Player Watch Welcome Max Ramsden, Pick 6 2022 MSD - Debuts!

Remove this Banner Ad

interesting thought but if we could get him a full time game after the bye against the dogs he would be a really interesting type to play the sub for the remainder of the year, it would fast track him for next year and he would be the most versatile player on our list for a mix of positions.
A couple of games late as a fwd flanker.

Was training today needs to fill out will know more about him next year after a pre season. He seems to have the tank according to his running times but would like to see how much he can endure. Because pre season is physical and mental torture. There has been a large focus on physicality this preseason I don't think that's going to change over the next few

Was training today needs to fill out will know more about him next year after a pre season. He seems to have the tank according to his running times but would like to see how much he can endure. Because pre season is physical and mental torture. There has been a large focus on physicality this preseason I don't think that's going to change over the next few
Will he play box hill? Or is he doing a program (Ie strength) before we let him play?

Great to hear about Scrim but if you don’t mind me asking why does Ward seem not ready?
Watch Mitchell's interview on the website. As a club, they're being very conservative with concussion. Already put a line through him this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really hope Ramsden can develop into the role of playing as the forward/second ruck. We haven’t one since David Hale.

After stating an 18 month contract in his MSD (which I am sure was encouraged by the Hawks (my conjecture = after they told him they would take him no matter what if he was available) for mine Ramsden has a years honeymoon before I expect anything from him.
As others have suggested it makes sense for him to go through an extended period of strengthening with VFL game time fitting around his strengthening, and not the other way around.

He is very aerobically fit and so maybe he can do both, but I’d prefer to see a Monkey-honed ruckman and a Hale-honed tall fwd over a player ruined by being smashed in the VFL before being ready.

Time is not of the essence, wins are liked but no Hawk fan feels this is our year.

We can wait.

Side note: Ramsden, Long, and Ward… all elite runners. Coincidence? I think not.

Last edited:
Fingers crossed as a duo Ned is our pure ruck and Ramsden the athletic backup type that can go forward or back for the next decade 🤞
I agree with that generally, but I think Ned has shown glimpses of strong marking and good set shots in the forward line that he could spend extended periods in the attack as well. I am really liking his development

Would have thought he'd spend 2 - 3 years at BHH with a handful of AFL games across years 2 and 3, before starting to make a name for himself.

Hopefully he has a big pre-season, can put on some kegs and shows some signs at BHH next year.

Am not convicned Max Lynch is the answer.

Would have thought he'd spend 2 - 3 years at BHH with a handful of AFL games across years 2 and 3, before starting to make a name for himself.

Hopefully he has a big pre-season, can put on some kegs and shows some signs at BHH next year.

Am not convicned Max Lynch is the answer.
Yep exactly. Ned Reeves took maybe 4 years with plenty of posters here ripping into his selection. Now proving to be a beauty. These types take a fair whack of time to develop.

Side note: Ramsden, Long, and Ward… all elite runners. Coincidence? I think not.

I think Butler and McDonald also recorded seriously good results for endurance running.

We also have players like Mitch Lewis who runs 14km+ as a KPP.

I think its clear that Sam intends to build a team full of runners as he thinks that is a key attribute in the modern game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back