Welcome Welcome National Draft Pick #13 - Jordan Gallucci

Remove this Banner Ad

My heart always goes out to those that are not drafted. Hope and disappointment. Darn tough. For that chance would be prepared to pack a bag to anywhere.
How would Villis be feeling .....guaranteed drafted to having to withdraw, he would be the flatest of flat .....probably never to play again

Just watched his highlights package again. Kicking action looks a bit suspect, but some of those clearances and break aways from the pack were salivating! Plus looks like he can snag a goal or two. Really excited about this one
the interesting thing about his kicking action is how short and compact it is, it's not a thing of beauty like Milera's but that classic action requires more space to get away. Gooch's action seems to allow him to distribute quite accurately, and very quickly off half a step or two which is pretty exciting.

the set shot is going to need some work though.

Fact:
I complained about the drafting position of English all pre-draft :) .......lad came back to get his revenge on me :( .......he gets taken in top 10 & we get either Venables or Brodie ...fact

Don't think i'll forget this either you giant string bean

the interesting thing about his kicking action is how short and compact it is, it's not a thing of beauty like Milera's but that classic action requires more space to get away. Gooch's action seems to allow him to distribute quite accurately, and very quickly off half a step or two which is pretty exciting.

the set shot is going to need some work though.
I've seen him live 4 or 5 times and thought his technique suits short and medium distance kicking - and he is really good at hitting up guys at 15-30m distances ( and good on his left)

When he's running flat out and trying to kick long his technique needs to change to get more leverage but he loses all shape and this is when he tends to spray a few .... And when he sprays one it usually hits the point post

Fact:
I complained about the drafting position of English all pre-draft :) .......lad came back to get his revenge on me :( .......he gets taken in top 10 & we get either Venables or Brodie ...fact

Don't think i'll forget this either you giant string bean
Do we, though?

Let's say he goes to GC:

GC - English
Freo - Scrimshaw
GC - Brodie
GC - Bowes
Syd - Logue
NM - Simpkin
WCE - Venables

Do we, though?

Let's say he goes to GC:

GC - English
Freo - Scrimshaw
GC - Brodie
GC - Bowes
Syd - Logue
NM - Simpkin
WCE - Venables
Yes IMO .....Sydney took Florent because they needed outside midfield speed ....that's why i had Hayward there, but if not either of those two, they take Simpkin IMO

That means i still think Freo take Griffen ......which GC player gets cut loose to drop?? ....IMO Scrimshaw, who West Coast get, and we get Venables .......or they keep Scrimshaw and West Coast take Brodie & we still get Venables

Yes IMO .....Sydney took Florent because they needed outside midfield speed ....that's why i had Hayward there, but if not either of those two, they take Simpkin IMO

That means i still think Freo take Griffen ......which GC player gets cut loose to drop?? ....IMO Scrimshaw, who West Coast get, and we get Venables .......or they keep Scrimshaw and West Coast take Brodie & we still get Venables
Sounded like Sydney would take Brodie if there, despite their need for outside speed. Too good a prospect to let slide, if GC let him go. If they let Scrimshaw go, I reckon he gets to North.

So:

GC - English
Freo - Logue
GC - Scrimshaw/Brodie
GC - Bowes
Syd - Brodie/Florent
NM - Simpkin/Scrimshaw
WCE - Venables

Probably means Simpkin/Florent gets to our pick. Think we would have chosen Gallucci over both

We can say if the draft had fallen different we would have taken this player or that player but the more I read stories like this it's pretty clear Gallucci was always our choice if he was there or there hadn't been a monumental slider...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...t/news-story/490a0cc131c0254d9bddf261f150c254

Jordan Gallucci recruited to Adelaide with pick No. 15 in AFL National Draft
Toby Prime, Lilydale & Yarra Valley Leader
November 27, 2016 6:00pm
EASTERN Ranges talent manager Len Villani has tipped Jordan Gallucci to make a seamless transition into the AFL after Adelaide swooped on the explosive midfielder in Friday night’s national draft.

The Lilydale-raised talent was taken at pick No. 15 by the Crows and was the first of five Ranges players to find a home at the elite level.

Villani said Gallucci, 18, had the foundations to play AFL next year provided his body held up to pre-season demands.

“I know Adelaide were rapt to get him and there was no way they were going to let him go past at that pick,” Villani said.

“He is exactly what they need in terms of that breakaway power and speed.

“I think already he is going to transition into AFL level very, very quickly given his athletic prowess.”

