Welcome Welcome National Draft Pick #13 - Jordan Gallucci

Remove this Banner Ad

scary isn't it to think what little all that money buys over there. $1.3 million buys you a very nice house in Burnside or down at Glenelg in SA

I don’t know how people can afford to live in Melbourne and Sydney and not have an hour commute each way.

Oh well, I’m happy to live in Adelaide

Should we really be publishing Pizza Boy's new address?

It took me 30 seconds to go through the sold listings on realestate.com.au to find it so it's hardly confidential info.

If he wanted it kept private he wouldn't have posted it on social media. It's also I'm guessing a rental property because he's signed on for next year after buying the property so he won't be leaving Adelaide within the next 18 months at least.

Last edited:
957k to be exact

https://www.realestate.com.au/sold/property-house-vic-thornbury-128265530

Two bedrooms, one bathroom :eek:

Was bought in May 2018
can you imagine his kids as they grow up kicking a ball in the back yard (reminds me of that add that use to be on TV where the swing is down the alley at the side of the house and the kid can only do 1/4 swings before hitting the fence and house wall)..but on the flipside, it is close to some superb spots and very close to melbourne central

can you imagine his kids as they grow up kicking a ball in the back yard (reminds me of that add that use to be on TV where the swing is down the alley at the side of the house and the kid can only do 1/4 swings before hitting the fence and house wall)..but on the flipside, it is close to some superb spots and very close to melbourne central

Well his fiancee is from Adelaide so it could even just be an investment property.

He did re-sign with the club after he bought it so he obviously has no immediate intentions of living there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dougie is a property mongol.

He actually spoke to my mate last year when he was selling one of his Adelaide properties. Told my mate he was selling because he was going back to Vic next year (this year).

Dougie has a very dry sense of humour though so was prob trolling my mate.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wait, so Douglas has bought a house in Vic? He is contracted for next year. Maybe part of a deal with Carlton for pick 1??
Probably just adding to his portfolio... But if he did want to head home, he is the type of experienced player Carlton could do with in their side.

Doubt he would fetch pick #1 though with other picks thrown in, as would only be doable if someone younger like Gov left.

It took me 30 seconds to go through the sold listings on realestate.com.au to find it so it's hardly confidential info.

If he wanted it kept private he wouldn't have posted it on social media. It's also I'm guessing a rental property because he's signed on for next year after buying the property so he won't be leaving Adelaide within the next 18 months at least.
Have you seen the photos?

He’s not going to be living there for a while.

Yeah, I’ve thought for many years I should change that, it’s a quite offensive. It was supposed to be from mongrel, as in a scrubber kick. Honest!
I didn't realise they bleep out your username when you are quoted.

X factor has nothing to do with footy intelligence

Brett Burton case in point

Douglas career is built on being footy smart, he's not an elite athlete like Gooch. He's proven he's footy smart by being able to play multiple roles , sometimes within the 1 game eg mid , forward , tagger , back

He's also been a better than average score involvement , score assist and goal kicker which takes footy smarts

Gooch X factor comes from his athleticism , speed , vertical leap etc . His footy IQ is what needs work and is why he didn't find much ball in sanfl last year or AFL to this year . I'm talking >20 possession games , they've been very rare both years

X-factor does usually require it (I will give you Burton however). I would equally say most of Goochs flashes where he has shown this haven't been primarily through athleticism either. Most of them have either been vision and instinct based (his snaps against Sydney, and Richmond, and that ridiculous pass against GC as prime examples).

I would equally argue playing multiple roles doesn't exactly prove someone to be "footy smart". For example, the difference between a half forward, winger and a half back is minimal at the best of times (which is what Dougy has switched between). Douglas does however switch to a more inside role at times so he does that, but odds are Gallucci will also develop that in time to survive/thrive at this level.

To use your metrics, which is Douglas career averages per game being the defining factor for better than average: Gallucci is also currently better than average in goal kicking (seeing 0.7 goals per game = Douglas career average), 0.07 goal assists off being better than average and 2.3 score involvements off (though admittedly, this is in part due to this statistic coming into fruition during Douglas best years of football and are expected to be inflated). None of them are really doing much damage to Goochs claim here, especially seeing he's doing that on 11.5 disposal average (compared to an 18.4 disposal average for Doughy). I also feel it's a decently fair comparison seeing Douglas has always gotten a good amount of forward minutes (and rarely played behind the ball).

I'm also very interested in your definition of very rare, seeing Gooch hit 20+ disposals 4 times in 12 attempts at SANFL (discounting two games for injuries). 33.3% is not bad strike rate for a first year, non inside player (seeing accumulation is tied into being inside strong, especially in the mess that is our SANFL set up). Douglas had a much better strike rate than this at SANFL level, and to show you how meaningless it all proved to be; it took Douglas 42 games to knock up his first 20+ game at AFL level. Gooch took 3. Not only that, it would take until Douglas's third season of AFL (going into that season, Doughy had played 16 games) to average more disposals then what Gallucci is now. I would add both didn't play a role at this time where you could even remotely expect a 20+ disposal game, seeing both started as primarily a small forward. To sum up the rarity of a 20 disposal game in this position, Eddie who will end up going down as one of the all time greats, has only done it 8 times. To use that as a metric would be the equivalent of saying a KPD is s**t because he doesn't kick goals.

Comparing development: Gooch is one year ahead of Douglas in how they developed (i.e. what Gooch is doing now, took Douglas an extra season to do) so it's a fair assumption to think he'll end up better than, especially in a lot of football smart areas seeing Gallucci's moments have truly shown he is a very intelligent player with the ball in hand.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back