Welcome Welcome National Draft Pick #13 - Jordan Gallucci

Remove this Banner Ad

Both Jones and McHenry are 3cm and 2cm taller than Neale and Gallucci is 5cm taller (same height as Sloane).....

That’s the top two afl rated mids currently playing midfield in that height-weight category. Kelly and Tmitch arguably as good.

Let’s hope Jones/Gallucci/McHenry turn out being as close to as great as those players.

Berry, Witherden and Fisher are all looking bloody nice in comparison to Gooch right now.

With his size and speed he should be a tackling demon, but he's barely laid a hand on the opposition this year - just one tackle a game.

Amount of game comparisons from other clubs are beyond useless IMO. Especially clubs that were firmly entrenched on the bottom 3 teams 2 years ago when we were going after a flag.

I mean seriously, comparing our draftees with Brisbane and Carlton players in terms of game experience? In what world could we ever be even in that conversation?

Gooch will be fine, let the kid develop and stop trying to make yet another Crows outside mid into a whipping boy in here!

Gooch will be fine. Just needs a few weeks in the seconds and will come back and prove his worth.

He is one of few players in our squad that actually lowers their eyes and hits up a short-medium target going inside 50. Most of our players just blaze away.

Gallucci always seems to start games quietly then bob up after half time

It's tough when we hide him up forward and then finally chuck him in the middle when we have an injury or the set up isn't working.

I am probably one that was surprised we initially drafted him instead of a few players that were available but still think he can be good player for us. The Douglas comparison is always used and I think it's a decent one. Whilst we should probably aim higher than Douglas from an early pick, it's not a bad result if they have a similar career.

It's tough when we hide him up forward and then finally chuck him in the middle when we have an injury or the set up isn't working.

I am probably one that was surprised we initially drafted him instead of a few players that were available but still think he can be good player for us. The Douglas comparison is always used and I think it's a decent one. Whilst we should probably aim higher than Douglas from an early pick, it's not a bad result if they have a similar career.

There's a bit of an irony in that arguably Douglas is a better player and has had a better career than the average pick 15. He's likely going to finish his career with 250 games and a club best & fairest.

There's a bit of an irony in that arguably Douglas is a better player and has had a better career than the average pick 15. He's likely going to finish his career with 250 games and a club best & fairest.

And yet, was a career that you could seriously argue that he underachieved. Especially considering how good of a prospect he was.

A lot like Van Berlo actually. Two players who were so team oriented they ended up massively sacrificing performance for it, when we would have been better off if they just developed into the players they promised to be.

If he is in fact dropped and you’d expect it, it’s a very poor sign.

He’s had what 3-4 games and he’s done bugger all. He hasn’t taken his chance and made himself undroppable.

We obviously rate Jones ahead of him. McHenry based on sanfl form is deserving of a game before Gallucci.

Without injuries Gallucci is going to struggle to get another game and that’s pretty s**t 3 years in for a first rounder.

Gallucci is Hamish’s first miss with a first rounder and it’s a shame because some decent players went after him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is building nicely. I like that he can take a contested mark. Doesn’t shirk the contest. Coming along nicely....

Is a different player to our other mids. Likes a tackle as well. Those saying he was a bust might want to reconsider.

I’ve said a few times, he needs time to develop at the senior level, thankfully Pyke and co have agreed and backed him in. Starting to see the fruits of this now.

Not a high production mid, but he rarely wastes a touch. The athletic traits are starting to show too.

Not a high production mid, but he rarely wastes a touch. The athletic traits are starting to show too.
I am starting to see some "X-factor" in him (not your accumulating possession mid but high impact possession mid)...but he should have kicked that goal after all the hard ground work he did prior to that.

Last edited:
He reminds me of Jack Martin a bit in that I don't think he's ever going to be a guy who averages 25+ touches a game. If he can get up to 20-22 a game and continue to have the same sort of impact he does now with them then he could become very useful.

He's one of the few midfielders we have who actually lowers his eyes and looks for a leading target going inside 50.

It's very similar to Douglas career progression.

Not a small forward's a-hole but played there too long. Move into the midfield, display ability.

Hopefully he doesn't have the plateau (and I say that with the greatest of respect, I suspect this was Douglas being a 'team man) that Dougy had

He reminds me of Jack Martin a bit in that I don't think he's ever going to be a guy who averages 25+ touches a game. If he can get up to 20-22 a game and continue to have the same sort of impact he does now with them then he could become very useful.

He's one of the few midfielders we have who actually lowers his eyes and looks for a leading target going inside 50.

Jack Martin is incredibly clean and direct, with outstanding natural instincts

Reminding me a lot of a what I'd have liked Richard Douglas to become.

Versatile. Can play deep forward, half forward, on the ball, wing. Isn't amazing at any position right now, but that's to be expected for an inexperienced player.

But unlike Douglas he's far more athetically gifted and crucially, he doesn't fumble, slip over or turn the ball over at crucial moments.

Has shown enough that we must persist with him as a best 22 player

Remove this Banner Ad

Back