Gallucci, who has drawn comparisons to Norm Smith Medal winner Jason Johannisen, became the fifth Ranges player picked inside the top 15 in the past five years, following in the footsteps of Jon Patton, Tom Boyd, Christian Petracca and Sam Weideman.

Essendon selected Ranges midfielder/forward Josh Begley, who bolted up draft calculations during the year to be selected at pick No. 31, and midfielder and best and fairest winner Dylan Clark, who slipped to the Bombers with pick No. 63.

Collingwood got father-son midfielder/forward Callum Brown with pick No. 35 while Sydney nabbed All-Australian full-back Jack Maibaum at pick No. 45.

Gallucci will join an Adelaide midfield flush with talent, including Rory Sloane the Crouch brothers, Matt and Brad, as well as emerging players Cam Ellis-Yolmen, Charlie Cameron, Wayne Milera and Paul Seedsman.

Gallucci, who was co-captain of Vic Metro’s successful under-18 national carnival team, said Adelaide was his preferred club after the Crows visited more than once during the year.

“I was really hoping for Adelaide — the whole family was,” Gallucci said.

“We had Adelaide over for a fair bit over the season and we loved them from the start.

“I was really excited about the prospect of moving there.”

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gallucci, who was co-captain of Vic Metro’s successful under-18 national carnival team, said Adelaide was his preferred club after the Crows visited more than once during the year.

“We had Adelaide over for a fair bit over the season and we loved them from the start.

Wow. Both Poholke and Gallucci had a preference to move to us. We've got a couple of good ones, gents.

Has there ever been a Vic metro player desperate top leave Victoria and play for the crows?
Think IIRC Gallucci said somewhere that if he had to leave Victoria, he wanted to go to the Crows ......just for future accuracy ;)

Think IIRC Gallucci said somewhere that if he had to leave Victoria, he wanted to go to the Crows ......just for future accuracy ;)
He also said this today to the Lilydale & Yarra Valley Leader's Reporter Toby Prime....

We can say if the draft had fallen different we would have taken this player or that player but the more I read stories like this it's pretty clear Gallucci was always our choice if he was there or there hadn't been a monumental slider...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...t/news-story/490a0cc131c0254d9bddf261f150c254

ordan Gallucci recruited to Adelaide with pick No. 15 in AFL National Draft
Toby Prime, Lilydale & Yarra Valley Leader
November 27, 2016 6:00pm
EASTERN Ranges talent manager Len Villani has tipped Jordan Gallucci to make a seamless transition into the AFL after Adelaide swooped on the explosive midfielder in Friday night’s national draft.

The Lilydale-raised talent was taken at pick No. 15 by the Crows and was the first of five Ranges players to find a home at the elite level.

Villani said Gallucci, 18, had the foundations to play AFL next year provided his body held up to pre-season demands.

“I know Adelaide were rapt to get him and there was no way they were going to let him go past at that pick,” Villani said.

“He is exactly what they need in terms of that breakaway power and speed.

“I think already he is going to transition into AFL level very, very quickly given his athletic prowess.”

Gallucci, who has drawn comparisons to Norm Smith Medal winner Jason Johannisen, became the fifth Ranges player picked inside the top 15 in the past five years, following in the footsteps of Jon Patton, Tom Boyd, Christian Petracca and Sam Weideman.

Essendon selected Ranges midfielder/forward Josh Begley, who bolted up draft calculations during the year to be selected at pick No. 31, and midfielder and best and fairest winner Dylan Clark, who slipped to the Bombers with pick No. 63.

Collingwood got father-son midfielder/forward Callum Brown with pick No. 35 while Sydney nabbed All-Australian full-back Jack Maibaum at pick No. 45.

Gallucci will join an Adelaide midfield flush with talent, including Rory Sloane the Crouch brothers, Matt and Brad, as well as emerging players Cam Ellis-Yolmen, Charlie Cameron, Wayne Milera and Paul Seedsman.

Certainly sounds like we pretty much targeted him from a reasonably long way out.

He also said this today to the Lilydale & Yarra Valley Leader's Reporter Toby Prime....

Gallucci, who was co-captain of Vic Metro’s successful under-18 national carnival team, said Insert Club was his preferred club after the Club visited more than once during the year.

“I was really hoping for Insert Club — the whole family was,” Gallucci said.

“We had Insert Club over for a fair bit over the season and we loved them from the start.

FTFY

:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back