Welcome Welcome Hugh Davies!!! - Pick 33 in the 2022 National Draft

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
Not happy Freo... the highlights music is nowhere near as good as last year's awesome tune.

Player looks alright though I guess. Nice marking prowess.

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
A touch of Blakey about him and a touch of Liam Jones also. Seems a "footballer" but give him a few years.

Ysaye

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Why did he go so low? This guy looks like a player.

Minimal game time in the colts (Only 3 games, although they were all good) as he mainly played PSA I believe, and only two games at the Championships as I recall (I think due to injury and also Busslinger+Adams being more advanced) so there was more speculation surrounding him.

Sep 18, 2015
The Hippodrome
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hornets, Mariners, Falcons
Minimal game time in the colts (Only 3 games, although they were all good) as he mainly played PSA I believe, and only two games at the Championships as I recall (I think due to injury and also Busslinger+Adams being more advanced) so there was more speculation surrounding him.
Also doesn't help one of the two champs games he played he had 7 goals kicked on him

I think he's got the tools, and I don't necessarily think it's a bad pick just earlier than I would have expected. Good luck to him at least

bushchook

All Australian
Dec 9, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Is this just Tobe Watson with a new haircut

DMan 11

Premiership Player
Apr 3, 2012
Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
I hate myself for doing it, but I’ll be closely comparing his career to Adam’s.
I thought Adam’s was the more obvious pick, but have faith in our recruiting staff

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

apuchar

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
This softens the blow.
Wasn’t nearly all on him
2 of the seven where errors by someone else. Busslinger was out-marked on the goal line and the ruckman gave away a free kick inside 50. One was a hanger by Jefferson that no-one could have stopped and the fourth was just an elite kick by Sheezel to a forward leading into space in an open forwardine

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Also doesn't help one of the two champs games he played he had 7 goals kicked on him

I think he's got the tools, and I don't necessarily think it's a bad pick just earlier than I would have expected. Good luck to him at least

Do you see him becoming big and strong enough to play FB or CHB? Or is he more an intercept tall?

Oct 30, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West End Redbacks, Cleveland Browns
I personally thought Jed Adams would be our guy, but there was plenty of talk out of WA that Davies was the #2 behind Busslinger so I'm not exactly surprised. He has a lot of AFL traits, especially with his intercept marking and ball use. Whether he develops the true shut down game and can play as a #1 KPD is the main question, but he's still an AFL player without that anyway.

I was predicting a run on KPDs in the late second round, certainly had that feel to it with who was picking. And it went that way with 5 going in the space of 8 picks. I was hopeful we could sneak ours through to our second pick, but it was obviously the right call especially when Van Es went ahead of us - who I wouldn't be taking ahead of Davies.

Sep 27, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
brisbane lions
Didn't realise he had so many brothers. No wonder mum is outa there. She's taking her cup of tea to higher ground.
Obi Wan Hello GIF by Star Wars

did someone say higher ground

Back