Player Watch Welcome James Blanck. Extends to 2026!

Topiary

Premium Platinum
Jul 22, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
This was such a promising first game. Looked at home. Sam may have potentially solved what is a glaring weakness moving forward.

Looked composed and not rushed with ball in hand. While not primarily what he would be selected for as our KPD, this aspect of his game felt like a breath of fresh air after Chip and Hartigan.
He was very good. Liked his calm presence. Give him a full preseason and work on his strength and we have a player.

Topiary

Premium Platinum
Jul 22, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Just got to get some more class. We cannot expect to mine mid season Drafts or late picks. That we have done well, but it is not sustainable. We just must get more collateral and more talent.

Last edited:

toomanysquibs

Premiership Player
Nov 25, 2006
Hawthorn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
Considering the amount of ball that went into our backline after quarter time, he did really well in his first game. Looks like plenty of tools to work in that he's got speed, height, agility and skill. Definitely the most solid debut by a key back since our high profile recruiting during the 3 peat years. At worst he'll help DGB develop by taking some heat off him when Hartigan is gone.

OsakaHawk

Dotonbori loiterer
Mar 22, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Did some good things and will be better for the experience, was outpointed on a few occasions but that isn't expected for a young key defender on debut.
Think you missed your double negative hodgey, assuming you did I agree

TassieGrown

All Australian
Aug 2, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Good 1st game, looked calm and was good skill wise under pressure. Showed enough to play out the rest of the season

theiaofseed

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
First game as a kpd at AFL and looks great, already gone past Hartigan for mine, and not even from a development perspective
Hartigan was awful in the VFL on the weekend.

f575e98d4c92a2ecf1ea1f3c588ac8f0.png

Certainly has a leap.

Back