Retired 9. Jack Steven (2020 -2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Solid first post Mr Steven.
ITs actually Mrs Steven

I checked. They think its anonymous and no one will know lol

Go Catters

I manage to watch most of game on replay, up to Q4. Steven wasn't that bad. Albeit restricted by the camera angles, I only once when he seemed to be late getting back to the D50. Next to him jogging back, way late, was GAJ. Maybe a wider angle would show more, but whenever he was on screen he was going for it, as hard or harder than any on the team.
I agree that not only is he getting his body into game fitness, but also his game-mind. Long time out, into a completely new system...tough call on using him now and writing him off for the year(which we would be if we only played him in the scratch matches). Like Sav, I'd let him play while looking for the payoff later in the season.
I also think with this hub on a hard surface, they can manage players and play some of those kids. But looking strategically, Steven has shown improvement each game. Play him until he goes backward.
Agree.
Watching parts of the game live, not impressive, but with the replay, not a bad game at all; he stays in for sure, plus all our outs.

catempire
Do you still have the ability to search how far people ran?
I'm not a Telstra mobile customer.

I wouldn't mind a list if you do. I know a few ran over 13k.
Not sure I actually like miers being the top runner either. Sit in the pocket sunshine.
He wasn’t in the top 5.
31260899-A216-408E-8155-B82EBEC7C0AB.jpeg

Yeah I can see the top 5 too.
I didn't expect him to be anywhere near that. I was just wondering if the individual data was available.
I don’t think it is but I’m no longer a Telstra mobile customer so can’t check.

Form has improved since he was dropped. Should have never started in the team in the first place though. Seems to be turning a corner

Yes....clearly in better shape now. A breakout game for 2020 may be just around the corner.

After watching all his regular season games... Biggest issue was poor disposal through the year- He dished out a lot of hospital ball early on(really floaty kicks) Effort was good, and he is quick and finds the ball. I'm really happy he managed to string a decent amount of football over the season given his history and rocky start to the season.

After watching all his regular season games... Biggest issue was poor disposal through the year- He dished out a lot of hospital ball early on(really floaty kicks) Effort was good, and he is quick and finds the ball. I'm really happy he managed to string a decent amount of football over the season given his history and rocky start to the season.
I reckon if he can't clean up his disposal next year, and I'm not sure it was that bad when at the Saints before, then I reckon he is done and dusted by end of next year. He might get an extra year if say Selwood retires next season. I was a bit disappointed with him this year, I know he has had his setbacks though, he didn't really have a breakout game in my mind.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back