Welcome Welcome National Draft Pick #13 - Jordan Gallucci

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Sorry you are now saying he has ability, you wanted to trade him before, but just needs to find form, then why would you want to get rid of him, if you think he has ability of a 1st rounder but just needs a little time

No one gambles on players that they don't need to, or cannot make the first 22 at another club, they would be dimwits to, as we would be if we were say wanting trade in a player like that from another club who has clearly struggled
Not at all, I don't believe Gallucci is achieving his optimum with us - maybe he needs the change of scene to realise it. He certainly has value as a player and that is why I would look to try and recoup at the end of this year

Have a think about the second sentence you wrote - the crows have traded in plenty of players over the time that for one reason or another didn't fit at their first club. Paul Seedsman had been in and out of collingwoods team and was in need of a change of scene - you would have to admit that he has been great for us. I just think that Gallucci is a player that is really surplus to our real needs going forward and if we can realise draft pick / player exchange for him and maybe another pick if needs be, then I would do the deal and move on. Nothing against the kid at all and I recognise he has got talent

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not at all, I don't believe Gallucci is achieving his optimum with us - maybe he needs the change of scene to realise it. He certainly has value as a player and that is why I would look to try and recoup at the end of this year

Have a think about the second sentence you wrote - the crows have traded in plenty of players over the time that for one reason or another didn't fit at their first club. Paul Seedsman had been in and out of collingwoods team and was in need of a change of scene - you would have to admit that he has been great for us. I just think that Gallucci is a player that is really surplus to our real needs going forward and if we can realise draft pick / player exchange for him and maybe another pick if needs be, then I would do the deal and move on. Nothing against the kid at all and I recognise he has got talent
Seeds is a tryer he plaid 50 plus games at the woods but they had better and have proven it pendleberry treloar beams is there midfield no wonder seeds was surplus the others we have brought in like gooch are menzel hampton gore to name a few massive risk bringing in a player that has acheived nothing at another club

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Seeds is a tryer he plaid 50 plus games at the woods but they had better and have proven it pendleberry treloar beams is there midfield no wonder seeds was surplus the others we have brought in like gooch are menzel hampton gore to name a few massive risk bringing in a player that has acheived nothing at another club

We have brought in a few guys that have not been up to it. But then there are those like Jacobs (4th choice at Carlton), Tom Lynch (not able to get a game infront of Reiwoldt or Koschitske), Jenkins (was on Essendon's rookie list) that have come in and flourished

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
We have brought in a few guys that have not been up to it. But then there are those like Jacobs (4th choice at Carlton), Tom Lynch (not able to get a game infront of Reiwoldt or Koschitske), Jenkins (was on Essendon's rookie list) that have come in and flourished
Not according to this board JJ and Sauce are useless and depends who is posting will determine uf lynch is good or not

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not according to this board JJ and Sauce are useless and depends who is posting will determine uf lynch is good or not

some are fickle, but for sure Sauces' form a few years back was far superior to this year or last year and likewise Jenkins - but no one can deny all 3 of those guys I mentioned have been excellent for most of the time they have played at the corws

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
some are fickle, but for sure Sauces' form a few years back was far superior to this year or last year and likewise Jenkins - but no one can deny all 3 of those guys I mentioned have been excellent for most of the time they have played at the corws
Lets be honest you dont want to lose those that show a lot gooch hasnt shown much it may or may not be because of the enviroment any team wanting to take him on with a lifeline woukd want him hell cheap as they have no idea either if he has what it takes

Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Yep, Seedsman had been suffering ongoing groin injuries his entire career. He only overcame them here after surgery in 2017.

He grew up supporting Collingwood. His grandfather (I think) both played for Collingwood and was later the club president. Seedsman fell out with Buckley and others in the change rooms over continual comments referring to him as Les (as in lesbian) in regard to his haircut.

I think its too early to go down that route with Gallucci though.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Lets be honest you dont want to lose those that show a lot gooch hasnt shown much it may or may not be because of the enviroment any team wanting to take him on with a lifeline woukd want him hell cheap as they have no idea either if he has what it takes

Yep..hence the reason i said to use him as an upgrade to our 2nd round pick..

Big Crow

Cancelled
Aug 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Showed something on the weekend. A few of his kicks were absolutely lace out. Needs to get more of the ball and seriously improve his tackling.

