List Mgmt. Welcome Luke Dahlhaus as free agent (CONFIRMED & OFFICIAL 5 Oct)

Luke Dahlhaus . Do you want him at Geelong?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Been asked to explore his options coach is on record saying lost faith in his body. I would think it's unlikely he is a geelong player going forward
He has been relatively poor when tried in defence; forward or nothing.

Dahlhaus was capable of a 28 goal season playing as a small forward at 21 years of age in a bottom 4 side, could easily get Menzel's goal return out of him IMHO, his last couple years goals stats shouldn't be looked at he either played midfield or as a high half forward, doubt he's forgot how to play the role.

One thing we're forgetting in the Kelly debacle is that for the 2019 season he's still a Geelong Player.

This means our midfield has GAJ, J Selwood, Danger, Duncan, Kelly, Menengola and now Dahlhaus...

I actually think Luke will play plenty of midfield minutes and constable and miers will come in as well. So cant see the cats giving menz a contract but possibly murda. And I don’t think they feel obligated after menz went looking in Adelaide last year. So writing on the board sadly. Four years out and three and bit years back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dahlhaus is a career 20+ possession player, I reckon he'll play midfield this year and get leather poisoning.

He tackles like a madman and will probably be a good foil between Selwood and Dangerfield.

Ablett will play forward next year I hope.
I think Dahl might play up forward at least sometimes in the short term, but he'll definitely transition into the midfield over the course of his time with us.

Dahlhaus was capable of a 28 goal season playing as a small forward at 21 years of age in a bottom 4 side, could easily get Menzel's goal return out of him IMHO, his last couple years goals stats shouldn't be looked at he either played midfield or as a high half forward, doubt he's forgot how to play the role.
So a long time ago he once averaged 1.27 goals a season and hasnt got close to that since. Whilst menzel has averaged 1.83, 2.08 and 2.11 goals a game in his recent 3 seasons.

Im sorry but your reasoning is absurd.

Gee...people on here happy to discard Menzel without a second thought...a range of players nominated to take his spot...

I, for one, would like to see him in the hoops next year. He's a 30+ goal kicker and his time off the field this year was a reaction to a medication rather than an on-field injury.

Yes, I know he needs to be managed, but he's worth the investment IMO

Gee...people on here happy to discard Menzel without a second thought...a range of players nominated to take his spot...

I, for one, would like to see him in the hoops next year. He's a 30+ goal kicker and his time off the field this year was a reaction to a medication rather than an on-field injury.

I don't want him kicking 30+ unless he's in exceptional form... Vdubs and I are discussing how late in the season he should start to ensure readiness for finals.

He's a 30+ goal kicker and his time off the field this year was a reaction to a medication rather than an on-field injury.
40+ if he can stay on the field as much as Hawkins

Given we offered Crameri a lifeline last year it would be big change in policy to dump a much loved (and better performed) player a year later. He must be kept as depth at least, but I am worried.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given we offered Crameri a lifeline last year it would be big change in policy to dump a much loved (and better performed) player a year later. He must be kept as depth at least, but I am worried.
Yeah , but he is injury prone and can't be relied upon*

* despite playing as many or more games than scooter, both Guthries, Cockatoo and Taylor in 2018

Clubs are more likely to keep someone on the list with injury problems than recruit them. Perhaps the Cats push that though as we love to recruit injury prone players. The time I'll believe what you're saying is when Menzel is healthy and the club decide to play him predominantly in the VFL. It could happen next season, we will see. I can see why Geelong hold onto him while others don't chase him, you can't. Fair enough, end of discussion.

Menzel Delisted case closed

So am I, but we are moving on I think.

I’m not sure who of menz or murda will get a contract-possibly neither.

Watching summary of ‘11 and gosh he was a star in waiting.

Him and Egan; gawd. Just unbelievably bad luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Apparently Menzel is having a medical + meeting with the Swans.

Both were delisted, not so sad about Murda, but as you said in 2011, Menzel was the most promising gun! Such a tragedy.

Back