List Mgmt. Welcome Harvey Johnston (Pick 49, 2023 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

You have to love his enthusiasm if nothing else, looking forward to his progress.

I actually reckon he speaks better than all the other draftees, Harley included.

Yeah nar ;)

He does speak well and its always nice to see a kid so genuinely happy and excited to be drafted.

When you get to the very back end of the draft and your name hasn't been called out you, would be getting super nervous, so pick 59 out of 64, you would imagine the pure elation to finally hear your name read out.

Yeah nar ;)

He does speak well and its always nice to see a kid so genuinely happy and excited to be drafted.

When you get to the very back end of the draft and your name hasn't been called out you, would be getting super nervous, so pick 59 out of 64, you would imagine the pure elation to finally hear your name read out.

*49 fat thumbs

We're not drafting for the debate team you nerd.
Debates are not just for nerds:
tumblr_mf47nxnHiq1rcho6go1_500.gif

I'm really liking this selections

Good use on both sides of the body and the kids wants to move the ball forward with every disposal

Not sure how Gaff and Sheed feel about this 😆

Good post.

For me inclusions of Johnston, Hall, Harley and Rawlinson, on the back of Long ,Hewett and Burgiel starts putting some serious heat on both Sheed and Gaff.
IMO Hall is an instant threat to them both righ as of this very minute.

Also the irony of your post complimenting Johnston dual sidedness, as Sheed in particular would not be cognisant of this notion.
When I first watched Harvey I thought he was a leftie, it wasn't until he had a set shot that I realised that he was a right footer.
The skillset to be efficient on either side is an attribute that is, IMO, severly undervalued.

Last edited:
Good post.

For me inclusions of Johnston, Hall, Harley and Rawlinson, on the back of Long ,Hewett and Burgiel starts putting some serious heat on both Sheed and Gaff.
IMO Hall is an instant threat to them both righ as of this very minute.

Also the irony of your post complimenting Johnston dual sidedness, as Sheed in particular would not be cognisant of this notion.
When I first watched Harvey I thought he was a leftie, it wasn't until he had a set shot that I realised that he was a right footer.
The skillset to be efficient on either side is an attribute that is, IMO, severly undervalued.

As much as I’d love that, I just don’t see it happening this year or next with Sheed.

Of all the guys that have a full line of credit he’s the one

As much as I’d love that, I just don’t see it happening this year or next with Sheed.

Of all the guys that have a full line of credit he’s the one
Well this will end Simmo time

If he wants to survive post 2024

A - We need to be competive every may and win 6 games

B - No more credits

If we're getting belted and playing Sheed, Gaff, Cole over the young crew (esp if they have good numbers in WAFL). It will be bye bye Simmo

Well this will end Simmo time

If he wants to survive post 2024

A - We need to be competive every may and win 6 games

B - No more credits

If we're getting belted and playing Sheed, Gaff, Cole over the young crew (esp if they have good numbers in WAFL). It will be bye bye Simmo
Please don't add Tom Cole into the same group as Sheed an Gaff.

Has missed so much Football the last two years, but everytime he has played he makes us better. Can lock down and provide drive from the back half and is at an age where we don't have much quality as it is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please don't add Tom Cole into the same group as Sheed an Gaff.

Has missed so much Football the last two years, but everytime he has played he makes us better. Can lock down and provide drive from the back half and is at an age where we don't have much quality as it is.
Disagree on his lock down ability leaks goals against quick small backman they always show him up.

Been an issue since Wirra was in his prime. Still have nightmares of small forwards running away from Adam Selwood.
True.

Time and time again even average small forwards rip us to bits. Have done for years.

Hell, even Brandon Matera kicked 3 in a quarter I think it was.

Who was that speedy bloke at Port in the mid 00s who used to cut us up every time but did squat (if even selected) the rest of the time? Felt like he extended his career a few years just because we were his bunny team.

Who was that speedy bloke at Port in the mid 00s who used to cut us up every time but did squat (if even selected) the rest of the time? Felt like he extended his career a few years just because we were his bunny team.

Jason Davenport

Check out his nickname:

* that dude.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back