Welcome Welcome National Draft Pick #13 - Jordan Gallucci

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't mean to be a big ol downer but I have a bad feeling about lever. In some of his interviews he has never responded strongly about Adelaide and living here. He would also know he could prob go home and become a captain of a big Vic club.
Sorry don't mean to be a Debby downer.

Lever had strong connections to the AFC prior to the draft in a similar manner to how our current draftees felt when drafted. I am not too worried about Lever. But it all stems from success. If we falter and take a tumble down the ladder well interstate offers become more appealing. If we keep playing our entertaining brand of footy he would be mad to leave. The only time to be worried if a player wants out is if they refuse to entertain contract talks until the end of the season of their final year of their contract.

Watched all the vision of him and have to say that from that, I like him. Very attacking and powerful burst of speed when he gets the ball. Seems to have very good balance and a low centre of gravity.

Depending on which game clips you watch as to what his kicking looks like. Some of them (even 2015) look very reliable with him always lowering his eyes well. Then another couple show some inconsistency. Strange kicking style. Hopefully it's something he works on.

The thing that stands out is his ability to move very quickly once he has the ball. Should be fun to watch.

Yep, he seems to have real acceleration and pace (and space) out and away from stoppages.

There is a pretty good 'vibe' about AFC over in Melb at the moment

Friday night football is proof of this

The AFC players seem the closest they ever have as well and all invested in the club

hahahahahah that is hilarious, I couldnt give a toss about Westen Bulldogs , Sydney or Collouingwood, why would an opposition supporter give a toss about us. I would if it helped us win a premiership, the only feeling I have towards opposition is what ever gives us an advantage.

As for an even playing field we all know its not possible for the most obvious reason ever, but we signed up to the situation we really cant complain about it, but there arent any alternatives

There is a pretty good 'vibe' about AFC over in Melb at the moment

Friday night football is proof of this

The AFC players seem the closest they ever have as well and all invested in the club

I get the impression Adelaide is viewed as a very professionally run club with a good culture and a supportive environment, with a real chance of grand finals ahead. Why wouldn't a person want to come here?

I remember years ago in The Advertiser there was a (rather harsh) diagram that was titled 'Kick a Goal with Ingo' in where there was a maze where Ingerson with the ball was at one end, and at the end of the maze was the goal posts. The maze was impossible to solve
Was from the Central District fanzine. Very cool.

They replayed the Walshy Showdown today and it was only Knights second game.

He was a pest for Port. He harassed and tackled his arse off, very quick too.

Can't wait to see him back, I believe we erred not playing him late last year.
last year or last season? Not sure he was available at the end of last season?

I get the impression Adelaide is viewed as a very professionally run club with a good culture and a supportive environment, with a real chance of grand finals ahead. Why wouldn't a person want to come here?
That flies in the face of the club comments saying there were no mids available for us except Gibbs who landed in our lap at the last minute.

That flies in the face of the club comments saying there were no mids available for us except Gibbs who landed in our lap at the last minute.
Not sure how those two statements correlate? Not wanting to pick a bun-fight, just trying to get understanding of your statement.

Money, and having to actually live in Adelaide

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure how those two statements correlate? Not wanting to pick a bun-fight, just trying to get understanding of your statement.
The club said they didnt recruit a mid because none were available that wanted to come. We obviously arent as attractive as what he suggested.

The club said they didnt recruit a mid because none were available that wanted to come. We obviously arent as attractive as what he suggested.
But then we have two young kids - both mids - hoping to be drafted to us... so I'm still not sure how it correlates. Maybe there were no mids available for trading, doesn't mean we aren't attractive? Just that none were available this year?

