Welcome Welcome National Draft Pick #13 - Jordan Gallucci

Remove this Banner Ad

Dougie is a property mongol.

He actually spoke to my mate last year when he was selling one of his Adelaide properties. Told my mate he was selling because he was going back to Vic next year (this year).

Dougie has a very dry sense of humour though so was prob trolling my mate.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mongolian? Ghangis Douglas!!

There's been a bit of mention of Gooch in the Kornes and Rucci thread, which I think is most inappropriate and insulting to the Gooch :) So let's bump this one.

I've been mightily impressed with Gooch this year. He started out a bit like 2017 Milera: The game seemed to go over and around him, and he didn't get enough of it. That started to change later in the year, and I hope/expect that, like Milera 2018, Gooch will see more of the ball in 2019.

Two things I like:
1. He's a decent mark for his size, and capable of making a good contest in the air (like Milera 2018 version).
2. He's a smart decision maker.
3. <Monty Python> Three - three things I like: He's a good kick. Not silk class, but a smart kick and capable of hitting a target from out of a pack / difficult angle / off one step. This is something I've always liked about Douglas, and I think Gooch has it too. Kicking style very similar.

If he can carve out a Douglas type career he will be a whipping boy, but a pretty handy player. Very similar draft pick too, Douglas being a few later.

Last edited:
If he can carve out a Douglas type career he will be a whopping boy, but a pretty handy player. Very similar draft pick too, Douglas being a few later.

Oh I don't think he'll be that big :)

I think he's capable of being better than Douglas. I think Douglas gets a bit hard done by on this board, but I will allow that "better than Douglas" is what we should hope for.

Oh I don't think he'll be that big :)

I think he's capable of being better than Douglas. I think Douglas gets a bit hard done by on this board, but I will allow that "better than Douglas" is what we should hope for.
Sneaky edit.

But he does have a few things in his favour, particularly a far greater athletic ability.

There's been a bit of mention of Gooch in the Kornes and Rucci thread, which I think is most inappropriate and insulting to the Gooch :) So let's bump this one.

I've been mightily impressed with Gooch this year. He started out a bit like 2017 Milera: The game seemed to go over and around him, and he didn't get enough of it. That started to change later in the year, and I hope/expect that, like Milera 2018, Gooch will see more of the ball in 2019.

Two things I like:
1. He's a decent mark for his size, and capable of making a good contest in the air (like Milera 2018 version).
3. <Monty Python> Three - three things I like: He's a good kick. Not silk class, but a smart kick and capable of hitting a target from out of a pack / difficult angle / off one step. This is something I've always liked about Douglas, and I think Gooch has it too. Kicking style very similar.
Showing plenty and I was a bit dubious

The only thing that worries me is ball finding ability - can he win 25 possessions in his best games ?

If he can average 20+ will be a very handy player

Two things I like:

Agreed. Needs to get more involved but that will come with time.

4. Courageous for his size

Douglas Mk2?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he can carve out a Douglas type career he will be a whipping boy, but a pretty handy player. Very similar draft pick too, Douglas being a few later.
The Gooch seems to lift when the game is on the line, something I’m not sure Dougie does. We need more players like that.

Hopefully, next year he can start accumulating a bit more of the ball and have games where he gets 20+ possessions.

The Gooch seems to lift when the game is on the line, something I’m not sure Dougie does. We need more players like that.

Hopefully, next year he can start accumulating a bit more of the ball and have games where he gets 20+ possessions.
Dougy used to, now he fades away

Would like to see Gallucci given most of this week running off a wing. Great opportunity to give him more opportunities around the ball, to give him an idea of what he needs to work on over the pre-season.

Don't bury him up forward this week, with the occasional run off the back of the square.

Release the Gooch.

Has very good clutch goal kicking potential. Just seems to nail the half chances at important times. This to me demonstrates the presence of elite composure in high pressure situations.

It obviously doesn't happen enough yet, but I like the signs that I've seen.

We will see what we invested in next year I think.

I've enjoyed his season and think he's one of the positives to take out of a bad year.

I do agree to free him up this week. Carlton aren't AFL standard so he should stand well to have increased output if given the opportunity.

Give him something to ponder over the off season.

The other thing is settling him down in the one spot, which we haven't done just yet.
They don't do that in the modern game.

They like to play the.kids in different positions. Give them a taste of different roles. They find alot about the players mental and phyiscal limits. Then they work on them in the pre season.

What I saw on Sunday was and unsociable style of play. Found the energy to physiicaly confront opponants after thier disposal.

Looks like a 200 gamer developing. Will play with crouch junior for years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back