Toast Welcome Lewis Jetta

Remove this Banner Ad

• I've watched this gif about 15 times and this just proves how stupid corralling is. If Yeo didn't * it up we would have just waltzed in for an easy goal and cats would have made a 50/50 contest in their forward half into an opposition goal.

gaedIfd.gif
Some say Jed Bews is still trying to tackle Jetts to this day

Possibly the most confusing description of a single event ever written.

Wasn't really that hard.

Next time I'll draw it with crayons.

Watching Jetta last night makes me think the guys have been told to ease off the gameplan a bit and play a bit more the way they want to play.

Certainly some of the performances earlier this year had the look of a team that was trying to execute something they didn't believe in. The optimist in me thinks Simmo has told them to start playing on the edge and I like it.

Watching Jetta last night makes me think the guys have been told to ease off the gameplan a bit and play a bit more the way they want to play.

Certainly some of the performances earlier this year had the look of a team that was trying to execute something they didn't believe in. The optimist in me thinks Simmo has told them to start playing on the edge and I like it.
I was thinking the same. Simplify it a bit instead of being so rigid and set to a system.

They said that in late 2014 after a few losses and they started winning (e.g. Adelaide away IIRC)

Why don't they just stick to playing like that?

You can tell we are over coached with the complete lack of flair we play with at times.

The whole over emphasis on the web/zone/gameplan is killing the players and it's the reason why Jetta, Redden and our kids have struggled to adapt so much IMO. We didn't win last night because of the web or because of our intercept KPDs, it was from winning more one-on-one contests at stoppages.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They said that in late 2014 after a few losses and they started winning (e.g. Adelaide away IIRC)

Why don't they just stick to playing like that?

You can tell we are over coached with the complete lack of flair we play with at times.

The whole over emphasis on the web/zone/gameplan is killing the players and it's the reason why Jetta, Redden and our kids have struggled to adapt so much IMO. We didn't win last night because of the web or because of our intercept KPDs, it was from winning more one-on-one contests at stoppages.
Footy is a simple game really.

Win one-on-one contests then everyone else spreads, take the best option then goal.

Lose the one-on-one and man up to try and restrict the oppositions options.

Rince and repeat

Similar thing happened at East Perth with good results

• I've watched this gif about 15 times and this just proves how stupid corralling is. If Yeo didn't **** it up we would have just waltzed in for an easy goal and cats would have made a 50/50 contest in their forward half into an opposition goal.
To be fair the Geelong players corralling Jetta forced the desired result - a kick across half back under pressure and there's very few players in the competition that can execute what Jetta did. More often than not in that situation it's a kick to a 50/50 contest or a direct turnover

That type of kick is probably the most damaging in footy - a long accurate kick across half back hitting a running player in space. Complete opens up the other side of the ground and blows apart the zone. It'll usually result in a score

It's also one of the riskiest - most sides would be lucky to have more than 2 or 3 players capable of pulling it off

Quite literally just quoted this so I could add a touch of brilliance to my post. ;)

Have watched this about 50 times today. Love 3 things.

Jetta with the pick up, vision and execution; Yeo with the speed to mark at full speed and keep going; & lastly, dangerfields "chase".

Simmo made mention to something of those lines during his post game press conference - they stripped back some things and made it simpler.

Quite literally just quoted this so I could add a touch of brilliance to my post. ;)

Have watched this about 50 times today. Love 3 things.

Jetta with the pick up, vision and execution; Yeo with the speed to mark at full speed and keep going; & lastly, dangerfields "chase".
Hate to be 'that guy' who comes and wrecks everything with facts..

But unfortunately it was robbed of being the perfect play, by Yeo having the ball knocked/dropped out of his hands as he breezes past the Geelong player. He had to search for it off the deck and it slowed everything down slightly. Dangerfield wasn't even involved, it was Menzel who he ran past i think.

Doesn't change the fact it was absolutely smexy though.

Hate to be 'that guy' who comes and wrecks everything with facts..

But unfortunately it was robbed of being the perfect play, by Yeo having the ball knocked/dropped out of his hands as he breezes past the Geelong player. He had to search for it off the deck and it slowed everything down slightly. Dangerfield wasn't even involved, it was Menzel who he ran past i think.

Doesn't change the fact it was absolutely smexy though.
I'll concede the first point, but it's danger about 30m behind yeo out of shot waiting out the back for the cheapie.

Edit: You can see danger briefly before Yeo takes the mark. Menzel is then left to chase from that point on.

Last edited:
I’m wondering what Jettas contract status is beyond this year, and if anyone thinks he’s a moral for another contract (or time to wave goodbye?)

Strange time to bump this thread, has certainly done enough this year to warrant a contract if it is indeed up at the end of the season.

We are now using him properly as a weapon from the half back flank. Will never have a 30 possession game but he doesn't need to if you can have the ball 15 times and cut through opposition defences with every one of them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back