List Mgmt. Welcome Jordan Clark

Remove this Banner Ad

I wasn’t fussed if we got Clark or not I must admit, theres no doubt he wasn’t working hard enough at Geelong, but I can almost understand that due to their list & a real lack of similar aged players of his type to work & develop with.

Motivation is massive in getting the best out of yourself & the environment your working in plays a big part of that. I’m so pleased to hear his results at training & that he took part in the Brayshaw tradition of 100 100’s on Christmas Day & can guarantee that something like that would have never crossed his mind at Geelong.

This list is perfect for him & Freo (& home) is a good match for him to fulfill his potential, however high that is for him. I hope he proves his doubters wrong.

Never underestimate the power of wanting to stick it up someone to motivate.

I too wasn't overly fussed if we got Clark - the pragmatist in me would have rather kept the pick and hoped we'd get him at a much discounted price next year. However as the cards fell - keeping 19 was just so important ...basically was worth the value of another top 10 pick for us.

Now Clark is going to be super motivated to show what he can do - JLo and Co obviously see a place for this skill set in our game play. If giving Wilson a kick up the bum to be a consistent contributor is a further result then that's a bonus....if we play finals next year it will be off the back of some of our mid to late 20's players stepping up

I too wasn't overly fussed if we got Clark - the pragmatist in me would have rather kept the pick and hoped we'd get him at a much discounted price next year. However as the cards fell - keeping 19 was just so important ...basically was worth the value of another top 10 pick for us.

Now Clark is going to be super motivated to show what he can do - JLo and Co obviously see a place for this skill set in our game play. If giving Wilson a kick up the bum to be a consistent contributor is a further result then that's a bonus....if we play finals next year it will be off the back of some of our mid to late 20's players stepping up
I can definitely see that Clark creates some flow on effect for other players such as Wilson. I am hoping the coaches are looking at how to maximise the treasure trove of hbf-er options we have, a number of which have transferable skills and will be pushing for opportunities. Exciting times eh.

I can definitely see that Clark creates some flow in effect for other players such as Wilson. I am hoping the coaches are looking at how to maximise the treasure trove of hbf-er options we have, a number of which have transferable skills and will be pushing for opportunities.

Agree - it's not just getting the ball out of defence quickly. The pace to cover off on zones and make switching of the ball difficult for oppositions coming out of defence is something I hope that is key too.

Oh to have a Ballantyne and someone sticking multiple tackles ....Balla's average of 3.1 tackles a game would have him top 5 in this current squad. Really hoping an Erasmus just being competitive and wanting to lay tackles in the front half would be a god send.

Re a place for Brandon Walker (the Ghost Who Floats), in his last couple of 2021 games it was good to see him increasingly throw his speed, skill and weight around.

Some mini- lightbulb moments that "I can do this".

He's got that Johnno type kicking style where it doesn't look text book but it's bloody effective.

I think a lot of supporters agree with your thoughts regarding Clark. I was probably a bit more anti the trade than what you have written. However I have to admit that he has swayed my thinking with his training ethic and overall efforts from the reports from the Freo big footy training crew. There certainly seems to be plenty of interest in how he is going judging from the amount of reports here.

I think a lot of supporters agree with your thoughts regarding Clark. I was probably a bit more anti the trade than what you have written. However I have to admit that he has swayed my thinking with his training ethic and overall efforts from the reports from the Freo big footy training crew. There certainly seems to be plenty of interest in how he is going judging from the amount of reports here.
Why is everybody so anti Clark?? I would rather him to what was available at pick 24 this year. I predict he will be a gun and shut everyone up on here :)

Why is everybody so anti Clark?? I would rather him to what was available at pick 24 this year. I predict he will be a gun and shut everyone up on here :)
You may not have noticed our history with trading in players with question marks over them? If you had you would understand. It has little to do with the player, and a lot to do with the club strategy.

I can definitely see that Clark creates some flow on effect for other players such as Wilson. I am hoping the coaches are looking at how to maximise the treasure trove of hbf-er options we have, a number of which have transferable skills and will be pushing for opportunities. Exciting times eh.
The key is to be able to rotate the talent to benefit other parts of the ground if possible. Eg. if we have more talent available in defence then we play an extra back but rotate the players more. I like having all of Walker, Cox, Clark, Logue, Young, Ryan, A.Peace, Chapman in the team if possible. I just love that amount of pace in the back half. To make that work with rotations we would have to rotate those players a bit in role others than defence. Clark obviously could spend a decent amount of time on a wing. Cox could rotate forward when Lobb's rucking so say 20% of his game time.
Young spent a training session with the mids. If Mundy is out for the start of the year then we would need his kicking midfield for brief periods.. He's looking really strong in contested work. I also wouldn't mind them throwing Logue around for brief periods in just looking for mismatches anywhere on the ground.

