Player Watch Welcome James Blanck. Extends to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

Between Jai Newcombe and Blankety Blanck, you could not have asked for a better outcome from the MSD over the past 2 seasons. Neither have skipped a beat. Next best thing to Sydney's Gift Horse Academy.

Typical Hawthorn - Rorting the system by picking blokes that had been overlooked/rejected by every other club already.

Between Jai Newcombe and Blankety Blanck, you could not have asked for a better outcome from the MSD over the past 2 seasons. Neither have skipped a beat. Next best thing to Sydney's Gift Horse Academy.
And the Swans get direct, discounted access to these chumps.

Ours have all been available to every club, over mulitple drafts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So impressed with Blanck and how hard is at every contest. Goes 100% at everything and only played 6 games vs arguably the best moving forward in the game (cannot kick to save himself though).

He will take a huge amount away from that and will go up a new level.

So impressed with Blanck and how hard is at every contest. Goes 100% at everything and only played 6 games vs arguably the best moving forward in the game (cannot kick to save himself though).

He will take a huge amount away from that and will go up a new level.
Imagine how he (& the intercept crew) will go when we can break even in the midfield & apply defensive pressure to opposition midfields?

Is our backline set? I'm not sure we need to draft any more defenders now, just time and patience eh?

Blanck, DGB, Sicily, Scrimshaw, Hardwick, Morris, CJ, Impey, Day and Frost has us set for the short term and long-term - provided Blanck and DGB develop into the players they promise to be.

Imagine how he (& the intercept crew) will go when we can break even in the midfield & apply defensive pressure to opposition midfields?

They'll definitely be testing out an opposition forward line's ability and desire to chase - every single one of them can attack and use it pretty much - Blanck no exception.

Last edited:
James is tracking well. Before Christmas he returned to training looking bigger and stronger. His endurance has improved as has his disposal by foot. In all the one on one training drills and match simulations the only player to trouble him was Mitch Lewis.

The podcast below is an interesting listen.

James is tracking well. Before Christmas he returned to training looking bigger and stronger. His endurance has improved as has his disposal by foot. In all the one on one training drills and match simulations the only player to trouble him was Mitch Lewis.

The podcast below is an interesting listen.

I'm surprised he had even mentioned it, I thought his disposal was really composed last year. I actually felt really comfortable with him having ball in hand.

Absolutely love this bloke, has an amazing build and athletic traits for a key defender.

James look a solid prospect.
How much can he improve?
Looks comfortable with ball in hand.
Biggest question mark I have is can he go with the BIG BOYS? As metioned above Lewis gave him trouble yet I think he could cover a Kossie type. Lewis just plays taller.
Is he the true gorilla or more of a second tall?
2m Peter is a good test first up.

James look a solid prospect.
How much can he improve?
Looks comfortable with ball in hand.
Biggest question mark I have is can he go with the BIG BOYS? As metioned above Lewis gave him trouble yet I think he could cover a Kossie type. Lewis just plays taller.
Is he the true gorilla or more of a second tall?
2m Peter is a good test first up.

That is definitely the questions, can he step it up another level - all the tools are there in the kit.

KPD don't usually come in and set the world on fire first year in the game. Going to be an interesting year or two watching how he grows into the higher level.

Can't wait for him to start to show mongrel. Imagine what this guy could be with 70-100 games under his belt.
I reckon he could project to be that Nathan Brown (Collingwood) style tall. Big, strong dour defender that doesn't do a lot besides.

Nothing to sneeze at from a MSD pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back