Welcome Matt White

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess that means that we thought that someone was going to pick him in the rookie draft before our first pick, which I believe was the only case in which we would use our PSD pick.

Never seen him play. Don't know much about him except that he is from Calder and had some injury troubles during the year.

kretchy said:
I guess that means that we thought that someone was going to pick him in the rookie draft before our first pick, which I believe was the only case in which we would use our PSD pick.

Never seen him play. Don't know much about him except that he is from Calder and had some injury troubles during the year.
And he is Fast

cogs24 said:
Welcome to Tigerland Matty, Pick 5 in the PSD
Was he the Kid they featured in Sundays Hun as being "EXTREMELY" stiff to have not been drafted the last two years ?

Young developing ruckman ?

If this is so then i am more than pleased

Greg Millers poker face comes to the fore again ..... kudos GM

From www.footydraft.com

Matt White
Details:
Club: Sunbury/Calder Cannons
DOB: 15 April 1987 Hgt: 178cm Wgt: 74kg
Position: Midfield
Natural Foot: Right

Honours:
Vic Metro U16 2003
Victorian Screening 2004
Victorian Screening 2005

Articles:
Marathon man Matt fires the Cannons - Herald Sun June 11th 2005

Statistics:
2004 TAC Cup: 16 games, 5 goals, 10.8 PPG
2005 TAC Cup: 15 games, 7 goals, average 19.1 PPG, 9 times in best

Awards:
TAC Cup Morrish Medal: 11 votes
TAC Cup Coaches Award: 16 votes

Background:
Made his TAC Cup debut back in 2003 as a 16 year old for the Calder Cannons and also represented Vic Metro U16 in the same year. In his 17 year old season at the Cannons he played 16 matches and was looked at in Victorian State Screening but passed on in the draft. A bad run with injuries this season saw him miss vital finals matches and also miss the Under-18 championships. His explosive pace is by far his greatest attribute, and he is more than capable around stoppages.

Strengths:
- Pace – line breaker/ball carrier
- Good in close/stoppages
- Strong endurance runner
- Good 1%ers

Weaknesses:
- Missed a lot of footy with injury this year
- Can be hit and miss with his disposal by foot
- He doesn’t take many marks – average 1.7 per game in 2004 and 2.7 per game in 2005

Footydraft.com comment:
Has played some terrific footy, but the consistency has not been there this year due to injury problems. It was also a bit surprising to see him only be nominated for screening. Given those two factors, he might slip down the draft order a bit. Could go as early as mid to late second round or slip right down into the 50s but it would be a surprise to see him miss being drafted.

IDGAF said:
Was he the Kid they featured in Sundays Hun as being "EXTREMELY" stiff to have not been drafted the last two years ?

Not a ruckman, far from it

Matt White - Miller had him around the 40 mark on the whiteboard but casserly was still available.

Details:
Club: Sunbury/Calder Cannons
DOB: 15 April 1987 Hgt: 178cm Wgt: 74kg
Position: Midfield
Natural Foot: Right

Honours:
Vic Metro U16 2003
Victorian Screening 2004
Victorian Screening 2005

Articles:
Marathon man Matt fires the Cannons - Herald Sun June 11th 2005

Statistics:
2004 TAC Cup: 16 games, 5 goals, 10.8 PPG
2005 TAC Cup: 15 games, 7 goals, average 19.1 PPG, 9 times in best

Awards:
TAC Cup Morrish Medal: 11 votes
TAC Cup Coaches Award: 16 votes

Background:
Made his TAC Cup debut back in 2003 as a 16 year old for the Calder Cannons and also represented Vic Metro U16 in the same year. In his 17 year old season at the Cannons he played 16 matches and was looked at in Victorian State Screening but passed on in the draft. A bad run with injuries this season saw him miss vital finals matches and also miss the Under-18 championships. His explosive pace is by far his greatest attribute, and he is more than capable around stoppages.

Strengths:
- Pace – line breaker/ball carrier
- Good in close/stoppages
- Strong endurance runner
- Good 1%ers

Weaknesses:
- Missed a lot of footy with injury this year
- Can be hit and miss with his disposal by foot
- He doesn’t take many marks – average 1.7 per game in 2004 and 2.7 per game in 2005

Footydraft.com comment:
Has played some terrific footy, but the consistency has not been there this year due to injury problems. It was also a bit surprising to see him only be nominated for screening. Given those two factors, he might slip down the draft order a bit. Could go as early as mid to late second round or slip right down into the 50s but it would be a surprise to see him miss being drafted.

sounds like a lively type if he can remain injury free.
obviously needs to add to his 74kg frame if he still wants to be an in and under player in the afl.

tiger coll said:
sounds like a lively type if he can remain injury free.
obviously needs to add to his 74kg frame if he still wants to be an in and under player in the afl.
Yeh true but i think they took him in the PSd because they thought he would be able to play next year

IDGAF said:

We now have a ruckman.
Welcome Angus Graham

sounds like a good kid. glad we didnt pick recycled rubbish. rofl at cupido and zantuck wondering why they no longer have an afl career.

Darth_Tiger said:
sounds like a good kid. glad we didnt pick recycled rubbish. rofl at cupido and zantuck wondering why they no longer have an afl career.
Yes DT

there is justice in this world

LMAO @ all the bomber faithfull telling us in a different more professional environment they could make a player out of him .

Great call Lloydy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he is now the best runner at the tigers

15.3 on beep test, quickest bloke at tigers and a good kick
congrats to him

IDGAF said:
Yes DT

there is justice in this world

LMAO @ all the bomber faithfull telling us in a different more professional environment they could make a player out of him .

Great call Lloydy

did you see the article (i think in the HUN) about how cupido has learned his lesson and would work hard if given a chance. LMAO!

just a question, how come when we talk about the pace of the new recruits we leave out danny meyer...he's just as quick as any1 else on the paddock?? just curious.

MVFC__ said:
'Cause you can only have so many 178cm players in the side.

Can't see Tambling, Foley, Krakouer, White and co. in the same 22.

Only 3 played under 180 cm on our list
Krakouer 174cm
White 178 cm
Foley 177 cm

nugget_12 said:
just a question, how come when we talk about the pace of the new recruits we leave out danny meyer...he's just as quick as any1 else on the paddock?? just curious.
because Danny isnt as popular as Brett Deledio and Bling, but he is fast and was a great sprinter

240494ah.jpg

he looks a lot like jeff white,i wonder if they are related?.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back