Toast Welcome Lewis Jetta

Apr 29, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
lol so many eating humble pie over this one (including some in my own fam). I used to argue with the flogs that sat behind me at Subi when we first made this trade when....my argument...guys like Jetta win u a flag. His kicking is next level, opens up the whole ground and means teams can't just sit in Hurn.

Love that he is now a fan fave. Legend.

HurleyHepsHird

Ghost Stories for the End of the World
Oct 2, 2011
Between the Lines
AFL Club
West Coast
lol so many eating humble pie over this one (including some in my own fam). I used to argue with the flogs that sat behind me at Subi when we first made this trade when....my argument...guys like Jetta win u a flag. His kicking is next level, opens up the whole ground and means teams can't just sit in Hurn.

Always loved him and glad the haters have to eat humble pie over this.

Stands up for his team mates, educates the young guys, seems like a great person to have around a club. WC like Hawthorn, play well drilled footy that relies heavily on role playing. It sometimes takes guys a bit to adjust, either draftees or players that have been traded for, be that Redden, Jetta, Ah Chee or whoever. But he has worked hard, like Redden and it has clicked for him. He also often stands up in big matches. Great example for why we should be patient with players.

Dec 18, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
One of my favourites. He's like the anti-Darling when it comes to big games :thumbsu:
Darling hasn't really gone missing that much. He turned our GF around, kicked 6 against a full strength Tigers outfit including Rance and Grimes, the week before kicked 4 against the giants and then kicked 3 at the G against the Pies for our first win there in 12 years or whatever it was.

He was quiet last night though.

Big Cox 88

Cancelled
Low Carb High Fat - Acolyte
Apr 1, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
AC Milan, Chelsea
ezgif-4-21bdcfaf3d24.gif

The flog can **** off seriously stupid trade

West coast are weak as piss never pull of exceptional trades

No mate pretty sure you won.

We had a contracted player in demand at our club and many others who tries his ass off week in week out. Can play ruck forward takes marks all over the ground and is always a great contributor

Instead we now have a campaigning front running flog who falters when the going gets tough and thinks and acts like he's a class above everybody

lol

djrasta213

Debutant
May 13, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
If your inside midfielders can feed the ball to Jetta, or kick the ball in front of him and allow him to run onto it you will find Jetta is an extremely damaging weapon. If you are losing the contested possessions and the inside midfielders are not winning the ball then Jetta will look very ordinary.
Amazing how spot on this guy was

frenchconnection

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
Wembley downs
AFL Club
West Coast
Darling hasn't really gone missing that much. He turned our GF around, kicked 6 against a full strength Tigers outfit including Rance and Grimes, the week before kicked 4 against the giants and then kicked 3 at the G against the Pies for our first win there in 12 years or whatever it was.

He was quiet last night though.
Not sure who it was playing on Darling but whoever it was didn't give Darling the freedom that he sometimes gets and likes so probably kudos to whoever that Collingwood player was. But at the end of the day it didn't matter as shut somebody down then somebody else bobs up. It's a team effort. And he did get his couple of goals I think in the 2nd quarter?

JCHolmes

Team Captain
Nov 30, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
He also had a few creative handballs that were just stupendous. Perfectly timed to teammates not breaking stride.

Seadog

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2004
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, West Ham

We had a couple of old farts in front of us at Subi who started abusing him as soon as he got here, eventually got too much for the missus who let them know the error of their ways in no uncertain terms, haha, they didn't go there again.

Jul 19, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Looking at Jetta play over the last couple years, the only thing that pops into my mind is "adapt or perish"

Thought he was cooked a couple years ago when his pace was diminishing. While his disposal was always elite, his pace and ability to break the lines was his biggest weapon.

Usually players blessed with pace tend to fade away once their speed starts waring off, Jetta on the other hand has been able to adapt and has changed his game. We rarely seeing Jetts running out of defence, instead he breaks the oppo zone's with his precise kicking.

Jul 19, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Looking at Jetta play over the last couple years, the only thing that pops into my mind is "adapt or perish"

Thought he was cooked a couple years ago when his pace was diminishing. While his disposal was always elite, his pace and ability to break the lines was his biggest weapon.

Usually players blessed with pace tend to fade away once their speed starts waring off, Jetta on the other hand has been able to adapt and has changed his game. We rarely seeing Jetts running out of defence, instead he breaks the oppo zone's with his precise kicking.

Kicking 50m is a lot easier then running 50m too.

Back