Player Watch Welcome - Matt Coulthard - Pick 4 MSD 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Miller isn’t the discussion here it’s two players that have are competing for the same spot.
Tiger out of Coulthard and Steely who do you think played better and looked more dangerous? I think from what I saw that some are pumping up his tires too quickly. As for Mansel well how the f is he getting a game I can't compare anyone to him from the list as they are all better lol.

Tiger out of Coulthard and Steely who do you think played better and looked more dangerous? I think from what I saw that some are pumping up his tires too quickly. As for Mansel well how the f is he getting a game I can't compare anyone to him from the list as they are all better lol.
I rated Coulthard the better small forward with potential to make it bc he looked more the natural electric type with the excellent vacuum low ground ball skills. Also I liked the way he attacked the goals as he just looked sharper and more dangerous.

I watched/streamed the game too. I would not say he had a lot of it and it is hard to say how many minutes he actually played, but gee he is smart quick and moves very very well. The play he made in I think it was the 3rd quarter when he took possesion, ran forward under presessure, balked and kicked a longish goal on his left was an exeptional play and undoubtedly the best play/goal of the day from anyone on the ground. If that is a sample of what is coming from Matt I cant wait.
He had 14pos, 5 marks, 3 tackles and a goal

I rated Coulthard the better small forward with potential to make it bc he looked more the natural electric type with the excellent vacuum low ground ball skills. Also I liked the way he attacked the goals as he just looked sharper and more dangerous.
Should get his AFL debut this week. Absolute Jet. Natural footballer who will run all day and will get better the higher the standard. Is more your Lambert high half forward who gets to the feet of marking contest and has the speed to get to the next contest before the ball gets there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it won't change your mind but watch the replay again and see how much grunt work Mansell does, some of his tackles were ferocious and well deserves his spot atm. On the other hand I cannot see any benefits from MRJ even at his best is very one dimension.

we would be creaming our panties if MJ posted these stats.
Does MJ wear panties?

No seriously, Coulthard should make his AFL debut this week. Class above at VFL, Natural footballer who knows where to be and when, amazing running patterns, stamina speed and connection.

He is not a pressure forward, he is like an electric version of Titch, Lambert and Castagna all bundled into one.

Watch the VFL game and see how he started to get to Bradtkes feet in the marking contest and then became his best option into space down the line. Incredible running for a first game.

Will be better again at AFL level. This club needs speed but more importantly the club need something to get excited about and this man is it. Get him in the side.

Thinking the very same thing!!!! His favourite song is by Donovan...they call me mellow yellow...
I would have thought The Intergalactic Laxative would have been closer to the mark

I would have thought The Intergalactic Laxative would have been closer to the mark
Soul Train Funk GIF

I don't know it, can you sing the first few bars for me...

Last edited:
I spoke to my man to see what he knew about Coulthard. He said they knew about him so he wasn't just plucked from obscurity. He said as a junior he was the skinniest kid he's seen come through the system. Apparently, they put a GPS on him in a preseason practice match and he ran 17kms which would put him 2nd the AFL for distance covered in a match this season and his speed was elite too.

So he clearly has a very good tank and a rare combination of speed, endurance and skill. Could be a gem.

Interesting Michaels said on Tigercast that he only qualified for MSD 3 weeks ago possibly meaning RFC had him in their sights for some time.

I spoke to my man to see what he knew about Coulthard. He said they knew about him so he wasn't just plucked from obscurity. He said as a junior he was the skinniest kid he's seen come through the system. Apparently, they put a GPS on him in a preseason practice match and he ran 17kms which would put him 2nd the AFL for distance covered in a match this season and his speed was elite too.

So he clearly has a very good tank and a rare combination of speed, endurance and skill. Could be a gem.
Farkn hell, thats insane.

He's smart too - strapped his GPS to a rabbit before the game.

jonah hill television GIF

Get him in!

I thought they were pretty even. There's something about Green. The ball seems to fall his way ala Nathan Brown, Toby Greene style small mediums that work well in tight spaces and make the most of their opportunities. Could easily have kicked 5 goals

Interesting Michaels said on Tigercast that he only qualified for MSD 3 weeks ago possibly meaning RFC had him in their sights for some time.
Yeah they changed the rules a week before the draft, so he only became eligible when he played his 3rd and final game for Glenelg seniors the week before.

Yeah they changed the rules a week before the draft, so he only became eligible when he played his 3rd and final game for Glenelg seniors the week before.
Did you hear .... he kicked 4 goals in that game ..... I hear he is related to Plugger on his Mother's side.... it was actually 4 goals in a quarter..... 😅

Remove this Banner Ad

Back