Welcome Welcome/Farewell Paul Haasbroek?

Remove this Banner Ad

Paul Haasbroek
Height: 174cm
Weight: 67kg
D.O.B: 18-12-2002
Leagues: NAB League Boys

Hawthorn pulled a small surprise in nominating Paul Haasbroek as a Next Generation Academy (NGA) candidate, providing another club-tied talent after recent academy and father-son coups. The Eastern Ranges small played six NAB League games in his 19-year-old campaign, utilised mostly as a small forward but also rolling up to the wing.

A speedy athlete, Haasbroek showcased that exact trait with his forward run-and-carry in 2021, as well as useful tackling pressure. His best performances this year came in back-to-back NAB League outings, booting two goals from 11 disposals against Tasmania and Western. He finished well on those occasions, but can iron out his consistency and rate of production as he develops.

STRENGTHS:
+ Speed
+ Forward pressure
+ Run-and-carry
+ Upside

IMPROVEMENTS:
- Production
- Kick consistency

Well apparently his addition to the Cat B list is automatic (once nominated and not drafted). So yeah, welcome!

Weird the club is silent on him though.

Well apparently his addition to the Cat B list is automatic (once nominated and not drafted). So yeah, welcome!

Also weird I've checked about 4 AFL related lists and there's no mention of him. One has us as pick 23, another as pick 22, than another saying we passed, then another list on the AFL website where they list the Category B picks and no mention of him. As you said, best I wait until round 1 and see who runs out. :)

Also, where does Jackson Callow fit in with all this? I'm totally confused.

Last edited:

Cal closed out the rookie draft by saying clubs would announce their Catb rookies over the coming hours.

Rookie Me Central has now recanted... he not coming. :(

Rookie Me Central

@RookieMeCentral

Replying to
@HawkTalkPod
We’ve since spoken to the club and have to apologise for the mistake, it seems he hasn’t been added. We’ll review any rule changes that might have happened as that was certainly the rule prior (as pointed out with Pepper and CJ) but good to know there is more versatility there.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back