List Mgmt. Welcome Luke Dahlhaus as free agent (CONFIRMED & OFFICIAL 5 Oct)

Luke Dahlhaus . Do you want him at Geelong?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Dahlhaus looks terrific in the Hoops

43142956_10216864538586945_4991129405318234112_o.jpg
He's the spittin image of a turtle I had as a kid,yep I painted him in the Cats colours.:D

He's the spittin image of a turtle I had as a kid,yep I painted him in the Cats colours.:D

Not a real, live turtle I hope? :eek:

There's just something about him, that exudes that 'Geelong Look'. Harley had it, Ottens too + also Bartel, wonder if it's the blue eyes?

Just read on AFL.com that Bulldogs have received a compensation pick for losing Luke Dahlhaus to the Cats.

Triple M
"Dahlhaus joined Geelong as an unrestricted free agent on Friday.

But because the Bulldogs have already traded their second-round pick, the compensation pick they just received from the AFL will follow the traded pick which is currently 25.

The Dogs traded the pick last year to the Brisbane Lions in exchange for Josh Schache."

I just don't understand this compensation pick?

There's just something about him, that exudes that 'Geelong Look'. Harley had it, Ottens too + also Bartel, wonder if it's the blue eyes?

Just read on AFL.com that Bulldogs have received a compensation pick for losing Luke Dahlhaus to the Cats.

Triple M

But because the Bulldogs have already traded their second-round pick, the compensation pick they just received from the AFL will follow the traded pick which is currently 25.

The Dogs traded the pick last year to the Brisbane Lions in exchange for Josh Schache."

Just one of those things the AFL has come up with. Somebody leaves a club after years of service and everybody else lower on the draft schedule from a AFL determined pick spot gets penalized and moves down a notch. :think:

Just one of those things the AFL has come up with. Somebody leaves a club after years of service and everybody else lower on the draft schedule from a AFL determined pick spot gets penalized and moves down a notch. :think:
Oh, OK, so I'm not mad for thinking it's unfair?

Thanks Spearman.

nope, you're not at all. You can mad AND mad, cause it's, you know, the AFL. :D
I distance myself so that I won't be mad, nor mad, like with I do with religion and politics.:)
but imagine the a club or a potential draftee, both do the calculations and feeling they will get what they wished for, then some players somewhere decides to jump teams and on draft day that club or that draftee gets shafted by the having that extra pick given ahead of them, that would make anyone mad. at best, compensation for free agents leaving is silly, baffling, and counter-intuitive to concept of free-agency.

Triple M

Yep Tommy was a the star of the hood everyone loved Tommy..

He might play forward in the short term, but I'd be shocked if he's not primarily a midfielder by the end of that contract. We have very few other options in that 25 year old bracket.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can see the convo with PFD and LD now..

PFD - SO here the deal.. im kinda a big deal at the Cattery. Now I can get you in - I KNOW people - and we can make this work... but its gonna cost ya.

LD - Game on Cuz..... what you got..... I'll take it .what ever you need..

PFD - Sweet... so basically Im not a fan of this 2 way running thing... Im more of the "out in front" bloke. So your offensive numbers can be whatever you want them to be but your defensive numbers have to be club best to cover me not doing it.... K!

LD.. ahh sure..

GO Catters

Well, Champion Data are impressed with our acquisition if we use him where he says we will.
Not to be a smart ass - but how are his rankings as a 21 year old relevant & reflective of him as a 26 year old?

I hope we do use him primarily in a small forward type role, just not sure if his rankings from 5-years ago are truly reflective of how'd he go in that role though - would've been happier if they said as a 25-year old...

Good to see some positivity on here. I'm hoping we see more of the old dreadlock Dahlhaus at the Cats. He'll be a good pick up. If we lose Menzel and Kelly he'll be pretty valuable.
Whether Menzel goes or stays, it’s obvious he’s behind Dahlaus and Rohan in 2019 These two wouldn’t even be coming to Geelong if the likes of Menzel was doing his job. Menzel should try and get himself a contract elsewhere.....otherwise it’s the VFL for him. Simples

I could wear a front half built around dahl/menz/rohan/hawk/Sav and JJ. Threatening in the air, pressure on the ground with some finishing power. Dahl and Rohan are both great pressure players but neither has been accused of excessive class which is why i think Menz still has a place(assuming others can cover for his lack of pressure)

Whether Menzel goes or stays, it’s obvious he’s behind Dahlaus and Rohan in 2019 These two wouldn’t even be coming to Geelong if the likes of Menzel was doing his job. Menzel should try and get himself a contract elsewhere.....otherwise it’s the VFL for him. Simples
It's more likely that they were brought in to complement than replace Menzel. Rohan can probably playe the Menzel role when he needs a rest or is injured, but otherwise is a pacy pressure player, more of a flanker. If Sav gets fit and firing as the genuine second tall, then it might be Menzel vs Rowan. Just my opinion but I see them wanting the likes of Narkle and Parfitt more in midfield, McCarthy and Gregson are gone, the days of Parsons filling in are probably over - so those types are who I see these two replacing.

so I'm not mad for thinking it's unfair?
no, there must be other reasons why you are mad kitty :)
I’ve not heard one person suggest Dahlaus is anything but a gain.
I agree, as long as he has to both earn his spot and hold it. i just don't want him to be an automatic selection.

no, there must be other reasons why you are mad kitty :)

I agree, as long as he has to both earn his spot and hold it. i just don't want him to be an automatic selection.
NOBODY should be an automatic selection. Thats the problem with Geelong.....too many are

Back