Player Watch Welcome Max Ramsden, Pick 6 2022 MSD - Debuts!

Remove this Banner Ad

Making his debut for Box Hill today. I really hope he’s the forward/second ruck we’ve been searching for.
hold your expectations for now. He’s green.

Did he end up playing much in the forward line? I only watched the second quarter and he seemed mostly in the ruck. Did ok from the little I saw.
He played mainly as a fwd after starting predominantly in the ruck early on.

Saw his game on the weekend and I loved his effort. After competing in the ruck he tried to operate as an outside midfielder which was really noticeable. He got smashed by an AFL standard ruckman and he's a long way off so it's going to be a wait. I'm looking forward to seeing him play against a better matchup.

Fair dinkum query ... can someone please explain why Monkhurst is so revered? Is it because of his demeanour and cult figure status? Our rucks haven't really been the masters of their craft, yet the bloke is idolised.

Fair dinkum query ... can someone please explain why Monkhurst is so revered? Is it because of his demeanour and cult figure status? Our rucks haven't really been the masters of their craft, yet the bloke is idolised.
not that this really answers your question but David Hale was absolutely a master of his craft

I don't like going too early, but I reckon Reeves will be one of the top AFL rucks within a few years. Pittonet developed nicely as well but unfortunately couldn't wait.

Monky is a good teacher of limiting an opponent. He’s taught, Hale, McEvoy, Bailey, Pittonett and others how to nullify others strengths and get into the right spot to blanket bigger and better rucks.

Monky is a good teacher of limiting an opponent. He’s taught, Hale, McEvoy, Bailey, Pittonett and others how to nullify others strengths and get into the right spot to blanket bigger and better rucks.

None of our rucks have been really athletic with decent height and leaps. Not sure Monky has had a lot to work with.

Expect Ramsden is a 3 - 4 year project, meanign we need another experienced player on the list at year's end as I am really not covinced on Lynch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would have thought Ned Reeves is a great example of Monkhurst's value as a ruck coach.

Saw his game on the weekend and I loved his effort. After competing in the ruck he tried to operate as an outside midfielder which was really noticeable. He got smashed by an AFL standard ruckman and he's a long way off so it's going to be a wait. I'm looking forward to seeing him play against a better matchup.

I agree, his ruckwork wasn't neccessarily anything to write home about but he absolutely showed a couple of glimpses around the ground with some nice clean hands.

He seems to have really good ruck craft, often trying to be really fancy with taps 360 and looks a natural but just doesn't have the strength and body to compete yet.

Has all the makings of the modern afl player, huge running power and neat around the ground / coupled with ruck and forward development and he can basically play 80% of positions on the ground.

Still not quite sure how blanck and Ramsden (plus some others from other clubs) end up in the mid season with the amount of tapes they watch, Covid has definitely helped us here.

I haven't scrolled through all the comments on this page, so I apologise in advance if it has already been discussed.

Let's say Max played a full season at Oakleigh, at the same rate he started the year, does anyone have any indication of where he could have gone in this years national draft?

I haven't scrolled through all the comments on this page, so I apologise in advance if it has already been discussed.

Let's say Max played a full season at Oakleigh, at the same rate he started the year, does anyone have any indication of where he could have gone in this years national draft?

Wasn't he from the Dragons?

Hard to say. IMO his ceiling is Tim English who was drafted at Pick 19 but being a year older probably means Ramsden went somewhere between 20-40 in the open draft.

I've seen enough at Box Hill today. We've got one.
Tell GIF by Grease Live

Remove this Banner Ad

Back