Toast Welcome Lewis Jetta

Remove this Banner Ad

What $ are we paying Jetta?

Jetta turned the fans against him and now he has an uphill run to turn them around to his side. If he can do that then he deserves all the praise he earns. Otherwise, * him.

41330296_hrstkova.jpg

Jetta turned the fans against him and now he has an uphill run to turn them around to his side. If he can do that then he deserves all the praise he earns. Otherwise, **** him.
If Tony Locket was able to get the Sydney fans onside 6 months after what he did to Peter Caven, I'm pretty sure West Coast fans won't be too harsh on Jetta. :p

Just some stats in regards to Jetta's season compared to our list, this is where he would have ranked in our 2015 season

Tackles: 6th
Goals: 9th
Disposals: 8th
Marks: 12th

Best games

dot.gif

23 disps (17 kicks 6 hballs), 6 marks, 9 tackles and 2 goals in Rd 19 32-pt loss to Geelong at Simonds Stadium (8 Aug 2015)
dot.gif

21 disps (13 kicks 8 hballs), 7 marks and a goal in Rd 18 52-pt win over Adelaide at the SCG (1 Aug 2015)
dot.gif

21 disps (16 kicks 5 hballs), 8 marks and a goal in Rd 17 52-pt loss to West Coast at Domain Stadium (26 Jul 2015)
dot.gif

20 disps (15 kicks 5 hballs), 4 marks and a goal in Rd 11 16-pt win over North Melbourne at Etihad Stadium (13 Jun 2015)
dot.gif

31 disps (21 kicks 10 hballs), 8 marks and 4 tackles in Rd 10 52-pt win over Gold Coast at Metricon Stadium (6 Jun 2015)
dot.gif

27 disps (20 kicks 7 hballs), 7 marks and 4 tackles in Rd 9 60-pt win over Carlton at the SCG (29 May 2015)
dot.gif

24 disps (16 kicks 8 hballs), 5 marks and a goal in Rd 6 38-pt win over Melbourne at the MCG (9 May 2015)
dot.gif

20 disps (14 kicks 6 hballs), 4 marks and 2 goals in Rd 2 48-pt win over Port Adelaide at Adelaide Oval (11 Apr 2015)

And ranked 12th in inside 50's out of the whole comp.

Got to love it pre trade, "Jetta has been hopeless since 2012" ... How tunes change after the trade :p

Luke most Swans supporters said, he played really well this year.

Congrats!!

I hope he plays awesome for you guys. He served us well, was a fan favourite and he has so much respect/support for mates.

Hope he can find his best with you boys, rejuvenated at home.

Got to love it pre trade, "Jetta has been hopeless since 2012" ... How tunes change after the trade :p

Luke most Swans supporters said, he played really well this year.

Congrats!!

I hope he plays awesome for you guys. He served us well, was a fan favourite and he has so much respect/support for mates.

Hope he can find his best with you boys, rejuvenated at home.

Some of us rated him since this trade was first rumored...

Hope he turns it around with a different group. Has a boatload of experience and we all know how gast he can be. His experience and speed is another worry for opposition mids. If Redden and Jetta can get close to Yeo and Wellers we should be able to get back to the MCG for the big dance.

The actual trade aside I am excited to see Jetta on the wings next year, hope he has a great pre-season. I'm confident he will light it up for us next year, he is at the team he supported and always wanted to play for!

Anyone got footage of his draft year where he said he wanted to play for WC?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Jetta will be a great pick up for the Eagles, especially playing on Subi oval. People forget that at Sydney he was basically the only outside mid that opposition teams had to worry about. At the eagles there is Gaff and to a lesser extent Masten who can also do damage.
Although he is a very outside player, he is one of the very best in the AFL at it. And now he gets to do it every second week on Subi rather than the tiny SCG.

Bleh, not exactly happy with that trade one bit. Ruckman are worth more than an outside runner in woeful form, especially contracted ruckman.

But by round 1 i'm sure all supporters will have warmed to Jetta, even after he threw a spear at them.

Welcome Lewis, lets see some of this 2012 form as soon as humanly possible :rainbow:
Just Sticking Up For A Mate . Even if he was a Flog

upload_2015-10-14_18-16-18.jpeg

Last edited:
The actual trade aside I am excited to see Jetta on the wings next year, hope he has a great pre-season. I'm confident he will light it up for us next year, he is at the team he supported and always wanted to play for!

Anyone got footage of his draft year where he said he wanted to play for WC?
Here's one of the interviews from that year(he gets asked at about 1:15). "I hope the Eagles pick me up, I want to go to the Eagles". Can't get any more clear cut than that :D. Some great footage of him playing for Swan Districts in there too.

I know he sometimes goes missing a bit in games, but still bloody excited now that he's playing for us. Welcome Lewis!

Here's one of the interviews from that year(he gets asked at about 1:15). "I hope the Eagles pick me up, I want to go to the Eagles". Can't get any more clear cut than that :D. Some great footage of him playing for Swan Districts in there too.

I know he sometimes goes missing a bit in games, but still bloody excited now that he's playing for us. Welcome Lewis!

Peter Matera taught him some moves . Ok so Move

No mate pretty sure you won.

We had a contracted player in demand at our club and many others who tries his ass off week in week out. Can play ruck forward takes marks all over the ground and is always a great contributor

Instead we now have a campaigning front running flog who falters when the going gets tough and thinks and acts like he's a class above everybody
Sinclair struggled in the grand final when the heat was on and we someone who can replace himself and possibly be better in Lycett. Jetta at his best is an upgrade on Rosa/Masten. I am happy with this trade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty much everyone in this thread needs to settle down, seems like a fair trade to me if we manage to pick up another ruckman cheap. We didn't win the premiership this year but were close so I'm glad the club is pushing hard to win it, and we need the outside run. Premierships are hard to win and west coast have been too passive in the past in terms of trading and having too much belief in our players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back