#27 Luke Dunstan – retired

Remove this Banner Ad

He could be a Travis Boak type if he dedicated himself.

Travis Boak is one of the most durable, well rounded and hard working midfielders of the last 20 years. He's 33 and churning out seasons worthy of AA.

If Luke Dunstan can become as good as Boak with some dedication I'll punch myself in the dick

Travis Boak is one of the most durable, well rounded and hard working midfielders of the last 20 years. He's 33 and churning out seasons worthy of AA.

If Luke Dunstan can become as good as Boak with some dedication I'll punch myself in the dick
Yeah not saying he can match his career mate.
Boaks a slow, not agile, not quick and not especially brilliant anything mid.

He's a strong, long kicking consistent mid.
If Dunstan wants to break into our side that's the type of player he should model himself on because Boak wasn't much chop at 26

Boak at 26 was captain of Port, had won 2 All Australians and come runner up in their BnF twice.

I'll stop there as I see what you're saying in that Boak doesn't have many classical "stand out" traits. He's also one of the most professional players in the league which is hard to replicate.

Dunstan is a very limited player. I think it's not a bad move given our lack of senior bodies in the midfield, the price, Viney's foot and the midfield studs we already have, but Dunstan ain't going to be winning any AA for us.

Boak at 26 was captain of Port, had won 2 All Australians and come runner up in their BnF twice.

I'll stop there as I see what you're saying in that Boak doesn't have many classical "stand out" traits. He's also one of the most professional players in the league which is hard to replicate.

Dunstan is a very limited player. I think it's not a bad move given our lack of senior bodies in the midfield, the price, Viney's foot and the midfield studs we already have, but Dunstan ain't going to be winning any AA for us.

Again your comparing his CV. Dunstan won't achieve that.
What I'm saying is that he if he wants to make it at AFL level that's they player her should look to emulate. He's never gonna be an Oliver/Bont/Dusty etc.

Great pickup and is an upgrade on what we have lost so far (Jones and Vandenberg)

He will be in our best 22 (23)

such a quiet offseason for a Melbourne supporter, if you didn't know better you'd swear it was 2012 or something and we were a shambles, only being able to sign Dunstan in free agency.

So weird being a successful and stable club.

Had a look back through his numbers this year. Can see him being fringe best 22. But an injury to one of our inside mids will give him a good shot. He’s fighting with Jordon and Sparrow to. Although I think on exposed form a expected development Sparrow a lock. Dunstan will play games though. He’s great depth to have.

Had a look back through his numbers this year. Can see him being fringe best 22. But an injury to one of our inside mids will give him a good shot. He’s fighting with Jordon and Sparrow to. Although I think on exposed form a expected development Sparrow a lock. Dunstan will play games though. He’s great depth to have.
Based on Viney's history with his foot I'd expect him to miss 2-3 games at least (possibly a suspension too). Dunstan is handy cover for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jones and vanders played 10 between them in 2021 with a great injury run. Dunstan will play at least half a dozen games this year.
Can’t wait until The Western™️ fans claim that our depth was never tested because we had Dunstan to step into the team

Question, did Goodwin lie to Luke Dunstan?

Surely Dunstan was offered more playing time etc.? I'm pretty sure that I saw a sit down interview where Goodwin certainly led Dunstan and his manager to believe that he was much more than an injury reserve?

Question, did Goodwin lie to Luke Dunstan?

Surely Dunstan was offered more playing time etc.? I'm pretty sure that I saw a sit down interview where Goodwin certainly led Dunstan and his manager to believe that he was much more than an injury reserve?
I don't think it really matters, and even if he did say that there's an easy out for Goody that his form hasn't been good enough. Surely Dunstan, an irregular for the Saints, didn't think he'd walk into a premiership midfield.

I don't think it really matters, and even if he did say that there's an easy out for Goody that his form hasn't been good enough. Surely Dunstan, an irregular for the Saints, didn't think he'd walk into a premiership midfield.
I don't like lying. It's not a good look. Looking at a guy square in the eyes and lying to his face. I don't think it's really relevant whether he was a regular at the saints or not, it's on Goodwin. And he chose to lie to him just so he'd have the luxury of an extra depth player.

I don't like lying. It's not a good look. Looking at a guy square in the eyes and lying to his face. I don't think it's really relevant whether he was a regular at the saints or not, it's on Goodwin. And he chose to lie to him just so he'd have the luxury of an extra depth player.

So Goodwin is lying to him now because of an interview you vaguely remember?

JFC

had to click "show ignored content" to see what the hubbub was about, feel justified in my decision to ignore. 🎓🎓
Don’t give in to the show ignored content urge. I find it hard but I’ve learned not to now

Not that it matters , but as far as I remember Dunstan was the one wanted to come to us, not sure we promised him a single thing.

Wonder if Danster was this upset when Weid weirdly re-signed with us also. Goody must have held him and his manager at gun point and told them "you'll sign the ******* contract now If you know what's good for you"

Not that it matters , but as far as I remember Dunstan was the one wanted to come to us, not sure we promised him a single thing.

Wonder if Danster was this upset when Weid weirdly re-signed with us also. Goody must have held him and his manager at gun point and told them "you'll sign the ******* contract now If you know what's good for you"
I think we should play everyone we have signed regardless to make sure feelings don’t get hurt

Remove this Banner Ad

Back