Toast Welcome Jonathan Giles

Remove this Banner Ad

Officially now an Eagle
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-19/eagles-boost-ruck-stocks-with-exbomber-giles-

Giles heads west along with Essendon's fourth-round pick in the NAB AFL draft (No.62) in exchange for the Eagles third-round pick (No.57).

680881-giles.jpg

This is as random as they come. But he knows his place is backup for our two big boys and he's one of us now. Welcome Giles.

Good trade to make, at worst he sits in the WAFL as cover. At best he put a crap load of pressure on Lycett by tearing it up in the WAFL and pick 62 is a superstar.

I'd say at best he sits in the WAFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Super happy! Ruck depth, now I'm not so worried about the Jetta trade costing us Sinclair now!

just a hunch but I feel like he may exceed a lot of peoples expectations. Im happy we have picked him up.

I have the same hunch! Lycett might still struggle a bit next year with the injury so If Giles kills the pre-season he might get quite a few games!

1. Big preseason
2. 5+ good games next year
3. trade him to the Bulldogs for an early second
4. Profit$$

Was great at GWS but the environment at Essendon didn't work.

If he can reach that level again, given our ruck coach and ability to make the most of rucks, he has a higher level to go to than Sinclair.
Looking at his stats, it seemed he was reasonable in the last few games of the year he got a call up in, he averaged 12 disposals and 22 hitouts. DE was a bit s**t though. Did anyone watch Essendon in rounds 18-20?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back