Player Watch Tom Doedee - Departed for Brisbane, End of 1st Round FA Compensation

Remove this Banner Ad

Can everyone please read the first page of this thread to see how it is possible to be immortalized on draft night...
Gives us a clue as to who will melt tonight thinking they know better than Hamish...

Talking of which I see marty36 has once again refused to give his predictions before the draft...

Most of the discussion about this pick was not so much whether or not he was a dud (yeah there was some of that) mostly it was about was he worth pick 17. I wonder if it had been under the rules we had this year whether we would have looked to trade back down the draft and taken him in the 20s?

I'm not sure phantom drafts are a source of accurate information that should be used to discredit a recruiting team.

Phantom drafts are recycled information from people who wouldn't know, that converge towards the end when leaks from clubs become stronger

The real message is how little a phantom draft is worth.

No one had heard of himmelberg until a couple of days ago either

This chaps seems to get it

Most of the discussion about this pick was not so much whether or not he was a dud (yeah there was some of that) mostly it was about was he worth pick 17. I wonder if it had been under the rules we had this year whether we would have looked to trade back down the draft and taken him in the 20s?

We've seen now that Tom was a good pickup and we're told our recruiting team voted unanimously to draft him. As much as we like to pat them on the back, it's incredibly unlikely that all of our recruiters were able to see what a talent he was and other clubs weren't. There's no knowing that he wouldn't have been taken with the very next pick if we traded back to where the phantom drafters saw him going.

We've seen now that Tom was a good pickup and we're told our recruiting team voted unanimously to draft him. As much as we like to pat them on the back, it's incredibly unlikely that all of our recruiters were able to see what a talent he was and other clubs weren't. There's no knowing that he wouldn't have been taken with the very next pick if we traded back to where the phantom drafters saw him going.

It's quite possible that others wanted him, but in all likelihood he was a 30-undrafted kid. We took a risk, and it's already paid off in a rather big way.

That's why it is interesting to ask - would we have done it. We had choice on the night if he was our guy, we had to take him then - we had no more picks. But if live trading was available....

It's quite possible that others wanted him, but in all likelihood he was a 30-undrafted kid. We took a risk, and it's already paid off in a rather big way.

We didnt take a risk. A risk would be hoping he slipped to a hypothetical lower draft pick and maybe missing out on a elite defender.

Yeah no one look at my post on page 2 please :/
Haha lucky I stayed out of this discussion early on, just went through the first 10 pages and you have nothing to worry about compared with a couple of others....one in particular poster was in full lindy melt down and then some. And it wasn't Marty! :fire:

No we didn't. We got to our draft pick and he was the highest ranked available player in our order of talent. A risk would have been trading down and hoping he was still there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gives us a clue as to who will melt tonight thinking they know better than Hamish...

Talking of which I see marty36 has once again refused to give his predictions before the draft...
I'd go quiet too if I had predicted Jonty Scharenberg to get picked in the first round. Where did he end up again?

Ah yes, Glenelg.

There is no basis for declaring that a likelihood

There was no one in the draft we wanted more at that point of the order

Hindsight shows there was no one we should have wanted more.

We got it right. Just because a few know nothing amateurs guessers didn’t, imparts no insight on what the professionals thought

He wont play 300 games.
You think he will?
Do you know what % of players play 300 games?
I guess not.
That’s a pathetic “form over substance” reply. The basis of your posts was Crows ***** up drafting The Dude. You were wrong. Blatantly wrong and have been owned in this thread. Time to slip away quietly.

That’s a pathetic “form over substance” reply. The basis of your posts was Crows ***** up drafting The Dude. You were wrong. Blatantly wrong and have been owned in this thread. Time to slip away quietly.
I dont have a problem saying Doedee hasnt turned out good. Said it how many times.
Someone quoted a post where I said he wouldnt play 300 games. I replied to it with a fact that he is highly unlikely to play 300.
You then reply to my reply, without adding a retort just a stupid comment. Careful not to put yourself in with Sanders. Its pretty lonely in his mums basement.

I dont have a problem saying Doedee hasnt turned out good. Said it how many times.
Someone quoted a post where I said he wouldnt play 300 games. I replied to it with a fact that he is highly unlikely to play 300.
You then reply to my reply, without adding a retort just a stupid comment. Careful not to put yourself in with Sanders. Its pretty lonely in his mums basement.
I don’t think there’s time for Doedee to play 300 games. He need to be 50 games further ahead by now. 250 isn’t out of the question.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back