Player Watch Welcome James Blanck. Extends to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

It is tremendous to hear that James Blanck has resigned. He is the future commando of our backline! He is quickly becoming one of my favourites. He is quite authoritative. It is unfortunate to hear that he will not be playing this or next week due to concussion, but he should hold his head high.

Last week was the best performance I have seen from him yet. When Sicily is out, our backline goes to the dumps, but Blanck showed up last week and provided the authority we need in defence. He stood up when the game was on the line with 4 crucial plays in a row early in the fourth quarter. I also saw him shouting demands at his teammates many times throughout the match. Yes, he technically got "dominated" according to the statline, as Riccardi kicked 3 goals and Hogan got 4 goals, but the statline does not tell the truth in this case. We just need to find a partner for him at CHB (whether that's DGB, McCabe, Jai Serong, or someone else), have him continually improve, and he'll be set for the next decade.

He's def developing in the right direction. Last week was a step up but also he has started positioning himself with more of an eye to take intercept marks. He's a big unit got to think with another 2 preseasons he will be a key player for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Structurally, Blanck is so important for us. With the addition of Chol up forward, I’d almost go as far as to say he is THE most important structural player now.

I’ve liked his development so far, hopefully he can continue and start to win more aerial contests rather than just halving them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back