Welcome Welcome National Draft Pick #13 - Jordan Gallucci

Remove this Banner Ad

I was a big fan of gallucci last year, and although he is improving each game this year I’ve cooled on him a bit. Doesn’t get enough ball and isn’t as explosive as his athleticism suggests. He’ll have to improve his ceiling quite a bit to be a 200 game player. Currently on the fence..

I was a big fan of gallucci last year, and although he is improving each game this year I’ve cooled on him a bit. Doesn’t get enough ball and isn’t as explosive as his athleticism suggests. He’ll have to improve his ceiling quite a bit to be a 200 game player. Currently on the fence..
Remember last year we were still trying to stick with the slingshot style game which would have suited his outside run more. This year I feel like our new game plan is resulting in the outside players having a tougher time getting released. Its not just Gooch who has had to adapt, but Seed is down on disposals, Smith is up and down (granted he often plays with a 75kg backpack now), Atkins is getting as much.

The good news is I feel guys like Gooch and Atkins are starting to adapt and are trending up. Seed to me is still a long way off his best form though.

Adelaide Crows young gun Jordan Gallucci shaves off moustache to raise money for mental health research

While no one was happier to see it go than his girlfriend, Lily Ritchie, Gallucci said he’s already considering regrowing his conspicuous facial hair.
“She (Lily) is very, very happy this day has come. She didn’t like it very much and neither did my mum for that matter. So they’re both very happy today,” he said.

Adelaide Crows young gun Jordan Gallucci shaves off moustache to raise money for mental health research

While no one was happier to see it go than his girlfriend, Lily Ritchie, Gallucci said he’s already considering regrowing his conspicuous facial hair.
“She (Lily) is very, very happy this day has come. She didn’t like it very much and neither did my mum for that matter. So they’re both very happy today,” he said.
:moustache: ---> :)

I think it’s a blessing in disguise. The more longer it grows, the more impotent his abilities have seemingly become.

Also for a good cause. Good on ya Gooch!

Where's he at?

We've picked a pretty young team this week and given out some opportunities but still no sign of Gallucci, not even on the emergency list.

He got the wake up call from Godden several months back but still slumbering.

We don't tend to change our mind on players. Once the die is cast.... Have we had a player completely out of favour and sitting behind others who later ends up being a first choice regular? Maybe Vince early days. Rutten? Get the feeling that Gallucci is more taking the Menzel path though sadly.

Think he's done.

Disappointing because he does have all the talent and athletic ability to be a good AFL player, just lacks something in the mental aspect perhaps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s done. Short season too, 2 rounds down in terms of selection, so just 15 to go now.

The chances of him regaining a spot and keeping, in that short space of time is remote.

Where's he at?

We've picked a pretty young team this week and given out some opportunities but still no sign of Gallucci, not even on the emergency list.

He got the wake up call from Godden several months back but still slumbering.

We don't tend to change our mind on players. Once the die is cast.... Have we had a player completely out of favour and sitting behind others who later ends up being a first choice regular? Maybe Vince early days. Rutten? Get the feeling that Gallucci is more taking the Menzel path though sadly.

As posted by a few a while ago, will more than likely have a good career somewhere else as a half forward/second rotation mid.

Luke Jericho V2.0, sadly. Just looks disinterested.

A new club, closer to family and he might be able to salvage something.

Crowcast member said on chat a couple of weeks ago he was gone end of year so club has decided not to play him.
It might just be me but the impression he's always given me much like Luke Jericho did is despite being quite athletic and not lacking in talent he's a player that was just expecting it to "happen" which doesn't work too well at the top level.

Last edited:
Struggling to think of the last player we drafted and then traded for less than we paid. Won’t have to think so hard at the end of this year.

It's been a while since we've had that happen. Vince would be my guess, though we did get 10 years out of him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back