Toast Welcome Lewis Jetta

Dec 8, 2006
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
I have no idea how he sees what he sees. Like I'm in the stands so should have a clearer view of what's down field, most times I think he's shanked it but no, he's found someone on their own in an attacking position.

Love Jetta.

He lifts in the big games too.

And I haven't even touched on his mentoring which is probably just as, if not more valued by the club.

Happy Mastenator

Chris Masten's Sock Puppet
Apr 16, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
I have no idea how he sees what he sees. Like I'm in the stands so should have a clearer view of what's down field, most times I think he's shanked it but no, he's found someone on their own in an attacking position.

Love Jetta.

He lifts in the big games too.

And I haven't even touched on his mentoring which is probably just as, if not more valued by the club.
Could easily see him at the club in a development/liaison role with the indigenous players. They all clearly love him

Will never stop watching this at 2mins in..

The best field kick I've ever seen

I think there should be GIFs of it in this and various other threads. Not an understatement to say that kick was insanely good. How do you even spot that?

Dec 18, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Still think Hurn is a better kick than Jetta but doesn’t have the same vision that Jetts has. There’s instances when Jetta kicks the ball and you think wtf has he kicked it there only to see an eagle run onto the ball at full tilt

The other thing Jetta has is the speed/evasiveness to get himself into a better position and open the field up to find those options others don’t see
I think it's a fair assessment either way. Jetta has more shockers than Hurn for sure. Hurn's past two weeks he's had some really bad turnovers under no pressure which I wouldn't think he'd have done twice over the previous two years total.

Hurn's ability to hit the power of a kick just right to any player standing in a pocket is the best I've ever seen, his use of trajectory and power is unbelievable and he would have one shank every one thousand kicks.

Jetta's better across his body and braver with his options. Tough call to make. Has better vision as well.

Oct 17, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Easily should get another season, possibly two in the form he's in.

Real crowd favourite. Got them up and about and gave them a salute after they got into Stringer and made him spray his shot at goal.

Then at the end of the game the whole team was waiting for him to walk off and he's off down the far end on his own with Willy signing autographs.

Some of his moves in traffic are delicious. Need a GIF of that spin he did on the wing.

Ask and you shall receive my friend

I want him to either join or take over from Phil Narkle as our liaison officer when he retires.

Has he ever put a foot wrong off field?

Certainly not for us, but I can't remember any off field descretions or issues with him at Sydney. Different cat, but as square as Darling.

The wily weagle

Premiership Player
Oct 16, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Surely he will stay at the club in some kind of Indigenous development role after his career is over

Our indigenous boys all respect him and Jetta has been a terrific mentor

Ishmael_

Premiership Player
Apr 30, 2013
Six Thousand
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
South Fremantle
What about kicking coach?

I believe he mentioned on one of those Eagles podcasts that he was doing his coaches course and wants to get into coaching.

He's a total footy nut, which is quite rare amongst today's players. And apparently he just practices those kicks repeatedly at training, always upping the difficulty. Guy obviously has natural talent, but it's that training which gets you the Jetta-ssance.

Oct 17, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
I believe he mentioned on one of those Eagles podcasts that he was doing his coaches course and wants to get into coaching.

He's a total footy nut, which is quite rare amongst today's players. And apparently he just practices those kicks repeatedly at training, always upping the difficulty. Guy obviously has natural talent, but it's that training which gets you the Jetta-ssance.
Lewis Jetta to be conformed as the first Indigenous Head coach in 10 years

Sep 23, 2007
continental shelf
AFL Club
West Coast
Love Jetta and I'm certainly not having a major dig, but he consistently defends boundary-side in one-on-ones. Surely he has been told not to do this. It's happened countless times this season and just seems like such a fundamental mistake for such a high-quality player.

Feb 26, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
01D9F7BC-3784-4DF7-A83A-C13A2CBCA1B1.jpeg

Back