Topkent

Cancelled
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
He could be a Travis Boak type if he dedicated himself.

stEdy

Club Legend
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Travis Boak is one of the most durable, well rounded and hard working midfielders of the last 20 years. He's 33 and churning out seasons worthy of AA.

If Luke Dunstan can become as good as Boak with some dedication I'll punch myself in the dick

Topkent

Cancelled
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Travis Boak is one of the most durable, well rounded and hard working midfielders of the last 20 years. He's 33 and churning out seasons worthy of AA.

If Luke Dunstan can become as good as Boak with some dedication I'll punch myself in the dick
Yeah not saying he can match his career mate.
Boaks a slow, not agile, not quick and not especially brilliant anything mid.

He's a strong, long kicking consistent mid.
If Dunstan wants to break into our side that's the type of player he should model himself on because Boak wasn't much chop at 26

stEdy

Club Legend
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Boak at 26 was captain of Port, had won 2 All Australians and come runner up in their BnF twice.

I'll stop there as I see what you're saying in that Boak doesn't have many classical "stand out" traits. He's also one of the most professional players in the league which is hard to replicate.

Dunstan is a very limited player. I think it's not a bad move given our lack of senior bodies in the midfield, the price, Viney's foot and the midfield studs we already have, but Dunstan ain't going to be winning any AA for us.

Topkent

Cancelled
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Boak at 26 was captain of Port, had won 2 All Australians and come runner up in their BnF twice.

I'll stop there as I see what you're saying in that Boak doesn't have many classical "stand out" traits. He's also one of the most professional players in the league which is hard to replicate.

Dunstan is a very limited player. I think it's not a bad move given our lack of senior bodies in the midfield, the price, Viney's foot and the midfield studs we already have, but Dunstan ain't going to be winning any AA for us.

Again your comparing his CV. Dunstan won't achieve that.
What I'm saying is that he if he wants to make it at AFL level that's they player her should look to emulate. He's never gonna be an Oliver/Bont/Dusty etc.

Islanda22

Club Legend
Feb 11, 2014
Australia
AFL Club
Melbourne
Great pickup and is an upgrade on what we have lost so far (Jones and Vandenberg)

He will be in our best 22 (23)

A11dAtP0w3R

Strong Premiership DNA
Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers. Zach Wilson.
such a quiet offseason for a Melbourne supporter, if you didn't know better you'd swear it was 2012 or something and we were a shambles, only being able to sign Dunstan in free agency.

So weird being a successful and stable club.

Dory_77

Spec Moderator
Apr 2, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
I think some of the info on players is pulled from the AFL site, i.e. the stats/pics so if the AFL update the photo then it would automatically change on the Saints page. I vaguely recall seeing similar things for other traded players.

markm106

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Had a look back through his numbers this year. Can see him being fringe best 22. But an injury to one of our inside mids will give him a good shot. He’s fighting with Jordon and Sparrow to. Although I think on exposed form a expected development Sparrow a lock. Dunstan will play games though. He’s great depth to have.

Dory_77

Spec Moderator
Apr 2, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Had a look back through his numbers this year. Can see him being fringe best 22. But an injury to one of our inside mids will give him a good shot. He’s fighting with Jordon and Sparrow to. Although I think on exposed form a expected development Sparrow a lock. Dunstan will play games though. He’s great depth to have.
Based on Viney's history with his foot I'd expect him to miss 2-3 games at least (possibly a suspension too). Dunstan is handy cover for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad