Player Watch Tom Doedee - Departed for Brisbane, End of 1st Round FA Compensation

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Mate, you're pretty naive if you think a persons character isn't a factor in re-contracting with a club. And by character, I mean placing an importance and emphasis on things like mateship, loyalty and commitment.

It's would never be the sole factor for any player, and it doesn't mean as much these days as it used to (think Garry McIntosh etc..), but it's still very much a thing in determining if players stick with the club.
It's a factor, but much lower on the list.

You only have to look at how the big signings play out. They either leave for more cash or sign with their club for almost as much. Thats the loyalty. ''Ok Ill stay, for a bit less than the godfather offer I have on the table''. Like Dusty. Thats all fair enough too.

I bang on about Sloane a bit, and I'll have to do it again. He'd be the poster child for the traits you mentioned. Yet he was very open and honest about needing to get paid in what would be his last significant contract. He said on 5AA its about looking after number 1. Almost word for word. Fair enough too. Then coming off a year where he struggled with a tag, then had a bad foot injury, he re-signs. For 4 million dollars.

It's big business. The cash gives them more life choices beyond footy for them and their family. Of course its the major factor.

azza77

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 21, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Minnesota Vikings, Manchester Utd
That’s extreme, not that there is anything wrong with that.

Just have way too much love for the bloke. Call it bromance or whatever you want to. But his footballing ability, the way he goes about it and...
29595499_163230564394212_7401926800920256464_n.jpg

Sep 8, 2008
argentina
AFL Club
Adelaide
Like x 1000000

FFS every year the same nellies, sky is falling, sky is falling! Its our recruiters stupid! They consistently perform well. 3 months later after pre-season said nellies will warm a bit, then 18 months later they'll be confident and then 26 months later they'll be jizzing continuously over him. Book mark it.

How crazy do you think they are? Didn't happen to notice burton was still there? Don't think so. Just happens to be that we rate this dude with a tonne of upside that can be added on by development. We can see what he will be, not what he is.....
Nostradamus!

Excellent. The kid is a star. Love to see the club getting on the front foot with signing up young talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 20, 2015
In a Galaxy Far, Far Away
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
But but everyone wants to leave
:thumbsu:
Everyone that we wanted to keep this year re-signed. The only one that wants to leave is contracted. Good work by the list mgt team, and pumped to hear the dude has extended till the end of 2021

Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Legs, Wests Tigers
http://www.afc.com.au/news/2018-09-25/doedee-signs-on

2 more. Now signed until 2021

Lefts then hope for many more after that.
Friggin awesome. Already one of my faves.

Can't see him having second year blues either - one upside of not rushing him into the A's when he was first recruited.

For all of the talk of culture, morale etc.., this kid is one of the hottest young prospects in the comp, and he's chosen to extend with us again. Not insignificant.

Apr 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
T.Swift Huddersfield Town AUFC
Plan to get a #39 gurnsey for next season... hope he doesn't change his number.

This kid is a gun, can't believe how well he played in his first season as a best 22 player.

Back