(Log in to remove this ad.)

hey shorty

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Got lost at the death in the first Showdown
Was there at the death in the second Showdown.

Smart player, will improve and when he starts to get more of the ball will be valuable. Thinks outside the box a bit.
Important point you make. You dont want kids to repeat the same mistakes over and over, he looked to have learnt pretty quick from letting Motlop stroll into a winning position.

NikkiNoo

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
panthers, ukraine & broncos

Thylacinus

Club Legend
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think this will be the Gooch's breakout year. 2019 will be the year of the Gooch! I think we have a good one here. Will love to see him at times rip the ball out of the center with pace and break away as well as using his repeat sprinting ability to run all over the ground and stretch opponents.

StonesThrow

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
From ams4crows at the south Adelaide training session:

"also Gallucci looked really good in the full ground drill before he joined the mostly running group."

Not far away from full training

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Squiba

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Adelaide
His core strength was good last year, and this year he looks like a cannon ball by comparison. Not sure where he starts in a 6 6 6 formation, but I'd almost be inclined to run him off a wing at each bounce to effect any spillage/loose balls and burst away from the pack.

Gooch has some very handy tools, my main query is a long term position on the ground for him.

Golumless

I'm kind of a big deal on the east side
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Newcastle, Colorado Rockies.
His core strength was good last year, and this year he looks like a cannon ball by comparison. Not sure where he starts in a 6 6 6 formation, but I'd almost be inclined to run him off a wing at each bounce to effect any spillage/loose balls and burst away from the pack.

Gooch has some very handy tools, my main query is a long term position on the ground for him.
Could easily give him the 8th/9th rotation in a midfield set up, and some small forward time as well.

kulak

Club Legend
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GWS

Primarily forward. I want him playing a similar role to Fantasia at Essendon.

He is too good around goals on both feet to have him trudging up and down the wing.

Kane McGoodwin

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
Primarily forward. I want him playing a similar role to Fantasia at Essendon.

He is too good around goals on both feet to have him trudging up and down the wing.
Would be a mitske to play him nearly all as a forward too. Imo, we need to develop deeper midfield rotations with forward/backs & Gooch should be one of these playing at least a third of his time in the midfield.

DangerSloane

Hall of Famer
Suspended
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Charlotte Hornets, Chelsea, Striker
Would be a mitske to play him nearly all as a forward too. Imo, we need to develop deeper midfield rotations with forward/backs & Gooch should be one of these playing at least a third of his time in the midfield.
Hopefully with the extra weight and muscle he can be put in there more often.
He seemed to get tossed aside a little in his previous short stints in the midfield.

jackster83

Pick #1 here we come
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sin City Swamprats, Dethklok
He's one of the ones I want delivering the ball inside 50 to a leading Tex or JJ.

Milera, Atkins and Seed also, along with Tex himself (when he's playing up the ground).

Hopefully no more useless hack kicks inside 50 (which always end up marked easily by the opposition anyway).

kulak

Club Legend
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GWS
Similar role to Fantasia at Essendon for me please.

Numbers like 16 disposals, 1-2 goals per week, 4 inside 50s per week 3-4 tackles. Couple of clearances.

That role probably has his field position around the midfield area for a decent share of the game. He wouldn’t be playing as a permanent deep forward.

We aren’t exactly over resourced for running half forwards. Gallucci looks to be a good one, with his run, pressure, creativity - and loves a goal.

I will be disappointed (and surprised) if we line up with, say, Gallucci running from pack to pack in the midfield and Douglas primarily forward.

Here’s his heat map from R23, 66 percent in forward half, looks good to me:

7BDB7B03-B943-4235-AA4B-EEF7CDE267EC.png

And here’s Orazio from R21:

F5D1892A-37AF-471D-9620-9817E5355D6A.png

Redleg Crow

Premium Gold
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Seems a good time to bump this. Where is he at? Third season, 20 games so we're getting some sense of his game. And yet I don;t feel like he has ever played a game where he should or as good as I hoped.

With Chayce and Ned the chances are running out. But I would like to see him play v Brisbane. But he needs to start getting more of it. Given he only played 1 game in his first season this is really season number 3 for real. And yet, he's only got 20 disposals once, and only 3 times over 15.

Betts are off

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Adelaide
Seems a good time to bump this. Where is he at? Third season, 20 games so we're getting some sense of his game. And yet I don;t feel like he has ever played a game where he should or as good as I hoped.

With Chayce and Ned the chances are running out. But I would like to see him play v Brisbane. But he needs to start getting more of it. Given he only played 1 game in his first season this is really season number 3 for real. And yet, he's only got 20 disposals once, and only 3 times over 15.
I think it would be best to wait until he's been back in the side for more then 2 games before we judge this kid's current status.

Injury interrupted preseason, crowded midfield, new gamestyle... He was never going to come in at get 30 disposals in these last 2 weeks!

beartoo

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide
Needs to step up and start influencing games. Disappointment so far for a 1st-rounder. Must be in danger of being dropped for Gibbs or possibly Seed this week, although Seed probably needs at least one run in the twos

Bicks

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
I think it would be best to wait until he's been back in the side for more then 2 games before we judge this kid's current status.

Injury interrupted preseason, crowded midfield, new gamestyle... He was never going to come in at get 30 disposals in these last 2 weeks!
Coming up for his 4th game in 2019 if selected this week.

I best not say too much lest I be accused of being hater or having ruled a line through Jordan already.

What I will say is I want and expect to be seeing more from a 1st round draft pick now well into his 3rd season on the list.

Mr_Moogle

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt

This is a tricky one. He probably won't make it in the midfield at Adelaide. Jones and McHenry are already better suited to that role and arguably better players in general. I would have liked to see him play as a small forward but his tackling pressure looks way down this season tbh so I don't see him getting selected there. Could be another player who has his career saved by moving to half back? He's skilled and has the speed. Not sure he's good enough 1v1 though and he isn't a known intercept player either.

Honestly I think he'll be a good player but I have a bad feeling it's just not going to happen at Adelaide and we won't find out his real quality until he gets picked up by another club as a trade or dfa.

Scorpus

Captain Positive
AFL Club
Adelaide
Is he not producing enough output because he's simply not up to it, or is it because he is playing a position/role where a low output is standard?

The times I've seen him play his best football is when he's been given a decent amount of responsibility either in the midfield or on the wing. We rarely seem to give him that at AFL level.

I want to see him there before I write him off. I don't think many players look good playing a half forward/forward pocket/defensive forward role for us

Top Bottom