Toast Welcome home Bryce

Remove this Banner Ad

In the short term, I really do feel we could not fill the void that he would've left. Long term, they were offering us nothing either. A win in my book. Now let's get Gibbs, Cripps & Murphy on the park fit and healthy please!

Anyway...

Bryce, you are a star, a Carlton champion and I for one could not be happier that you're staying...

Love it when people are happy! Good on ya TheCoach16 ! He's back.

how? leadership, no. salary cap relief, no. giving a spot to a talented kid, no. winning a premiership in the next three years, no.

FFS settle down. You don't get rid of your best players when most of the squad are made up of talented but unproven kids and average players. I don't know if you've ever played competitive sport but getting rid of the best player in an average to poor team just brings that team even further down. Players like Gibbs need to be there to help develop the next crop of hopefully future stars

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

FFS settle down. You don't get rid of your best players when most of the squad are made up of talented but unproven kids and average players. I don't know if you've ever played competitive sport but getting rid of the best player in an average to poor team just brings that team even further down. Players like Gibbs need to be there to help develop the next crop of hopefully future stars

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

sometimes you have to go back to move forward. he doesnt want to be there. since you support liverpool i find it hard to take you seriously. this isn't soccer. you need to trade to get better not just buy players

sometimes you have to go back to move forward. he doesnt want to be there. since you support liverpool i find it hard to take you seriously. this isn't soccer. you need to trade to get better not just buy players
If the club thought getting rid of Gibbs would've been the best for the Carlton Football Club they would've shopped him around. The club wants Gibbs and I'd rather put my trust in SOS and his team than some amateur football list manager nuff nuff on BF

How is everyone angry at Adelaide but welcoming Bryce back with open arms.

This is like your best mate sleeping with your ex girlfriend and only being angry at your Ex.

Gibbs had just as much to do with wanting the trade to Adelaide as anyone. He blindsided the club. Now he has the audacity to be seething with us?

Can't wait to ship him off next year.

Amen!
I'm with you brother but I'd reckon we're stuck with him now.
I hope that the club can recover quickly....and don't think that there is no fallout and that everything will be roses
I've expressed my feelings from the start of this mess and Gibbs is tainted now.
If the AFL were solid citizens (which they are not) there would be an investigation into this shizen.

Go Blues despite Gibbs!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think this could be the making of Bryce. I presume he was the kid at school that was the best at everything, never had to try was born with heaps of talent, dad was probably the best at his school as well. Hence has been given everything including as we know pick 1.

Now reaching the age of 27 he hasn't been given what he wants probably for the first time a big decision hasn't gone his way. Yes Bryce it happens not everything goes your way. This in a convuluted way will help him be harder and more mature heck he is now an adult and things dont go your way unless you bust a gut, lets hope he bust a gut to get things going Carltons way.

Gibbs is also a Professional and should have considered it a commitment when he signed on for the lucrative long term deal. If I went to my Bank, signed a 25 year mortgage then 2/3 of the way through told them my circumstances had changed so I was switching lenders and the new bank would only be paying them back for 1/2 of what I owed, do you think they would be happy to let me off because of my 'personal circumstances'. no I don't either.
By the way if you need a new bank I'm a Finance Broker...lol

Looking forward... I reckon Gibbs is going to be worth around the same or more than what AFC offered us today.... So we save face, get to keep Gibbs and trade him for at least a round 1 pick at the end of 2017.

Just did a quick bit of photoshopping.
Looks good in Navy.

GIBBS%20%20Bryce.png
Next year's photo will go from an awkward half smile to an upside down frown and streaming tears.

Pick 13 was never going to be enough to satisfy - Adelaide knew this, had two weeks to compromise, re-evaluate and put together a trade that would be congenial to both parties.

We are a much stronger team with Bryce in it and we will continue to surprise next year. Add Brodie and Pickett to that midfield group and we become very dangerous.

Just got home from concreting the driveway on another house so forgive me if I haven't read the last 5 pages ......

Some people said that if the trade fell though, Gibbs time at CFC would be pretty much untenable. MS3 said it was doable if the trade fell through. I like to think that BG is professional enough to overcome this hurdle in "going home" and play some spirited, decent footy for CFC.

I would also like to think that given he requested a trade, that CFC, will, within its powers do everything to support BG and his missus and family. To the extent that he may:

- Start pre season later.
- Get rested more often to attend any family functions back in Adelaide. (Its a 2 hour flight or 10 at MOST by car.)
- Offer the missus any support she may need, in the way of baby sitters, time out (girlie days), PI's .... (God hoping that rumour is NOT correct).
- Maybe even a job to get out of the house and stop her going stir crazy.

Just thoughts......

I for one am rapt BG is staying put for the time being.

On another note, I'm 100% sure Ross knows the rigours of footy, and whilst I also am sure he would love his son home, Ross will give him the guidance required to work through being away from home with a young family.

GO GIBBS 2017!

TheCoach16 ...... you should have a hard on....

Some may argue it sets back our rebuild, but what does it say to the players about our stance as a club on contracts? What does it say to other clubs about coming after our players? What does it say about what we expect if you do? We just laid out the standard of expectations when dealing with Carlton.

Unless you nut up ... **** off!

Last edited by a moderator:
Without being too melodramatic, It's undermined my faith in the club.

I fail to see the value in retaining a senior player (with good trade value) who doesn't want to be at the club when we are rebuilding both our culture and our list.

This was our Hawthorn moment (Croad for Hodge) and we blew it.

I cant help but shake the feeling I just witnessed our club ruin this rebuild, and destroy our chance at landing 17 with this list.
Huh? Hodge was #1 pick. Best Adel were offering was pick 13...

Dogs got Tom Boyd and pick 6 for Griffin when he wanted out while under contract.

Adel were dreaming.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back