Dc9798

Club Legend
Dec 25, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Juventus FC
Yeah.. not sure where this five goals up thing came from.

The game in question we lost by 57pts which was the Showdown where we scored one goal after HT - from Tex almost straight from the first bounce of the 3rd qtr.

"forward Jordan Gallucci will be assessed after suffering a concussion"

Narrator: and he never played again.

1bc6201d24d7adb007c8115c0ba8aa9f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
May not have been 100% by design from the club’s perspective but interesting to see a number of players with party boy reputations leaving the club in the offseason - Gallucci, Poholke, Atkins, Crouch, presumably Stengle to follow shortly.

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
May not have been 100% by design from the club’s perspective but interesting to see a number of players with party boy reputations leaving the club in the offseason - Gallucci, Poholke, Atkins, Crouch, presumably Stengle to follow shortly.
Couple of rumors in the rumor thread about gooch and Polk.

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
May 26, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Rumours or not, Tigers are giving him a look...

“He sort of plays like a Richmond player so that’s something we feel we can get. There’s no guarantees at the moment. He’s coming off a significant injury in an achilles rupture.

“He’s fit in well. We had a camp on the weekend up in Bright and he slotted in seamlessly and seems to have fit in with the group very well.

MarcusP2

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
They picked someone else for one of their spots but have another available.

“He sort of plays like a Richmond player so that’s something we feel we can get. There’s no guarantees at the moment. He’s coming off a significant injury in an achilles rupture.

“He’s fit in well. We had a camp on the weekend up in Bright and he slotted in seamlessly and seems to have fit in with the group very well.

On Pixel 5 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Aug 21, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide

He sure does have experience on camps and Richmond, no wonder he has fit in so well.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Wouldn't Gallucci still be in the rehab group for quite some time to come?

Not sure it would make sense for any club to look at him until the mid-season draft
I reckon he'd be good to go.

thebirdman 24

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
I watched highlights from a game in 2019 against GWS and the Gooch was almost involved in every one of our goals. Clever handballs, flicks, nice passes. I still think there is a player there and we couldve afforded to give him another year instead of Mackay. There must have been some off field stuff the club knew about.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Penske Material

Debutant
Mar 9, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
there was documented off field issues IIRC, preparation substandard & poor attitude...
I watched highlights from a game in 2019 against GWS and the Gooch was almost involved in every one of our goals. Clever handballs, flicks, nice passes. I still think there is a player there and we couldve afforded to give him another year instead of Mackay. There must have been some off field stuff the club knew about.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

skittlebrew

Premiership Player
Feb 8, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Bad luck Jordy. I wonder if recovery from that achilles held him back. The main selling point of Gallucci is his speed and agility.

Think it was more likely the lack of ability holding him back - he couldn't get near it even with full fitness.

Crows and Tigers didn't think there was a player there. If there was off-field issues then why would Richmond trial him in the first place?

Back