You may not have noticed our history with trading in players with question marks over them? If you had you would understand. It has little to do with the player, and a lot to do with the club strategy.
I mean to me if there were massive question marks over him Geelong wouldnt have tried so hard to keep him. Also some of the Geelong fans who put him down etc, maybe they are just sour? 😅

Do you mean question marks because of off field issues (ie Hogan, McCarthy, Bennell) or because he could hardly get a game at Geelong? Definitely agree in terms of the club's strategy in the past of trading in players with off field issues, which thankfully the club has put an end too. Clark is different IMO, no off field issues that I'm aware of and he was playing in an extremely experienced team trying to win a flag. They also got an elite player in Isaac Smith from the Hawks who played in all of Geelong's games in 2021 from memory, and who no doubt kept Clark out of the side. I'm reserving judgement on Clark for now, he has the opportunity to break into a younger side and show what he's got. Also as Polo342 said, Geelong didn't want to let him go

Do you mean question marks because of off field issues (ie Hogan, McCarthy, Bennell) or because he could hardly get a game at Geelong? Definitely agree in terms of the club's strategy in the past of trading in players with off field issues, which thankfully the club has put an end too. Clark is different IMO, no off field issues that I'm aware of and he was playing in an extremely experienced team trying to win a flag. They also got an elite player in Isaac Smith from the Hawks who played in all of Geelong's games in 2021 from memory, and who no doubt kept Clark out of the side. I'm reserving judgement on Clark for now, he has the opportunity to break into a younger side and show what he's got. Also as Polo342 said, Geelong didn't want to let him go
There were clear questions asked about his training and diet. And perhaps his response to not being the first choice in his preferred position at hbf.

Geelong trading in Smith definitely raises questions about his ability on the wing, but their other hbf-ers aren't players I would be chasing either. He is a player who has barely developed in 3 years.

None of that matters. It's what happens next that matters, and that is looking good from every single report.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There’s enough noise from Albany, that him, his mates, and some of the family are quite the rat pack.
However it seems that being around young men of his own age, has been enough to change him.
Plus a bit of an FU to Geelong,
The people commenting are generally losers who have nothing better to discuss (being from Albany), I know the brothers, in the right environment all of them will thrive.

The people commenting are generally losers who have nothing better to discuss (being from Albany), I know the brothers, in the right environment all of them will thrive.
I don’t disagree with you on the right environment thing. But do on the first part.
they were right about the McGovern‘s being absolute fig jams.

I didn’t realise that Jordan’s dad is the President of the Perth Demons footy club.

He spoke before Christmas on Sport FM about Jordan being home and having his first clear run at a pre-season. Hasn’t had a decent fitness base base previously, loving his time at Freo so far.
If he can stay fit we’ll see a much better JC running around in purple I reckon

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Off the top of my head not too many were top 15 draft picks, with just 3 years experience, trying to break into a top 4 side, where we paid less than the original draft pick?

I didn’t realise that Jordan’s dad is the President of the Perth Demons footy club.

He spoke before Christmas on Sport FM about Jordan being home and having his first clear run at a pre-season. Hasn’t had a decent fitness base base previously, loving his time at Freo so far.
If he can stay fit we’ll see a much better JC running around in purple I reckon

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I think Jordans brother won a reserves premiership with them this year too, He was in the rooms afterwards

He seems to have made every post a winner so far. Loos fit and ready to go for Round 1 judging by how he is training. Him Freddy, Tucker and Erasmus I think will be the ones rotating wings with Clark also to spend significant time at half back.

He’s probably using it as motivation.

Probably helps that there are people his own age he can relate to and train with.
Haha, as a Cats fan, I can strongly relate to this.

Here's hoping Clark goes really well for you. He's a major talent.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

There’s enough noise from Albany, that him, his mates, and some of the family are quite the rat pack.
However it seems that being around young men of his own age, has been enough to change him.
Plus a bit of an FU to Geelong,
from albany

jordan clark is apparently a good person.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back