List Mgmt. Welcome Luke Dahlhaus as free agent (CONFIRMED & OFFICIAL 5 Oct)

Luke Dahlhaus . Do you want him at Geelong?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I've always liked LD. Nothing better than a rookie making good (JH).
I just watched his highlight reel and every highlight was an act of desperation be it a smother or tackle with little regard for his personal welfare. Reminded me of Max Rooke and that can't be a bad thing.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Reckon he's going to have a point to prove next season.

And if the stories of his salary are correct, it's not breaking the bank either in today's market especially with the rising cap.
Hope so.

Seen it said it was around $2 million for 4 years. 500k is a reasonable deal for us per year for a player of his ability. Considering you have to pay a bit more to get someone from another club. And considering the cba pay rise.

Always liked Dahlhaus and happy to have him on board. Think he's a bit surplus to requirements even if we lose Kelly, given the likes of Duncan and Menegola have been squeezed out of our midfield already, but he will no doubt strengthen our best 22 and allow Ablett/Dangerfield to play forward a bit more.

Reckon he'll have a point to prove in 2019 too.

Hope we ordered 2016 Dahlhaus and not post-2016 Dahlhaus.

Murphy giving him a rocket should have him nice and determined over the pre season at least.

I'm sort of neutral on the signing. I think he will be a good addition but over 4 years it is a bit of a risk.

I mean we signed up HT long term and we are going to have eat the last year of his contract. That was necessary as otherwise he would have went back to WA. I'm comfortable wearing it when it is for a structurally important player. When it is for a slightly above average small I'm a little more hesitant.

Im really excited about the recruitment of Dahl. He has so much to offer us. The decision to get him as an unrestricted free agent is just a no-brainer. Getting him for free trade-wise and at a very reasonable salary makes his recruitment an absolute bargain. Looking forward to him getting back to his best - something I have no doubt he will do with us.

Murphy giving him a rocket should have him nice and determined over the pre season at least.

I'm sort of neutral on the signing. I think he will be a good addition but over 4 years it is a bit of a risk.

I mean we signed up HT long term and we are going to have eat the last year of his contract. That was necessary as otherwise he would have went back to WA. I'm comfortable wearing it when it is for a structurally important player. When it is for a slightly above average small I'm a little more hesitant.

Taylor's 5-year contract ended this year. He was signed to a 1-year deal for 2019 earlier this season.

He is certainly not comfortable in front of the microphone .. I don't mind that though. Liked that he sees himself as a pressure forward.
Hopefully he can produce what Dev Smith did for the Bombers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Me too.
I think the best thing to do is expect nothing more than a "handy role playing forward".

I think he will be exactly that but I really love how we go out and trade to fix clear weaknesses. We have been extremely poor in forward half pressure and that is something that has become fundamental to success in recent years. At his best this guys strikes me as one of the better forward half pressure players going around. Especially when you add what he can do with ball in hand. If he gets his head down he will be a very very good acquisition!

Loved Dahl to bits - one of our few shining lights throughout 2011-2014, arguably my favourite player during that period. The spark or x-factor from his early days seems to have faded over the last couple of years (whether this is related to age or injuries, I'm not certain), though he is still a heart and soul player who always gives 100%, so with any luck the classic change of environment and a good pre-season could see him regain that spark.

Im really excited about the recruitment of Dahl. He has so much to offer us. The decision to get him as an unrestricted free agent is just a no-brainer. Getting him for free trade-wise and at a very reasonable salary makes his recruitment an absolute bargain. Looking forward to him getting back to his best - something I have no doubt he will do with us.
No matter how well he plays next year, some on here will still call it a loss. Great pick up, fingers crossed he gets back to his form of a year or two ago.

He is not free, we will be paying him a very good wage.

Hope he earns it.

He is not free, we will be paying him a very good wage.

Hope he earns it.
Thus why he said “trade-wise”...

I think he will, especially if CS tells him pressure and tackling is his job a la Dev Smith. I re-watched the Geel vs. WB game from last year and liked what I saw in 9 tackles and some very quick and creative hands. That was a crazy game though. Duncan and Scooter had 35 tackles between them and Zac Smith out-tackled Dahl with 12!

If Cockatoo gets himself right, you’d imagine that about fixes our forward-half pressure problem.

Really happy to get him across. Being back home (even though Melbourne isn't far away) He might just find a new lease on footy life. He will fit in well with the group too. Not to mention players at new clubs always have something to prove. He will have a better year than last, guaranteed.

Dahlhaus looks terrific in the Hoops

43142956_10216864538586945_4991129405318234112_o.jpg

Back