Toast Welcome Home Lenny!

Remove this Banner Ad

So you seem to think Ratts as a head coach is just a figure head. He is ultimately responsible for coaching/game plan/performance of the team. Otherwise, we might as well not have a head coach.
No, the head coach of modern football teams are more like general administrators then your concept of your auskick coach. The claim that the head coach is personally responsible for a poster's idea of being hampered is ******* laughable and extremely out of touch. Par for parcel in this forum though.
Ratten is head coach, he is responsible for everything
You're a far smarter poster then this garbage response Mowman.

No, the head coach of modern football teams are more like general administrators then your concept of your auskick coach. The claim that the head coach is personally responsible for a poster's idea of being hampered is ******* laughable and extremely out of touch. Par for parcel in this forum though.

You're a far smarter poster then this garbage response Mowman.
Who handles the transition from the backline, though the mids and into the forwards? Is that Rath or whatever the spud's name is?
We desperately need a forwards coach. Plenty of talent forward of centre and completely disfunctional

Who handles the transition from the backline, though the mids and into the forwards? Is that Rath or whatever the spud's name is?
We desperately need a forwards coach. Plenty of talent forward of centre and completely disfunctional

Lade I think.

let's pray he gets the arse then

But he's a top bloke who loves a beer and a relax. Someone suggested that Lethlean has surrounded himself with idiots to keep an underclass of unquestioning minions in the positions below him that might challenge his authority. I reckon if you wanted a jolly minion you couldn't find many better.

But he's a top bloke who loves a beer and a relax. Someone suggested that Lethlean has surrounded himself with idiots to keep an underclass of unquestioning minions in the positions below him that might challenge his authority. I reckon if you wanted a jolly minion you couldn't find many better.
I'd find that very hard to believe. At the end of the day, if we don't succeed it'll also be Lethlean's job on the line.
Why would he set himself up to fail?

94rRu4FTC9M8NpzwVY3FT6-320-80.jpeg

I'd find that very hard to believe. At the end of the day, if we don't succeed it'll also be Lethlean's job on the line.

Vkzr2h2.gif

Someone on here suggested that someone that's known him for a long time said he surrounded himself with unchallenging types because he has a ego issues. Can't remember who posted it.

Someone on here suggested that someone that's known him for a long time said he surrounded himself with unchallenging types because he has a ego issues. Can't remember who posted it.

They might have been talking about female staff members.

Someone and someone … so I guess that makes it a fact then. So much posted on here is pure speculation from “someone’s” aunty’s brother’s friend.

Anybody who’s had any success in business would say that the way to do it is to surround yourself with very good people. Especially if you will be the one in the firing line if it all goes belly up.

Someone and someone … so I guess that makes it a fact then. So much posted on here is pure speculation from “someone’s” aunty’s brother’s friend.

Anybody who’s had any success in business would say that the way to do it is to surround yourself with very good people. Especially if you will be the one in the firing line if it all goes belly up.
I'm being a bit cagey, I actually got a PM from a poster who I trust who seemed to have a very close link. He's mentioned it on the forum before as well but just in case he doesn't want it traced back to him, I won't mention names. Sounded legit, this person was very critical of Lethlean and seemed very well acquainted with him.

You can also cover your own incompetence better.

Gringo!!! we've failed miserably , what is your suggestion. Sack the coach and promote the trainee receptionist? That was my thoughts exactly. Spaceman...get right on it. ( Phew i wasn't sure what we should do ).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm being a bit cagey, I actually got a PM from a poster who I trust who seemed to have a very close link. He's mentioned it on the forum before as well but just in case he doesn't want it traced back to him, I won't mention names. Sounded legit, this person was very critical of Lethlean and seemed very well acquainted with him.
I'd suggest Lethers is the same as the rest of his ilk, forward focused and self serving to the end. Normally do good work whilst they're there but never stay long enough to attract accusations of failure. It was always gonna be the case, we just got to hope he fills the voids with good staff before he moves to the next gig.

