Welcome Welcome National Draft Pick #13 - Jordan Gallucci

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought he was better against Brisbane. Certainly more involved in the match than the past few weeks.

Needs to get those weak tackling efforts fixed up though. I know he has it in him to tackle hard.
Got himself out in space better this week. 6 marks confirms this.

Also improved his disposal going a touch under 80%. Those 3 inside 50s he delivered were lace out.

75% game time on the weekend.

Still needs to get a few more touches. Get involved with some handball chains. Turn the 14 disposals into 19/20.

Selection is going to be tough, might get omitted but might hold his spot due to a speedy West Coast.

Got himself out in space better this week. 6 marks confirms this.

Also improved his disposal going a touch under 80%. Those 3 inside 50s he delivered were lace out.

75% game time on the weekend.

Still needs to get a few more touches. Get involved with some handball chains. Turn the 14 disposals into 19/20.

Selection is going to be tough, might get omitted but might hold his spot due to a speedy West Coast.

The signs are there IMO and he really needs gametime at the elite level. The trouble is how long do we persist with him, given the talent sitting in the wings...

No, he’s had 4 games now and Saturday was clearly given midfield time.

Must go back to the SANFL to work on his game. He will not be able to hold out all of M Crouch, Seed, Douglas and McHenry

Maybe we should look at trading him at years end. A deal for him and our 2nd round pick to get a needs player or maybe to move up the draft order if there is someone we are really after (after Rowell / Anderson of course)

Maybe we should look at trading him at years end. A deal for him and our 2nd round pick to get a needs player or maybe to move up the draft order if there is someone we are really after (after Rowell / Anderson of course)

Will would any team in their right mind give us a 2nd rounder for a player not capable of being in our best 22

Will would any team in their right mind give us a 2nd rounder for a player not capable of being in our best 22

We have done this a couple of times - Menzel & Tambling come to mind.

I'm not ready to write him off yet. He showed some good signs against Brisbane. Perhaps he gets dropped this week to find some more ball, but we can only bring him back in when he is in form to spend some time in the midfield not lost at half-forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he cant make our 22 he has zero currency, so we basically have a 2nd to deal with

You cant package a player that is worth nothing you may aswell try and package a 34 year old douglass aswell it wont make it worth anymore
Disagree. He was a 1st round pick, is currently in our team and he has just not found top gear with us. Other teams might well be prepared to take a punt on him and if it is for a swap of picks + gallucci or for another player for Gallucci and our 2nd, he certainly will have value

Did some nice things. Three lace out passes inside 50 to our forwards, and a gutsy intercept mark inside the defensive 50.

His defensive pressure and work rate is nowhere near good enough though. He is another "jogger."

So basically a typical Richard Douglas game.

Disagree. He was a 1st round pick, is currently in our team and he has just not found top gear with us. Other teams might well be prepared to take a punt on him and if it is for a swap of picks + gallucci or for another player for Gallucci and our 2nd, he certainly will have value

Sorry you are now saying he has ability, you wanted to trade him before, but just needs to find form, then why would you want to get rid of him, if you think he has ability of a 1st rounder but just needs a little time

No one gambles on players that they don't need to, or cannot make the first 22 at another club, they would be dimwits to, as we would be if we were say wanting trade in a player like that from another club who has clearly struggled

Did some nice things. Three lace out passes inside 50 to our forwards, and a gutsy intercept mark inside the defensive 50.

His defensive pressure and work rate is nowhere near good enough though. He is another "jogger."

So basically a typical Richard Douglas game.

cant see Gooch winning a b and f, but who knows I could be wrong

We have done this a couple of times - Menzel & Tambling come to mind.

I'm not ready to write him off yet. He showed some good signs against Brisbane. Perhaps he gets dropped this week to find some more ball, but we can only bring him back in when he is in form to spend some time in the midfield not lost at half-forward.

Yes we have and are you happy with the club for these dumb decisions?

I agree he needs time give him a good chunk this year and maybe next if he fails delist and move on

There are some glaring gaps in the Goochs game right now;

Take the four games he has played in the seniors this year for example.

For a Small Fwd / Running midfielder he;
- Is averaging 12 touches a game.
- Has had 4 total tackles for the season
- Has kicked a total 1.0 from 4 games
- is yet to have a Goal Assist
- is yet to have a running bounce

1558323117285.png

Those are not the stats of a forward or a midfielder.

Right now, he just should not be in the senior team. He needs to go back to the SANFL and learn to;
- Apply pressure
- Get more of the ball
- Take the game on when he does get it
- Hit the scoreboard

He was drafted as Lightning quick outside player with forward presence. Right now we are not seeing any of that.

I'd spell him for 4-6 weeks then give him another go at seniors if he earns it. The time is now to see if he should remain in our long term plans.

And for those saying he has no currency, that's crazy talk - he is still very young, Victorian and has shown glimpses.

For a 1st-round draft pick he is coming on far too slowly. Think he's a bust. Hope I'm wrong.
If he hadnt had injury interrupted seasons id agree with you. In reality hes only played 21 AFL games.

I dont see him holding out a Crouch, Seedsman or Milera this week. Shame theres no SANFL game on this weekend because I think he needs as many games as he can play and has already been a travelling emergency this year.

What gives me hope for Jordan is that Milera only averaged 14.2 touches and kicked 12 goals in his first 20 games playing a similar role to Gallucci. Jordan is sitting at 11.7 touches with 17 goals.

But he needs to get his arse in gear because Milera in his next 20 quickly became a 20-touch damaging midfielder.

View attachment 677354

Right now, he just should not be in the senior team. He needs to go back to the SANFL and learn to;
- Apply pressure
- Get more of the ball
- Hit the scoreboard

He was drafted as Lightning quick outside player with forward presence. Right now we are not seeing any of that.

I'd spell him for 4-6 weeks then give him another go at seniors if he earns it. The time is now to see if he should remain in our long term plans.

And for those saying he has no currency, that's crazy talk - he is still very young, Victorian and has shown glimpses.
I totally agree when the most likely player he's keeping out is Ned McHenry currently.

View attachment 677354

- Apply pressure
- Get more of the ball
- Hit the scoreboard

Why is it crazy talk hes worth nothing

If he isn't capable of making our best 22 he is unlikely to make anyone elses that wants to win a premiership, but even those teams down the bottom want to inprove they would look at drafting him for nothing and hope he develops but would be Dumbo's to hnd anything over for a guy that's failing at our club apart from a packet of stale Twisties

He came off a injury interrupted pre-season, which isn't the ideal start to a season.
And got promoted to the AFL with very little form in the sanfl.
I don't think he is classy enough to come in with that preparation and perform to a high standard.
Good on the club for giving him a block of games to gauge were he is at.
I think we have better players to bring in now and back to the sanfl he goes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back