Welcome Welcome National Draft Pick #62 - Matthew Signorello

Remove this Banner Ad

They don't just let him take it, but they don't put players and structures in place to stop him from taking it either. They try to win the ball first, if they can't, then they're happiest for Matt Crouch to have it, because he does nothing damaging with it. Tags and blocks are targeted at the players who are damaging when they win it, such as Sloane and Brad, and a couple years ago Thompson and Dangerfield.

Empty accumulator was the knock on him as an under 18, and that hasn't changed a single bit at AFL level, which is why it's important to know and understand what limitations or negatives recruiters saw in the new lot of draftees. Some things can be fixed with coaching, others can't.

Do you think his ball use and decision making have improved since his first season?

Do you think his ball use and decision making have improved since his first season?

No.

His kicking skills are substandard, and never going to get better.

His preferred hand pass remains the short one to the nearest player in order to abrogate responsibility, no matter the pressure the receiver is under, whether they're on the move or stationary, or what longer or more incisive options are available. Hasn't changed or improved at all since he's been here.

Unless of course his brother is in the vicinity, then they pass it to each other like its backyard footy, no matter how bad the decision is, which was frustrating to watch this year.

Is this the Matt Crouch thread?

Signorello looks dreadfully uncoordinated on the field in those highlights packages - it seems to be one knock against him at U18 level, and I'm not sure a bizarre handball and kicking action is something coaching can fix. What other knocks against him does he have? It's important to understand what they are, so that we can see whether he improves them or not, and we can get a better understanding of what things actually can be improved by the time they get this far.

For example, we know the knock on Jarman is height, speed, and athleticism. Height can't be fixed, speed can only be fixed a little, but we know it's possible for staff to fix athleticism, if the player is willing to put the work in - which means that the thing we all need to see from him is work and improvement in his ability to run out games.

Last edited:
For example, we know the knock on Jarman is height, speed, and athleticism. Height can't be fixed, speed can only be fixed a little, but we know it's possible for staff to fix athleticism, if the player is willing to put the work in - which means that the thing we all need to see from him is work and improvement in his ability to run out games.
:pnot true

Can you get surgery to make you taller?
It's no secret that China's economy is growing at a rapid pace. However, it may surprise you to learn that some Chinese citizens are growing, too. A new type of surgery can make you at least two to three inches taller. The people of China are are growing taller thanks to the popularity of leg-lengthening surgery.

tumblr_m1e7umJGKW1qzco8c.jpg

???

To say a 21 y.o. has limited or no upside is borderline *ed.

The fact Matt Crouch could increase his disposal count by 50% from the beginning of his 3rd season to the end. Increase his mark and tackle by a significant margin at the same time and have a clanger count lower than viney cripps selwood hodge dangerfield parker to name a few shows how foolish some statements are.

Matt Signorello may have a unusual handball but it looks pretty effective.
I would not be surprised if this guy turns out to be a gun. Quick hands good mark and looks to have a footy brain.

Dwayne Russell once said Jobe Watson was the worst kick in the Afl and at the time i agreed.
He certainly improved it over the years

If the 2 Matts turn out to be clearance kings all abodes well in the future

To say a 21 y.o. has limited or no upside is borderline ******ed.

The fact Matt Crouch could increase his disposal count by 50% from the beginning of his 3rd season to the end. Increase his mark and tackle by a significant margin at the same time and have a clanger count lower than viney cripps selwood hodge dangerfield parker to name a few shows how foolish some statements are.

I would not be surprised if this guy turns out to be a gun. Quick hands good mark and looks to have a footy brain.

Dwayne Russell once said Jobe Watson was the worst kick in the Afl and at the time i agreed.

The sig seems to be very clean and strong hands at the stoppage, one touch and reminds me of tom liberatore in that sense. Looks hard at it too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Sig looks a bit like a rookie pick with plenty of upside - just going to need to be patient with him

Plenty of upside in that he's light as a feather and looks immature in a football sense but was still able to find the footy at will in TAC cup

Considering Poholke , Galluci and Himmelberg are pretty well advanced for their age there is no problem being patient with this kid

Seems like he'll be an Atkins-type that takes around four years to fully cement himself, but still has a lot of upside. That's fine by me, considering we have Poholke, Gooch and Himmelberg, who, if they make it, will be ready sooner.

Way way too early to come to any conclusions, one way or the other ......amazed that some are trying to predict Signorello's future progression :rolleyes:

But you can with Doedee (and I agree) or any number of players of your choosing. Did you not recently quote a post of your own from 2014 predicting CC's future??? Again, your complete obliviousness to your hypocrisy continues to amuse. Ha, ha, no one can predict anything apart from the all knowing Wayne. You are fun though.

But you can with Doedee (and I agree) or any number of players of your choosing. Did you not recently quote a post of your own from 2014 predicting CC's future??? Again, your complete obliviousness to your hypocrisy continues to amuse. Ha, ha, no one can predict anything apart from the all knowing Wayne. You are fun though.
Won't try and tell you why ....think it's beyond you ability to comprehend

To say a 21 y.o. has limited or no upside is borderline ******ed.

Matt Crouch came to the club off zero football preseasons. He plays with an intensity that requires a significant fitness base. That he continues to improve as his underlying fitness does is not a surprise to anyone other than the Rabbit. A normal person remains unsure where this kid's limit is. As his fitness increases so does his confidence in himself to find time and he's shown he's quite neat with his leg when he does find time.

His brother is more explosive, but he is restrained in the same way. Confidence in the body is the key. 2017, injury permitting, these brothers will be awesome and stamp themselves on the AFL. The Rabbit's view will not change. Those that doubt organic improvement are blinded by the name GIBBS.

Theres a couple of guys in the Australian test team that have very unusual batting styles that could be described awkward or difficult to improve.

One guys the captain that was only considered as a allrounder and an average one at that.

One is a slogger that was only a t20 player.

Much prefer these 2 over any other technical correct batsmen in the country at the moment.

Then theres another called Hanscomb and he only averages 99.70.

So forget what looks nice and focus on what produces and in Matts highlight package he got his handball away and hit a target each time the same with his kicks and whats more credible seems to be his ability to perform at a high level injured.

That my friend is priceless.

Think of Bretton, Dippa and Hannebury in grand finals.

Theres a couple of guys in the Australian test team that have very unusual batting styles that could be described awkward or difficult to improve.

One guys the captain that was only considered as a allrounder and an average one at that.

One is a slogger that was only a t20 player.

Much prefer these 2 over any other technical correct batsmen in the country at the moment.

Then theres another called Hanscomb and he only averages 99.70.

So forget what looks nice and focus on what produces and in Matts highlight package he got his handball away and hit a target each time the same with his kicks and whats more credible seems to be his ability to perform at a high level injured.

That my friend is priceless.

Think of Bretton, Dippa and Hannebury in grand finals.

Mate I've seen Matt Signorello play up close on 2 occasions, the last his 30 disposal game against the Ballarat Rebels here in Ballarat late in the season, Matt more than held his own against a star studded Rebel's midfield that had Hugh McCluggage, Jarrod Berry, Willem Drew and Tom Williamson in there at different times, this "unusual" and "uncoordinated" thing is another of the Rabbit's furphies. His gamestyle on what I've seen resembles a young Rory Sloane, hard at it, great overhead, combative, courageous, a real goer with a few rough edges to be honed albeit he's a fair bit quicker than Rory.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back