I'd suggest Lethers is the same as the rest of his ilk, forward focused and self serving to the end. Normally do good work whilst they're there but never stay long enough to attract accusations of failure. It was always gonna be the case, we just got to hope he fills the voids with good staff before he moves to the next gig.
What say he stays with us as long as Finnis?
I would argue that it’s quite easy to measure whether Finnis has been a successful CEO. Industry best practice in business growth (as measured by membership), Peer best practice in asset growth and financial performance (as measured by the various financial ratios), Club stability (as measured by directorship stability over the period), creation of a stronger business model, and a host of other measures. Yet that’s hard to reconcile with the team’s performance over his tenure.

But what measurements will Lethlean be judged?
Team performance. Yes.
Yet that alone isn’t sufficient.
You can be a damned good CEO yet not win a premiership.
There’s a host of them in the AFL right now.

I don’t have an answer for this by the way, just thinking ahead.

I would argue that it’s quite easy to measure whether Finnis has been a successful CEO. Industry best practice in business growth (as measured by membership), Peer best practice in asset growth and financial performance (as measured by the various financial ratios), Club stability (as measured by directorship stability over the period), creation of a stronger business model, and a host of other measures. Yet that’s hard to reconcile with the team’s performance over his tenure.

Team performance. Yes.

And further to that, we were a couple of goals from a poor CEO winning 2 premierships.

Remember lunch with Lenny?

It's great to have Lenny back. Those "Lunch with Lenny" videos were some of the best media the club has ever put out: a bit funny, a bit crazy and you even get an insight into the players' camaraderie.

The truly depressing thing about watching that particular video was seeing the juxtaposition of all the great players of the GT/Lyon era and all the No-Mark or poorly developed players of the post grand final era. Such a gulf.

Team performance. Yes.

Can but wait mate.

Team performance. Yes.

Every administration should be marked down for sustained poor performance IMO. Austerity in business or governance isn't a great thing. It's an economic rationalist fantasy. Our memberships keep increasing because the fans donate money to the club. We don't attend.

He got sponsors in when no-one wanted to come and moved us out of Seaford so gets credit there but winning premierships or at least sustained excellence would do more for the club than any of the stuff Finnis has done that looks good on paper.

I know you'll say that as CEO he only needs to operate his machine but if the rest of the business is going badly they all suffer the same fate.

Lethers came in and offered grand plans and quick time frames and has extended them out further through his recklessness and clumsy list management. To me he's another flim flam man until he proves otherwise. He's in his 5th year next year, the same amount of time GT had at the helm as coach. We've slowed down so much it feels like decades roll by without anything happening.

Simon Lethlean is a complete failure as a General Manager and has no business skills or experience at all to speak of.
He is operating way above his skills level.
In other words, he is perfect for St Kilda - utter failures at what they pretend to do :(

Simon Lethlean is a complete failure as a General Manager and has no business skills or experience at all to speak of.
He is operating way above his skills level.
In other words, he is perfect for St Kilda - utter failures at what they pretend to do :(

Gags - no football experience. Only worked in a commercial setting at a a couple of banks for 15 years. What would he know?

Lethlean - no business skills and no experience. Has only worked at the AFL as Manager of Legal, Broadcasting, and GM of Football Operations. What would he know?

If only st kilda would employ people who weren't inexperienced idiots 🙃.

Gags - no football experience. Only worked in a commercial setting at a a couple of banks for 15 years. What would he know?

Lethlean - no business skills and no experience. Has only worked at the AFL as Manager of Legal, Broadcasting, and GM of Football Operations. What would he know?

If only st kilda would employ people who weren't inexperienced idiots 🙃.

Lethlean is probably more suited to the Finnis role than the footy department stuff. Gags is probably gone after the review. He's been good at signing players to low value contracts but hasn't been good at list management. For a club that hasn't had much success, you'd think that we'd chase very proven operators not mates of Lethlean's.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back