Player Watch Jordan Dawson - Our New Captain!

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah, they never really wanted him as "they get all the players they want".

They've moved on to getting "a real big fish" now, someone much better than Dawson.

I look forward to him dominating showdowns and constantly hitting TT and Fog on the tit.
Fog only needs 3 on the tit to kick 3 per game too. :$

If Sydney offered that, we got a good deal

I don't know much about him (haven't sat down and watched a full Sydney match in years (I was working through our2021 game, and at a family function for our 2020 game))
But the incumbent deal is telling.
If they're willing to offer a long term deal, they know he's got the talent.
But the money is low. WOuldn't surprise me if that's got something to do with salary squeeze up there. They would pay more, but couldn't.

and as another poster said, front end the f*** out of the deal.
Saved money doesnt carry over. So get him the higher average, bring him in, then still have the money available in future years. It's exactly the type of things that clubs like Port Adelaide, Carlton and Essendon have done to ensure they always have money available to snag someone new (having said that, emulating those 3 clubs probably isn't something to be proud of)
Port Power chased Merrett with supposedly a "war chest" and they didn't even make us pay by offering Dawson the lowest offer....makes you wonder.

It's quite conceivable that we have, if they only offered him 4 years.
One of those "technically true" statements, but knows it'll have Port people likely believing we've offered several hundred thousand dollars a year more, like $750K vs their $500K.

It's basically $2 million over 4 years vs $3 million over 5. $100K difference over the 4 matching years, but given he's 24 it's not like he'd be retiring once that deal is over and they'd be paying him for that year we'd have him signed for anyway, so pretty much comes to a less significant difference at the end of the day.

Last edited:
FMD.

Janus is their version of Alex.

I didnt know he was still posting, it figures he popped up given Port made a prelim.
Lol, I forgot Janus existed.

Truly deluded individual.

Port Power chased Merrett with supposedly a "war chest" and they didn't even make us pay by offering Dawson the lowest offer....makes you wonder.
If they really had that much spare coin, they would chase Yeo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide was the smart decision and Port Adelaide was the risk. I am not surprised he chose Adelaide at all and in fact I suspect over the next couple of seasons Adelaide will be the destination of choice.

Adelaide has proven to be building a young exciting list with a majority of the rebuild pain of older players moving on and bottoming out nearly over.

Many casual observers basically painted Port the destination because of recent success. But when examined deeper, ports list is in not the best shape and there is little to no room for immediate improvement. Plus the impending list turnover and coaching turnovers, really, I can't see any player nominating Port for awhile.

I do think as a supporter we can be confident the club finally is headed in an exciting direction.

On SM-N981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ollie reckons Port will be contending for the rest of his career there (which ends in 2026 at least). I get he has to be seen to say the right thing, but does he honestly believe the team will be contending that long?

That is not how the system works.

My mate is a Port supporter, he honestly believes Port will get a 1st round pick for him..
He then told me he is third in line behind Lycett and Mayes

Can anyone explain this logic to me?

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Well we got offered 10 for Lobbe...

Tredders said our offer was $1m more.

So we went $600k, they went $500k.

So much forn port having a war chest.

Suggests Port went at $400k. Unlikely. So either the gap is closer or we paid more than $600k. Either way doesn’t matter. He will be in our best 6-8 players so paying $650-700k will be fine

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Always nice to kick baby brother in the balls. :$

Haha!
Very good result for the AFC, hopefully the deal will be a “smooth” one, but this time of the year is always madness.

Speaking of madness, some sort of post on the draft and trade board has got Port Power supporters intrigued, re Elliot Yeo. I would be utterly stunned if anything eventuated there but I guess it is a new world nowadays!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back