List Mgmt. Welcome Harley Reid (Pick 1, 2023 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Genuinely don’t understand why people are flipping out over the decision tbh. Clubs manage first year players usually. In harley’s case he’s been thrusted right into the guts and not only dominated but has played extremely physically as well. Rather manage him bow that him picking up a mid to long term injury

The West blanked their back page saying no Harley no back page. REALLY?
I think that was worse than plastering his picture there. Just “icky”
Not as bad as this s**t.

IMG_5555.jpeg

Add a few comments from a few idiots off X and you have yourself a story!!!

Don’t think I’d ever visited the WCE board until Harley. Who doesn’t love Harley and I have bought deep into Harley mania. I genuinely wish the Hawks had tanked for him and naysayers be damned. Has anyone discussed any comparison to Michael Voss yet? Voss was a bull and I don’t think anyone has ever extracted the ball from the breakdown (excuse rugby terminology) better than Voss. He laid on the most ferocious tackles & shirtfronts and had the most prodigious handballs and kicks. I see Harley in this same mould and better yet, Harley can fly!

Last edited:
i can’t really think of many bar cripps but is me or are most of the big bodied that are +193cm not really physical beast as such. To me it’s all the guys around 190cm or under the ones that the most physical in the way they go about it. I remember a couple comments of people saying Harley might not be big enough to be classified as a big bodied mid for the modern game but they way he goes about now tells me he’d easily be able to play the same way as his career progresses.

i can’t really think of many bar cripps but is me or are most of the big bodied that are +193cm not really physical beast as such. To me it’s all the guys around 190cm or under the ones that the most physical in the way they go about it. I remember a couple comments of people saying Harley might not be big enough to be classified as a big bodied mid for the modern game but they way he goes about now tells me he’d easily be able to play the same way as his career progresses.
Reid is similar height(sub 190cm) to Petracca, Oliver, Yeo, and DeGoey

Thanks for the insight it's great having you on the board Retiredbattler

I hope it gets easier over time and doesn't become too much for him. I couldn't stand the fame or attention. I'd just want to be left alone.

Remember Harley signed with Nike before he was even drafted.

We've been informed by people who know him back home that he loves the attention and is enjoying it in WA.

He's an extrovert who enjoys the limelight and seems pretty laid back.

Thats not to say he wont get annoyed at some point or have a bad experience with the media. But that will follow him wherever he plays.

The break is fine. Going back home I initially thought was OTT and somewhat unfair on other players. However the hype and media attention has been ridiculous and never seen before. Hopefully he has headed home with a contract extension offer to run through with his uncle and parents. That would make alot of sense. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not as bad as this s**t.

View attachment 1971783

Add a few comments from a few idiots off X and you have yourself a story!!!
If you look at the Facebook comments on that post, it actually has 99% of people saying they have no problem with it. news.com.au just hates the AFL because they are a Sydney publication, so the only time they publish anything about the AFL is to s**t on it.

If you look at the Facebook comments on that post, it actually has 99% of people saying they have no problem with it. news.com.au just hates the AFL because they are a Sydney publication, so the only time they publish anything about the AFL is to s**t on it.
This is true. A few years ago I responded to a survey they did bagging out their AFL coverage, especially when they have 3 or 4 rugby stories a day. They responded, justifying their stance by saying they were Sydney based. Arseho1es.

Visits home are pretty common for our draftees I reckon. I can think of a number of occasions we took along a young draftee as a non playing emergency so that they can head home for the weekend. Reid is never going to have that opportunity so this is his chance.
Good move by the club. Family, friends, the rest follows.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back