What he’s shown so far is not enough, but at least there was a glimmer on Saturday.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
A second for a player that could be a bust isnt cheap a packet of twisties is cheap

marty - I said that we bundle up our second rounder + Gallucci for either a pick upgrade or a player..I have been consistent on this as I know he is not worth a lot at the moment but conversly I think he would have clubs prepared to give him a shot but for the right price

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
marty - I said that we bundle up our second rounder + Gallucci for either a pick upgrade or a player..I have been consistent on this as I know he is not worth a lot at the moment but conversly I think he would have clubs prepared to give him a shot but for the right price
His worth around a fourth rounder at best

A fourth rounder can be a pass by clubs

In other words a packet of twisties he would be as worth as much as mcpherson if not less as he just hasng delivered over a longer period

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Corvus

Senior List
Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
It's time to start the we got Jordan Gallucci and we could of got...... .... (searches rest of 2015 draft post pick 13 for a player better than Gooch) discussion

skittlebrew

Premiership Player
Feb 8, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Seedsman fell out with Buckley and others in the change rooms over continual comments referring to him as Les (as in lesbian) in regard to his haircut.

Was this really the issue? People generally don't give themselves nicknames. I know it was an issue but don't think Bucks would hold it against him.

I thought the major issue was Seeds defensive work wasn't up to scratch particularly since he was spending time on the back flank.

Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Was this really the issue? People generally don't give themselves nicknames. I know it was an issue but don't think Bucks would hold it against him.

I thought the major issue was Seeds defensive work wasn't up to scratch particularly since he was spending time on the back flank.
I don't think the change rooms were a happy place for some players at the time. Buck's was cleaning out players who didn't share his philosophy's and there and some the disruptions around Harry O'Brien. He'd been having ongoing groin problems. It just wasn't a happy place for him

Did some nice things. Three lace out passes inside 50 to our forwards, and a gutsy intercept mark inside the defensive 50.

His defensive pressure and work rate is nowhere near good enough though. He is another "jogger."

So basically a typical Richard Douglas game.

I wonder about that, his first season saw some big tackle numbers in the SANFL. A couple of games of 10+ tackles, a few 6-7 tackle games.

Could be he's hindered with an injury, or this is the step back season that a lot of kids go through. He's definitely not a half forward though at an AFL level though, which is a common thing for half forwards in the SANFL as the role does change rather dramatically.

What gives me hope for Jordan is that Milera only averaged 14.2 touches and kicked 12 goals in his first 20 games playing a similar role to Gallucci. Jordan is sitting at 11.7 touches with 17 goals.

But he needs to get his arse in gear because Milera in his next 20 quickly became a 20-touch damaging midfielder.

In those 20 games, Milera switched to a defender. It's much easier to get off the chain as a half back.

It may be the switch Gallucci needs, though, I'd be tempted to bypass that and just look at developing him as a midfielder.

Jun 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
I thought Gooch was much better in attitude this week. It was only his weak lack of repeated effort in that one centre clearance, leading to a goal, that I found reprehensible. On the other hand, he seemed much more aggressive, which was good to see. In particular, his clip over the ear to that flog Robinson, leading to the halftime melee, seemed to have the effect of enraging Robinson so much that he was unable to actually contribute football in the second half: brilliant! ;)

Flip Side

Senior List
Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
It's time to start the we got Jordan Gallucci and we could of got...... .... (searches rest of 2015 draft post pick 13 for a player better than Gooch) discussion

Jarrod Berry?

At the time I was underwhelmed by Jordan as a 1st round selection as he is a small midfielder, but understood the selection was based on a mix of pace and skills.

Unfortunately we haven’t seen enough of that this season, as he hasn’t been able to get enough ball to demonstrate his speed or skill. He did show some good signs at the end of last season though.

I have similar concerns from last year’s draft picks, as Jones and McHenry are also on the small and light side. That’s 3 1st rounders under 6ft and 80kgs, where most elite players are 185cm+ and 85kg+. Seems a large investment to replace Douglas and McKay.

That being said, Crows recent track record for first round selections and development is solid, and Jordan is only 21 games in. There are a number of 1st rounders from 2016 who are yet to get to 20 games and yet to come on as first 22 locks in their respective sides.

Too early to write off for mine.

ABAB

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Jarrod Berry?

At the time I was underwhelmed by Jordan as a 1st round selection as he is a small midfielder, but understood the selection was based on a mix of pace and skills.

Unfortunately we haven’t seen enough of that this season, as he hasn’t been able to get enough ball to demonstrate his speed or skill. He did show some good signs at the end of last season though.

I have similar concerns from last year’s draft picks, as Jones and McHenry are also on the small and light side. That’s 3 1st rounders under 6ft and 80kgs, where most elite players are 185cm+ and 85kg+. Seems a large investment to replace Douglas and McKay.

That being said, Crows recent track record for first round selections and development is solid, and Jordan is only 21 games in. There are a number of 1st rounders from 2016 who are yet to get to 20 games and yet to come on as first 22 locks in their respective sides.

Too early to write off for mine.
Both Jones and McHenry are 3cm and 2cm taller than Neale and Gallucci is 5cm taller (same height as Sloane).....

Back