List Mgmt. Welcome Jordan Clark

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Watson and Hughes were much of a muchness in quality, just different. Just found it interesting they chose to play Watson over Hughes and just wonder if they would have kept Watson if hughes wasn't already signed long term... or which one they would have chosen if both were unsigned at the end of the season. When Hughes is at his best, he is good value but just a little limited in certain areas.

We only signed Hughes long term this year so would seem that he was chosen ahead of Watson

We only signed Hughes long term this year so would seem that he was chosen ahead of Watson
Watson was playing ahead of him despite Hughes already being signed to a long-term deal. You could only suppose that Hughes hadn't regained his best form following injury so they chose Watson ahead of him. Any other reason would seem odd.

Ethan has some fantastic attributes.

He's strong, incredibly brave, hard at the ball and man, and he reads the ball defensively.

Ethan has some major limitations:
He is prone to 1-2 doozy coach killers per game...

He also makes Ibbotson look like Pendlebury in the ball movement stakes.

He's working with a 1960's computer where decision making is concerned.
For mine hes great depth but should only play when necessary

Interesting watching the Selwood interview.. one thing that came out pretty clear is the Scarlett is a pretty strong personality..

So the fact that Jordan had a run in with him, and Scarlett didn’t want him in the backline isn’t something that Jordan should dwell on.

Jordan clearly feels his best position is HBF and JLo things it’s his best position

If we are going to get the best out of players who bring that flair, then play them where they are best.

Hope Jordan makes that attacking Rebounding HBF his own spot for the next 10 years.

I’ve noticed some definition in his arms and legs in the training gallery photo’s of late.

I always thought he had that ‘puppy fat’ style body - maybe his training ethic wasn’t top notch at Geebung.

Seems to be smashing it over here though

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He will kill it for us.

Geelong will regret letting him go l.

Maybe in 20 years time they will be playing this trade on trade week instead of our crap trades.
If it includes 5 time premiership player in there somewhere, even as a tiny footnote, then I'm all for that

I think he'll go alright too. His dash is gonna impress us at times.

When Jlo wakes up to the realisation that we need a wing, and don't need another hbf, discussion will pick up.
Erasmus and Freddy are the two wingers we need. Both are suoer quick and training the house down before the break. Second hand report but it was tweeted that those were the two dominating in the match sim on the Friday before the break. Erasmus is a running machine and highly suited to a role rotating between wing and half forward to start his career. He keeps up with Brayshaw in repeat running exercises. Freddy still doesn't realise how quick he is but keeps running away from his man when training playing the wing role. Tucker (who looks lighter and quicker than he has in years) and O'Driscoll are also looking great training to play wing. O'Driscoll could a huge surprise packet. He has terrific speed and endurance and his kicking look much improved.

In 20 years time, The West will refer to him as ex Geelong player Jordan Clark.
Ex Geelong player Jordan Clark, who is understood to have spent the off season fasting whilst praying to our lord and saviour Nic “never heard of D50” Naitanui..

Erasmus and Freddy are the two wingers we need. Both are suoer quick and training the house down before the break. Second hand report but it was tweeted that those were the two dominating in the match sim on the Friday before the break. Erasmus is a running machine and highly suited to a role rotating between wing and half forward to start his career. He keeps up with Brayshaw in repeat running exercises. Freddy still doesn't realise how quick he is but keeps running away from his man when training playing the wing role. Tucker (who looks lighter and quicker than he has in years) and O'Driscoll are also looking great training to play wing. O'Driscoll could a huge surprise packet. He has terrific speed and endurance and his kicking look much improved.
Clark has a bigger tank, has more skills and most importantly has more scoreboard impact than both of those two players though as of now. While that could change in the future as NOD and Freddy develop, Clark is the superior choice on the wing. He is clearly a natural footballer and those types of players need to play in the midfield.

Clark has a bigger tank, has more skills and most importantly has more scoreboard impact than both of those two players though as of now. While that could change in the future as NOD and Freddy develop, Clark is the superior choice on the wing. He is clearly a natural footballer and those types of players need to play in the midfield.
Clark won't play wing, he's taking Wilson's spot in defense. Freddy is being very underrated here. He showed signs beforehand but was a 'rookie', he'll be stronger, fitter, faster and make decisions easier now.

Clark won't play wing, he's taking Wilson's spot in defense. Freddy is being very underrated here. He showed signs beforehand but was a 'rookie', he'll be stronger, fitter, faster and make decisions easier now.

Freddy is really one of those wait and see players.

If he becomes a bit cleaner and his goal kicking gets a bit better he could be anything. If it doesn’t he will become a whipping boy.

Given the place the club seems to be in off field I think it’ll be the former, development seems top notch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back