media opportunities and off field compensation is a slap in the face to our main disadvantage.
I think only if Sloane wants to leave, if not, then he can't be traded by the club and most recruiters have 2 SA kids in the top 5 and the other 2 in the top 10 so either way, the Crows will be able to select 2 good SA kids whether Sloane leaves or not.

You are kidding!!!! That's close to what Lever wanted and is what Walker (the captain!!!!) is on......it will more likely $600K(i.e. similar to what B.Crouch and M.Crouch got after their breakout year), he has only one good year......other clubs might up it to $700K to lure him so he will need to decide what $100K is worth to him after tax.
I think you missed the joke

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You mean Sam Kerridge???? Wright was delisted as we had too much same players, Curnow wasn't good when we tried him as a rookie (maybe him returning home made him develop into the player he is), Kerridge also too much same players.

yeah, that's right. Sam Kerrigan.

This kid is going to be one hell of a footballer. Abit of the Rodney Maynard about him. Unassuming, a good guy but one hell of a courageous, tough and skillful footballer. Whatever he wants for his next contract we should just double it.

I’m teally not being a negative Nancy but my feeling on this young lad is that we will lose him to Geelong. Bloke loves the place and can see him going home like danger.

I’m teally not being a negative Nancy but my feeling on this young lad is that we will lose him to Geelong. Bloke loves the place and can see him going home like danger.

As long as we can hold onto him for 6-10 years, or if we get a pretty high price for him; i'm not too fussed.

Whilst i'm very happy for Doedee and he should end up around AA caliber, he is very easily replaced. by virtue of the position. Thankfully unlike Lever he may never get the same level of attention both due to that and he'll get to the maximum earning that position has by his next contract here.

You know what. you are spot on. I think the club will experience a mass walkout of supporters once Gov and Sloane leave. you can't keep hoping for the best and then get delivered the worst. I don't see any future for a club who keeps bleeding talent like the AFC does especially when you consider the disadvantages a non Vic club faces in this comp.

The days of blind, life long support of the Panthers and Glenelg are over. our free time is too precious.

anyhow, I totally agree with you, time for a holiday.

Bye bye

This kid is going to be one hell of a footballer. Abit of the Rodney Maynard about him. Unassuming, a good guy but one hell of a courageous, tough and skillful footballer. Whatever he wants for his next contract we should just double it.

Not one bit of Rodney Maynard for me

Remove this Banner Ad

Back