But then we have two young kids - both mids - hoping to be drafted to us... so I'm still not sure how it correlates. Maybe there were no mids available for trading, doesn't mean we aren't attractive? Just that none were available this year?
the answer is as long as you're not going to the Lions any club is attractive before you're drafted. Glad to hear the boys are stoked to be coming here but do you think they'd say any less if they went to Collingwood or Hawthorn? Of course not.

and looking attractive to people who've never been a part of an AFL club is a completely different proposition to convincing someone who's established somewhere that the grass is greener on the other side, especially when we're (seemingly) unwilling to pay over the odds on contracts or at the trade table to make things happen (see Port for how well doing both works anyway) and aren't a premiership factory either.

if I was one of the young guns at the Demons, born and raised in Melbourne I'd have to be getting offered 30% over market value AT LEAST to even consider coming to the Crows, because why the hell would you otherwise?

... and looking attractive to people who've never been a part of an AFL club is a completely different proposition to convincing someone who's established somewhere that the grass is greener on the other side, ...

Also, the number of gun mids we would be wanting to trade in would be a very small number, whereas the number of draftees is large, some will be willing/happy to move here and our recruiters would probably gravitate towards those draft candidates.

if I was one of the young guns at the Demons, born and raised in Melbourne I'd have to be getting offered 30% over market value AT LEAST to even consider coming to the Crows, because why the hell would you otherwise?
I once pondered whether there was worth in having a salary cap that was adjusted upon how many players were from the state the club is based - ie if the Crows had only 40% SA players their salary cap would be higher than if Port had 50% SA players, ditto for Victoria.

There's no way it would happen, but you're right that it is harder to get Victorian established players to move to Adelaide or Perth or Brisbane) than to another club within Melb due to the home factor and the $$$ available from non-playing opportunities

Hey all,

I am a long time lurker who hasn't posted since the Tippett saga (hence the username as fish bowl's were all the rage then!)

I genuinely think the club has turned it around in relation to the interstate go home factor - the efforts they go to now to ensure the draftees integrate into SA (all 5 are living with current players according to afc website). Having one team in the SANFL also must be great for building bonds with the club and also for development of game styles etc. Then you have the Adelaide oval factor. There are plenty of reasons to come here. The ones who want to go home will go for $$$ or more opportunity just like every other decent club.

Now re: Galluci I have some third hand intel ( I never have intel and never will again just to get in before the haven't posted in ages troll comments! lol) from a family relative who said he and the family are super impressed by the crows who have got to know them all very well since the under 16's and the crows were genuinely his preferred destination. They have gone to every length possible to make him and his family comfortable about his transition - eg having his car relocated for him. So there you go probably not ground breaking but it looks like the crows have drafted a great character here and hopefully he thrives in our tight knit environment.

Anyway...fingers crossed we haven't drafted any patricks, kurts or jacks and I'll go back to my lurking unless I have something else to contribute - seriously funnier than watching TV this place sometimes keep up the passion and go crows!

want to know one good reason why we can struggle to look like a good option for players?

parasite local journos! Honestly its embarrassing seeing those young blokes copping all those rubbish questions first up, doing their best to plant the seed for another Tippett or Dangerfield saga to sell more bird cage lining.

hahahahahah that is hilarious, I couldnt give a toss about Westen Bulldogs , Sydney or Collouingwood, why would an opposition supporter give a toss about us. I would if it helped us win a premiership, the only feeling I have towards opposition is what ever gives us an advantage.

As for an even playing field we all know its not possible for the most obvious reason ever, but we signed up to the situation we really cant complain about it, but there arent any alternatives
What is hilarious is you thinking Sharenberg was going to go 1st round and he didn't even get rookie listed

I once pondered whether there was worth in having a salary cap that was adjusted upon how many players were from the state the club is based - ie if the Crows had only 40% SA players their salary cap would be higher than if Port had 50% SA players, ditto for Victoria.

There's no way it would happen, but you're right that it is harder to get Victorian established players to move to Adelaide or Perth or Brisbane) than to another club within Melb due to the home factor and the $$$ available from non-playing opportunities
A LALA?

Living Adelaide Loving Allowance?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back